You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....

Comments

• LOL_RAISELOL_RAISE Member Posts: 2,188
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....:
    In Response to Re: Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues..... : i can confirm that i'm still having massive problems. every skypoker page takes ages to load (like the forum, my account history etc.) and the client just isn't working at all. i was multi-tabling earlier and the tables were lagging for a while (eventually they sorted themselves out) but it wouldn't let me see any notes on players and i couldn't check the hand histories at all after playing hands, quite possibly costing me money. i logged off for dinner and can't play now even if i wanted to because of problems with loading the client. this is obviously a problem with sky because other users are suffering too and every other website is working fine for me. can someone from sky please respond to this thread becase this service is unacceptable.
    Posted by yb
    +1
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited September 2011
    Hi All,

Our technical team have carried out a thorough review of the site and they cannot find any evidence of any problems which would cause these issues.

We have had a small number of complaints (~ 15) in the last 24 hours through our customer care team reporting similar issues to that commented here.

The only link we can establish is all 15 of these customers who reported are tiscali/talktalk customers - their network status webpage states they have a number of open incidents, including a Priority 1 service failure last night.

If you continue to have problems, particularly as a talktalk/tiscali customer, then please contact your internet service provider for a service update.

Our customer care team will also be happy to assist as best they can.

Kind Regards

Adam

• GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited September 2011
    I'm a Talktalk customer who had huge problems yesterday. It's running a lot better today, there's still occasional lag, but the site is usuable. I find it hard to blame the internet service provider because all other internet services were working at normal speed while we had difficulties with Sky. For example my PokerStars client was running as normal and I could load any web page instantly, it was only those on Sky Poker that would not.

If it was a Talktalk/Tiscali issue it must have been local to the Sky servers, not local to my home.
  • RubixCubeRubixCube Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2011

I made a complaint to customer care yesterday after experiencing issues all weekend, i'm with Virgin Media tho not talktalk. 

Touch wood the client has been fine for me today, I've had a couple of 'Network Error' messages but no timing out or tables disconnecting. 

The site still seems hit and miss, sometimes i have to refresh pages 3/4 times to get them to load up. 

• aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    edited September 2011

is it a mozilla firefox v6 related problem?

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....:
    is it a mozilla firefox v6 related problem?
    Posted by aussie09

No because people are having problems with the download.
  • THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited September 2011
    In Response to Site becoming unplayable, lag/dload/forum navigation issues.....:
    Aight, me again, in GPC, with an inappropriate thread! :( Just give it 20 mins plz mods..... First time I've been up to playing in a good 10 days and the site is going soooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I've had 2 walkovers today in HU sngs, as my opponent was away throughout, and I've just suffered the same fate myself, not being able to play the game. Is there something wrong? It seems only to be effecting the minority, so maybe it's something we can do to sort it out on our own individual computers? Does anyone have any ideas?  My adobe is up to date as far as I know, and I re-installed the dload on Friday, although it might be worth another try? Pleaseeeeee help :) ty
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    IT CANT BE ANYTHING TO DO WITH OUR COMPUTER, IT MUST BE SKY COS IVE JUST HAD MY COMPUTER TOTALLY CLEANED AT PC SHOP AND I COULDNT GET A GAME TODAY OR YESTERDAY!!!!
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2011

Mines alot lot lot lot lotttttttttttttttt better today!

Haven't played but forum is running smoothly, and I've been able to watch tables without any problems :)
  • bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited September 2011
    Im with talk talk and suffered the same thing last 2 days!! i couldnt even load sky up sky bet  or sky poker.. after contacting customer service about 5 times they told me that there was a problem with talk talk.  even though every other site worked fine, sky are shifting the blame and refused to refund my mtt entries which i just got blinded out of.

i contacted talk talk, but may as well talked to the wall.  they were foriegn and didnt have a clue what i was talking about!
  • debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited September 2011
    Well it does appear to be fine 2day so lets just hope yeah ??
  • logdonlogdon Member Posts: 1,777
    edited September 2011
     I'm with Virgin  because I am one  --------------------- of their Customers and have had the worst weekend of my poker life the last few days have been just horrendous.  Since joining Sky Poker this problem always happens when they tamper with the site format of RNG. We should expect a Free Roll peace offering soon.  What with trying to play poker due to the lag and yesterday was the worst day by far being unable to even log on to the site or down load. When I did manage to get on the site it wasn't for long before everything froze and not even able to log out. The funny part was staring at the Sky advert saying on line and playing at the tables in seconds. Yeh !       Ok today but for how long.? fingers and legs crossed.? 
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited September 2011

Hi All,

A quick update on this, our technical teams have continued to thoroughly investigate all possible avenues, there is no evidence of any issues with sky poker which would result in these issues.

The vast majority of players reporting this issue are AOL/Talktalk/Tiscali users (these 3 share network services), well in excess of the % of our base who actually use these services, hence we can deduced that the issue is likely to be at the ISP end.

Bigal36903 has posted here in general chat that Talktalk have confirmed they have been experiencing server issues and they hope this to be resolved in 24 hours - if you are one of their customers then please contact them directly for an update if problems persist.

A small number of customers have also reported issues with Virgin as their ISP- this is being treated separately at this time by ourselves, again we suggest you contact your ISP directly since there are no signs of any problems at our end.

Whilst we fully appreciate your frustration, we are not in a position to offer any resolution to these problems which are out of our control. We are also trying to make contact with the ISP's ourselves directly.

If we pick up any further useful information then we will post it here.

Best Wishes

Adam

• losthornetlosthornet Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2011
    In first time this evening.....first time since last friday. fingers crossed.
  • THFC4EVATHFC4EVA Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2011
    everything a1 today all running smooth. happy days
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited September 2011
    cant get on using download or browser. Virgin is my ISP.
  • patriot58patriot58 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2011
    can't log in, can't select tournaments or sit n go's but can post on here aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited September 2011

Problems back again today.

Not as severe yet as it was on Monday, but forum very hard to navigate, having to refresh 4/5 times sometimes.

Hard to load tables, and tourny lobbies.

And haven't even tried to play yet!........
  • GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited September 2011
    It looked like it was fixed yesterday, but I'm back to the same problems again today.

If I was Sky I'd be having harsh words with these ISPs if it really is them causing the problems because they're losing Sky business. All other websites and PokerStars/888 clients are working 100% as normal here, only Sky Poker is running badly, website and downloadable client. I'll reluctantly be playing elsewhere until this gets sorted, there's nothing more tilting than tables not loading after you've registered for a tournament and watching hands you wanted to play getting timed out.

Edit; after posting this I did a speed test, my broadband is running at 15.09 Mbps

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1484205678.png
  • TREMAYNETREMAYNE Member Posts: 432
    edited September 2011
    It looked like it was fixed yesterday, but I'm back to the same problems again today. If I was Sky I'd be having harsh words with these ISPs if it really is them causing the problems because they're losing Sky business. All other websites and PokerStars/888 clients are working 100% as normal here, only Sky Poker is running badly, website and downloadable client. I'll reluctantly be playing elsewhere until this gets sorted, there's nothing more tilting than tables not loading after you've registered for a tournament and watching hands you wanted to play getting timed out.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1
     Tremayne has left the building (but i may be back IF they ever get it sorted)

• AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2011
    It looked like it was fixed yesterday, but I'm back to the same problems again today. If I was Sky I'd be having harsh words with these ISPs if it really is them causing the problems because they're losing Sky business. All other websites and PokerStars/888 clients are working 100% as normal here, only Sky Poker is running badly, website and downloadable client. I'll reluctantly be playing elsewhere until this gets sorted, there's nothing more tilting than tables not loading after you've registered for a tournament and watching hands you wanted to play getting timed out. Edit; after posting this I did a speed test, my broadband is running at 15.09 Mbps http://www.speedtest.net/result/1484205678.png
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    A speedtest isn't much use here as the ISP's having problems are having trouble with certains routes you're connection takes to get to sky poker.