You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Nobody to blame but ourselves.......

Comments

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Nobody to blame but ourselves.......:
    I dont want it to change personally!!! Everyone says they will play it if its less but IMO then it wont be the "7.30 ds" Sky have a good setup i feel, the 7pm with the bigger fields and the smaller buyin, but the 7.30 is there for the people who want less varience, a better structure and more money to play for (although at the moments its probably less) Not sure how we can promote it, maybe 1 of the non live nights on sky could show highlights, There is 3-4 hours of great poker being played and with only 3 or 4 tables being used the players are guarenteed ALOT of tv coverage, im sure that will attract alot of players
    Posted by FlashFlush
    hiya flash i like your idea on this post about poss tv coverage on a non televised live nite.Sounds to me this could well entice more players in.I think most people like seeing there hands played on the tv.Not including my bad moves of course.lol and gl
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    hi tikay and all--i think the 22 deepie should stay as is but just give it more promotion--i cant afford it myself at the moment because of the end of season sales that my girlfriend simply cannot miss--lol--but i hope to become a regular there soon----i have only played it once so far and was the first one out so it was a bad expierience that took a while to get over---i called a raise with kk----hit my set---with an 4AK flop reraised his bet --called his shove--he had set of aces--well that was an enjoyable 5 mins i thought---thats never happened to me before

also i cant multitable with my set up and i really like the 7pm games that do have a reasonable field and are great fun to play--maybe some tv promotion by yourself would do the trick--a short ad with your take on the structure differences would do the trick i think

i will be giving this tourney another shot--just that set over set put me off for a bit as it is a big buy in for me--but i do feel it is worth it really and should stay a higher buy in ---good luck
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited October 2009
    Tikay i love these slow structured games. I learned to play in a slow structure and often struggle to adapt to the faster structures.

Unfortunetly as much as id love to be in these type of tournament i dont have a BR that allows it. Anyways Tikay i hope you can keep it running, so that i can eventually get into one.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited October 2009
    Tikay i love these slow structured games. I learned to play in a slow structure and often struggle to adapt to the faster structures. Unfortunetly as much as id love to be in these type of tournament i dont have a BR that allows it. Anyways Tikay i hope you can keep it running, so that i can eventually get into one.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don.

If you can't currently manage the 7.30 £22 Deepie, remember there are deepies every hour at 15 minute past, & these vary from (I think) £2.20 to £5.50.

And every night at 7pm there is a Deepie, which ranges from £3.30 & £5.50, up to £11.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I do feel partly to blame for this!! I have always been behind the push for deepstack slow games, but after a bad MTT run I have moved to cash and making a tidy profit... The last day or so though has seen the opposite, cant hit a barn door etc etc, so decided to play the £22 ds last night..  As Tikay said we only had 15 last night... But if you are looking for a nice long tourney with a great chance to cash this is the best on the site... Reason being:-...   6 Players paid Guarenteed every night (so around 1 in 3 chance to cash atm) Generally the same faces so you can build up "reads" on player.  Very friendly as all the players know each other by now now get this from last night......!!!  It took 1 Hour 20 Minutes to lose out FIRST .. yes FIRST!! Player...  The value is staring you in the face, but everyone is turning their backs on it.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Well the Players do not seem to want it, if they did, more would play it.

But there are some useful ideas on this Thread, so let's all pull tiogether to try & find the solution.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    blimey NUTTER i still wouldnt be over it.No honestly though m8 as soon as i can afford it im def gonna try one gl m8
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay, I agree it is the best scheduled tourney on sky. I stopped playing it as it became too much, £22 every night. I would definately play it again if the buy in was reduced to £10. x
    Posted by MADMOO
    That a promise? ;)

x
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I would like it 2 stay £22 coz there other deepstacks at £5 and £10. One thing they could do is move it 2 the top of the poker loppy next the other deepstacks try
    Posted by Uzi_lover
    I will pass that on to the Suits Uzi.

The problem might be that they say that the top of the Lobby is reserved for Tourneys which have wide appeal - & right now, the 7.30 Deepie does not.

But no harm in asking!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Nobody to blame but ourselves....... : Sky needs to reduce the cost for a week or maybe a fortnight and see if it works. I love the £22 deepstack but i wont be playing it as often, if ever if the guarantee is £300, not for £22 entry fee it makes no sense. I brought this subject up a few weeks ago regarding this tournament and the main problem seemed to be the cost for most players. Totally agree with TK that its by far the best structured tournament on the site. Please don't let the tournament die it would be a real shame.
    Posted by tallboy
    Let it die?

I don't do give up. Hence this Thread!
  • Options
    spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2009

Bad news about the guarantee but was inevitable I suppose, maybe drop the buy in and attract a few more players to the best game on the site.

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    TK I would support this tourney but can not due to my bankroll. Once I am working again I will play this at least once a week or so. Dave

p.s. The £10 idea I would support. I noticed the 7pm deepies that I have gone quite deep in (last 15) do descend into a shove fest. So yes £10 one has my backing
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As I've said on another thread, the 19:30 Deepie is too expensive.   It needs to be £10 or less.   It also needs to be 10 seater IMO (maybe it already is?) Tikay can you elucidate the structure of the 19:30 Deepie? This highlights some issues: How can we see a tournament structure & seats per table before we decide to sign up? The description usually only shows the starting stacks & blind levels. All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    Sky Poker changed it to 10 Seater a few weeks ago, & there was uproar - almost every player demanded it be revert to a 6 Seater - so it did.

Personally, I'm not fussed either way. Sometimes we have to give a little to get a little, but sadly, some folks demand it "just so", failing which they get all uppity. So I don't mind if it is 6 Seater or 10 Seater, but I think it will remain 6 handed for the near-term.
  • Options
    gadgerno1gadgerno1 Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2009
    brilliant torney guys
    I will be back playing it asap, been grinding away alot in the d/ups
    but its deffo the best game on this site
    hopefully could get people back like meself, nutter, phil12, flash etc
    all of whom where playing it  a while ago
    I know some of us (esp nutter) can make maybe more playing other things
    but unless we get behind this torney, its never gunna grow to where the prize money
    would be big, I too prefer it as a £22 torney and after this week (busy working alot)
    will hopefully be playing this more. come on guys lets get behind it before we lose it

ps, great thread TK
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As I've said on another thread, the 19:30 Deepie is too expensive.   It needs to be £10 or less.   It also needs to be 10 seater IMO (maybe it already is?) Tikay can you elucidate the structure of the 19:30 Deepie? This highlights some issues: How can we see a tournament structure & seats per table before we decide to sign up? The description usually only shows the starting stacks & blind levels. All the best.
    Posted by Sherlock
    That is a GREAT question!

I only know the 7pm & 7.30pm ones have different structures because I play them in parallel, & can see the Blinds in one going up much faster than in the other. In the 7pm, "push-time" arrives 2 or 3 Tables out. In the 7.30, I can Final as Billy Low-Stack (& usually do), & still have plenty of play.

But the second part of your question is a purler - & spot on.

You are 100% correct - there should be somewhere in the Lobby where we can see the Structure, how many seats per Table, distribution (in % Terms)) of the Prize Pool, etc. It's a bad omission, & one that needs to be rectified quickly.

And it will be......

The next major Upgrade - in just over a month, I think (though I never trust IT peeps when it comes to keeping to timetables) - & that Upgrade, which will totally & wholly revamp the Lobby, will include all that. 

Glad you raised that!
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2009
    For a decent prize fund I think it should stay at £22, however I can seesome people this is outwith their bankroll so maybe sme qualifiers to get into it (i'm not sure if there are already qualifiers for it) but i think hat would boost the amount of people who play in it. Personally I haven't had the chance to take part yet due to having a moody mises lol(if i dont pay her atention for more than 3 hours then well you know the score lol) but I will definately enjoy tking part in hse due to the more skill element than the all just get your chips in stuff
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If it is kept at £22 how about the winner also gets a seat to the Sunday 2k deepy? May encourage more entries. Just a thought that I am sure could be tinkered with.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    like the sound of the qualifying idea CHRISBHOY.£4.40 + 0.40 sound about right?
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2009
    yah i agree dav so you get 1 in 5 qualifiers!. I thnk it would appea t people as they would see th increase in players andincrese in money at end. You would even get loads of great hans to show on channel865 too 
    for some reason I have a good record in thee qualifiers but rubbish in the real thing lol.
    But since I have just started to play these tournamentson ky now I havepenty time to get there! though i id well in 1 of the bounty hunters i qualified for but i'll ge there  day!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    *****  Guy this is an idea from my forum thread 'MTT tab for deepstacks' ****** may help?
    Hey,
    I think there should be a sub tab of 'deep stacks' in the MTT area. This will help our players find these gems with ease. As you actually can not find the 15 min past the hour deepstacks unless you click the MTT main tab, not it's sub divisions.
    This simple suggestion may result in an increase in the number of players taking part in all of our deepstacks.
    Any thoughts?
    Dave
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Nobody to blame but ourselves....... : That a promise? ;) x
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes sure is. x