You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
edited September 2011 in Community Help & Advice

Aight, me again, in GPC, with an inappropriate thread! :(

Just give it 20 mins plz mods.....

First time I've been up to playing in a good 10 days and the site is going soooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I've had 2 walkovers today in HU sngs, as my opponent was away throughout, and I've just suffered the same fate myself, not being able to play the game.

Is there something wrong? It seems only to be effecting the minority, so maybe it's something we can do to sort it out on our own individual computers?

Does anyone have any ideas? 

My adobe is up to date as far as I know, and I re-installed the dload on Friday, although it might be worth another try?

Pleaseeeeee help :)

ty

Comments

• pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited September 2011
    yb was suffering badly on friday i think with multi tables, did his get sorted out mate?
  • luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited September 2011
    having issues too. dload client wont get past loading lobby, just packs up and disappears. have to click more than once on many site links.
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited September 2011
    I'm not seeing any problems with forum nav or playing games albeit via the browser client (single tabling) Firefox 6 and latest flash.
    My download client is also bang upto date (as is Adobe AIR) but I haven't tried it for a while *by that I mean I updated it a couple of days ago but haven't played using it.

• scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited September 2011
    just a quick one from me there were updates to the download last week if anyone is still having issues could I suggest uninstalling and re-installing to make sure you do have the very latest one.
  • GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited September 2011
    I'm finding this forum very slow and difficult to use intermittently, including this afternoon. Many pages either won't load in at all or take ages to load, ie 30+ secs. I've tried different browsers and different systems, it's just as bad on all of them. My connection is fine, all other websites are loading at normal speed.
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited September 2011
    I had this prob too over the weekend , i uninstalled and re downloaded and as of 2day everything has been runnin just fine
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2011
    testing
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited September 2011

i have probs playing s@g's and dym at the moment

i get my cards and get folded before i have time to act!

a lot of players have similar problems and sky seem to think its at our end but  have no probs on any other site.

maybe the software needs tweaking?

also my god mode seems to be broken!

• ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....:
    yb was suffering badly on friday i think with multi tables, did his get sorted out mate?
    Posted by pod1
    i can confirm that i'm still having massive problems. every skypoker page takes ages to load (like the forum, my account history etc.) and the client just isn't working at all.

i was multi-tabling earlier and the tables were lagging for a while (eventually they sorted themselves out) but it wouldn't let me see any notes on players and i couldn't check the hand histories at all after playing hands, quite possibly costing me money.

i logged off for dinner and can't play now even if i wanted to because of problems with loading the client. this is obviously a problem with sky because other users are suffering too and every other website is working fine for me.

can someone from sky please respond to this thread becase this service is unacceptable.
  • losthornetlosthornet Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2011
    I'm having the same problem with the dl client, thought it was just me as this is on a brand new laptop with windows 7 - was fine on my old vista box, but guess that's just a coincidence as I'm clearly not alone.

site is very slow too and I can only get things working in firefox currently.

In Response to Re: Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....:
    having issues too. dload client wont get past loading lobby, just packs up and disappears. have to click more than once on many site links.
    Posted by luvBWFC
  • MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited September 2011
    I would suggest contacting customer services.  No one is likely to see technical issue posts on the forum in good time (even though I note the thread was started in the afternoon) - but if a few people call customer services and report the issue then I would imagine it's more likely to get some attention.
  • logdonlogdon Member Posts: 1,777
    edited September 2011
     I started calling them on Sunday to ask why my BR has disappeared because I can't click raise or fold.?  Only just been able to log on the site. Others I play on are fine so it's not my Computer. They have been tinkering with the RNG and changing things because the site format has changed. Bet I dont get a refund.?
  • TREMAYNETREMAYNE Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2011
    The site is so slow
    Download not working
    Tables not opening on browser
    In the end I uninstalled the download and acrobate air
    Still totty wouldnt open
    Finally got it to work 3/4 of an hour after start time
    SORT IT OUT SKY
  • TREMAYNETREMAYNE Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2011

In fact dont bother to sort it out
    I have just withdrawn most of my bankroll

edited September 2011
    Well the site seems to be working now but I for one will not be depositing my lost BR till I am sure this delay has been sorted out and when I click raise it doesn't freeze and then fold me out. Full house calling Allin nothing happening then folded.  You can't Play Poker under these conditions unless your TK who sits out most of the time.  I jest.? 
  • RubixCubeRubixCube Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2011
    I've been suffering all weekend, seems to be a little better now. 

Had this from customer care earlier...

"We seem to be experiencing a technical problem with the website at the moment. I have passed on the information technical department, we are trying to resolve this as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused."
    edited September 2011
    Siiiiiill slooooow woooooont beeee plaaaayin 
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited September 2011
    The site is so slow Download not working Tables not opening on browser In the end I uninstalled the download and acrobate air Still totty wouldnt open Finally got it to work 3/4 of an hour after start time SORT IT OUT SKY
    Posted by TREMAYNE
    +1 sooooo annoying. Had problems since friday but thought it was my broadband, fed up of paying for games and not getting to play them. Last night was impossible and spoilt the dtd.
  • luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited September 2011
    trying out Chrome. Seems a lot faster at the mo
  • AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2011

I'm finding this forum very slow and difficult to use intermittently, including this afternoon. Many pages either won't load in at all or take ages to load, ie 30+ secs. I've tried different browsers and different systems, it's just as bad on all of them. My connection is fine, all other websites are loading at normal speed.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Last week I had the same problem for a few days but it's been ok again lately. Like you say pages wouldn't load, they would just appear blank or time out completely yet other sites would be fine.

Playing poker on the download has been fine throughout though for me.