You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The DOHHHHHHH Diary

Comments

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2013
    Cheers Benc, yeah I'm getting there but it's hard when your racing bad. IIRC I've like halved my ROI (in a good way lol), think it was like -13% after them first 4 days.

P.S. JJ... cheers for being @rsed enough to reply but not @rsed enough to do the SS lol
  • profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited July 2013
    Hi Dohhhhhh

That 99 hand. Wouldn't it be worth protecting against the draw by shoving the flop? The other guy should fold as he doesn't have the pot odds does he? Or is your plan with a drawing but low flop to let him catch up a little maybe. 
    Sorry but that bed story made me giggle. 
  • ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,432
    edited July 2013
    Heres my update, after getting battered taking a shot its pretty much been treading water. Taking out higher level hu games im showing a small profit at 5rs, but clearly the tilt factor by chasing the dollar and getting turned over has had an effect on the current figure.   

Games: 408
    Av profit: -$0.26
    Av Stake: $8.05
    Roi: -0.2% 
    Profit:  -$108 

Perhaps jj is right dollars for profit, pounds for losses !

Gonna knuckle down now and get some serious volume in over the next week. 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    Hi Dohhhhhh That 99 hand. Wouldn't it be worth protecting against the draw by shoving the flop? The other guy should fold as he doesn't have the pot odds does he? Or is your plan with a drawing but low flop to let him catch up a little maybe.  Sorry but that bed story made me giggle. 
    Posted by profman15
    Not enjoying the matress on the floor prof! :( literally a big mis-read by me !

The 99 hand I'm happy to flat the flop knowing I have the nuts, position on the turn with less than a pot sized bet behind. 

I'm expecting him to call the flop with the kind of hand he had if I shove the flop,I just don't want to give him an excuse to fold his 1pair hands and weaker draws.

Kinda disappointing when he checks the turn to me,I want himto overvalue made hands here as my range is still wide open,he could put me on a draw and move in alot wider than he'd call off. 

Not worried about any turn cards, I'm never folding. Just needed to fade for the big tripple up! :(
    edited July 2013
    Hi Dohhhhhh That 99 hand. Wouldn't it be worth protecting against the draw by shoving the flop? The other guy should fold as he doesn't have the pot odds does he? Or is your plan with a drawing but low flop to let him catch up a little maybe.  Sorry but that bed story made me giggle. 
    Posted by profman15
    When we have sets and opponents have a FD, we don't want them to fold. Sometimes they'll get there (although we can always house up) but taking this small risk means we can stack them instead of winning a smaller pot.
    edited July 2013
    Cheers Benc, yeah I'm getting there but it's hard when your racing bad. IIRC I've like halved my ROI (in a good way lol), think it was like -13% after them first 4 days. P.S. JJ... cheers for being @rsed enough to reply but not @rsed enough to do the SS lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    No probz Paul.

tbf, after posting the reply, I decided it would be amusing to search your results to see this goldfish bowl for myself, but having got it up I realised I'm not auto logged in on this new (old) laptop and I have no idea what my skope pword is.

Maybe sum1 can post a screenshot of Lamberts goldfish bowl so I can use it as my desktop background?

-----------------------

Well up for it today.

I've woken up early with backache, I thought a firm bed was good for your back? It's killing. 

Anyway, Ashes fever has well and trully set in after a dramatic day yesterday, it couldn't be better set up. First hour absolutely crucial.

We also have racing on ch.4. 

Big day of poker/beer & sport ahead, hope it's profitable!!!!

GL all playing today. 
    edited July 2013
    Ok nearly pulled it all back, starting to feel back in the groove. With confidence will come volume, but its gonna be tough to hit priority this month. Might need a couple of cash sessions on a non promo week. 

Had a mini sweat session the other day, other players where pulling nearly everything I did to pieces from bet sizing to calling ranges. I dont want to make wholesale changes to the way I am playing especially if over the longer sample of £5 games its a steady profit at 4% roi, so I guess its one step at a time. Sometimes being unauthordox is good when it comes to poker!

Games:   432
    Av profit:    -$0.06
    Av Stake:  $8.01
    Roi:  2.2%
    Profit:  -$27.38      

• bencbenc Member Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2013
    Nice turnaround Ace, things went alot better for me today had a +45 day at 5s, decided to try stem the flow by opening a word document and getting my thoughts down about key hands in each game and seemed to work for me, although may have just coincided with finally running a bit better. Still -roi and in a deep hole profit wise but slow and steady grinding at 5s and the profit/roi will come. Will maybe be on tomorrow for a little bit but then won't be on till 24th i don't think so will have to carry on then. Good luck with the grinding would be good to see you all on a good positive roi when i return.

Games: 554
    Av profit: -0.27p
    Av stake: £7.01
    Roi: -2.2%
    profit: -£147

Still pretty brutal to look at but considering i hit -£250 the other day i'm pleased to have stemmed the loss and start building up again.
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2013
    Good luck everyone with your challenge, and nice turn arounds going on.

I cant't really remember a day when i lost more HU games than won. I suppose the odd day might be break even (not that i play a lot when i do play em!)

But today was brutal haha

No idea how many i've played, but i have a shocking record for today!

To start with I lost 3-1 in the HU Forum game against jordz, was running pretty terrible.

The games i played later on had a few that were overly aggressive, which are just as good as passive players, they should be easy to win. Just pick your spots and you get paid. But, i just played terrible lol

Not run bad, just some shocking play, i think the heats tilted me lol
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    Nice turnaround Ace, things went alot better for me today had a +45 day at 5s, decided to try stem the flow by opening a word document and getting my thoughts down about key hands in each game and seemed to work for me, although may have just coincided with finally running a bit better. Still -roi and in a deep hole profit wise but slow and steady grinding at 5s and the profit/roi will come. Will maybe be on tomorrow for a little bit but then won't be on till 24th i don't think so will have to carry on then. Good luck with the grinding would be good to see you all on a good positive roi when i return. Games: 554 Av profit: -0.27p Av stake: £7.01 Roi: -2.2% profit: -£147 Still pretty brutal to look at but considering i hit -£250 the other day i'm pleased to have stemmed the loss and start building up again.
    Posted by benc

Have a good break ben, holiday will do you good. I have a hospital appt next week and also need to put business plan together for the new venture so not sure how many clear days I will have. Not surprisingly evening games seem to be much softer at the moment, so will try to play more after 5pm. Morning games arent bad either but not much action as the numbers are down on the site from years gone by. 

edited July 2013
    Quick update, been running well lately and have stuck to playing limits permitted by br. Not a lot more to add apart from its unlikely 2k games is acheivable. Probably somewhere around 1500 is more realistic. 

Games: 558 
    Av profit:  $0.19 
    Av stake:  $7.91
    Roi: 4.7%
    profit:  $107
    edited July 2013
    I haven't updated recently, will prob put graphs up in the morning. 

Lost abit on Thurs, won abit yest until I lost the last 5 consecuative games to some guy who was pwning me :(

Full updates/stats to come before tomorrows session. Need to think of a new plan for next week, just not enough action @ 10s. hmmmmmm......

Ideas? :/
  • TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited July 2013
    just popped by to let you know how much i abso hatteee youuuuu more thaaaaaan bluuuu pooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbrzZWLu6Qw

#yw #ashtag #wewonaments
  • TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited July 2013
    if you had to guess 5 of the contents of your mums handbag what would you choose?

xx
  • samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited July 2013
    if you had to guess 5 of the contents of your mums handbag what would you choose? xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Makes sense....
    A motorway
    A ditch
    A bucket
    A none beer & a fake mate ;)
    edited July 2013

OK, so the Monday morning update didn't happen, nor did the Tues/Weds or Thurs. 

Have changed poker plans for the month, and maybe/probably even longer/forever, after ages playing 90% of my poker here, I think I'm finally going to move my main roll and most of my volume elsewhere. 

Nothing to do with beats or anything sky have done or anything like that, just think I've found a better alternative. 

More on that tomorrow when I'll round up the month so far with results/graphs etc, but for now 1 question....

Did you ever think you'd see a time when a number 11 batsman got promoted to number 9 as a nightwatchman to protect numbers 9 and 10?

THE most absurd thing I've ever seen in cricket! 
    edited July 2013
    Sigh, I sensed this coming (the mostly playing elsewhere thing). You play for a living so gotta do the thing that wins you the most £££ innit. The only thing I would say is that X site won't be like that forever imo, but even if it's not, Sky isn't going anywhere so you can always come back.

Just make sure you still post on the forum!
  • profman15profman15 Member Posts: 1,808
    edited July 2013
    HI Dohhhhhhh

When Beefy mentioned it, i immediately thought of YOU!!! So pleased its hit your diary. Made me chuckle!!
    edited July 2013
    HI Dohhhhhhh When Beefy mentioned it, i immediately thought of YOU!!! So pleased its hit your diary. Made me chuckle!!
    Posted by profman15
    haha,I wasn't at the TV to hear Beefys comments, I was in the toilet puking up at the thought of Steve Smith ripping through the strength of our team, the lower middle order. 

I can imagine he wasn't best pleaed though. Just such a poor decision, and also an indication as to the size of Stuart Broads ego! 

Thinks he's worthy of a nightwatchman????pffft. 

It's now almost certain that one of 3 dangerous batsman, Swann/Broad/Bresnan will be left strandard at the end of the innings. 

Fear the worst for us this Test, MASSIVE advantage to Aus after day 1. 

Over to the bowlers yet again to get us out of jail.

At least we have a Yorkshireman to help Jimmy out this time. (2 if Cook doesn't underbowl Root again! :))