You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Nobody to blame but ourselves.......

13»

Comments

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    .Hi Guys .. TK   this idea  might help....OK 22quid is what in $30is(don't know)  Most other sites are play's  in $'s .......Now great here we play in real money but  it  also feels more  when its real ....
    My Idea would be to have the DAILY 7 30 event  10 quid  with a Friday game of 30 quid..What with the economics as they are ..
    Players would maybe love a slightly bigger game  on Friday but  during the week  a 10 quid  nightly is plenty to have to fork out for .. This  is just my opinion on what would appeal to me ..
    Cos if you also add into the equation some people like the TV event's 11 - 20 quid a night ..then most people cant budget for both which may end up costing 35 -45 quid a night.. 
    Poker is all about  ....   'TheMath"  :))  ..glk mate Benny
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Nobody to blame but ourselves.......:
    Many of us think that the best scheduled Daily Tourney on Sky Poker is the £400 Guaranteed, £22 7.30pm Deepie. I certainly do, & it's one Tourney I expect to Cash in more nights than not. Last night, it mustered a mere 15 runners. So now, the Guarantee has been dropped to £300. We really can't blame Sky Poker for this. The Guarantee was £500 at one time, then £400, now £300. Meanwhile, the rapid structured 9pm Biggies continue to attract maximum capacity fields more nights than not. Who can blame Sky Poker for concentrating on Tourneys which attract as many as 700 Runners, when our 7.30 Deepie only garners two dozen at best most nights? If we don't support this Tourney, it will get cancelled. It's that simple.
    Posted by Tikay10
    hi tk,in my opinion i think the reason the rapid structured games have the big turnout is quite simply the prize money...if you can donk ya way to 2k in three hours (in my case at least) why sit four 4/5 hours in the hope of winning £200?.
    i prefer "real poker" especially live but (and i know this is a fault in my game)
    i much prefer a faster bigger money game online.
    i think if sky took a chance a offered a big prize deepstack tourny it would take off,say 5k guaranteed? oviously it could not be the tv game but maybe highlights could be shown on a certain night?

cheers dave....
  • Options
    simallysimally Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2009
    as i play deepstack tourneys 90% of the time would be dissapointed if this was lost.
    like the idea of it also being a qualifer into the sunday 2K deepie
    or a drop in buy in to 11 pound

sorry if this is a bit garbeld
    but its my first ever post
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Nobody to blame but ourselves.......:
    as i play deepstack tourneys 90% of the time would be dissapointed if this was lost. like the idea of it also being a qualifer into the sunday 2K deepie or a drop in buy in to 11 pound sorry if this is a bit garbeld but its my first ever post
    Posted by simally
    I like your first ever post, especially as you back my seed of an idea of entry to the 2k! hehe

Dave
  • Options
    pod1pod1 Member Posts: 4,377
    edited October 2009
    i did play the 22 ds for a while and like tkay says good people good poker, bank roll got hit hard over a couple of weeks, so unable to play(wife wouldnt be happy, she says kids food and nappies more important mmmmm). do play the 7pm ds during week 3.30, 5.50, but standard of playmuch worse, same old problem more players=more bad players. cheaper tournys =worse players. do like the idea of having a biggy on weekend once a week but again bit steep. suppose what i am saying is i aint good enough to bankroll the tournys i want to play in, so ill get off the forum and put my nose in a book and get better x
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    I love the tourney as it is. Please don't change it to £10. The £10 7pm deepies still only attract 40 odd runners. The prize structure needs to stay as it is with all final tablers getting something - as I feel that's a major hinderence with the numbers being so few in the 'biggie' on Sunday's.  I'm not sure how sky could gain more interest in these? Could a Friday big tourney be a £33 deepie starting at 8 be a possible suggestion as there is no longer a TV hinderence due to no show on a Friday. It could then have a ton of satelittes into it (like Primo does) and be advertised at the top of the screen.
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited October 2009

Like your idea Phil but think it would be better to make the primo a 'deepy' once a month.  This turney is already popular so you would be gauranteed support and once people have a taste we might get more numbers for the regular deep stack. 

Again although reducing the buyin to £10 would attract more players I dont think it would attract enough to increase the prize pool overall. Maybe reducing it to £16.50 would be worth a try. 

Either way I will continue to play in this turney night in night out.  Like Scotty I would probably make more money on the cash tables but feel that my game in general, benefits greatly from playing is this turney.