You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

sky poker £865 freeroll

Comments

• Options
    mary611mary611 Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: sky poker £865 freeroll:
    sites a joke deposite like every day and dnt even get in a freeroll but they let idiots in tht only use site for freerolls
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    WHAT A LOAD OF POOH

6000 online and less than 2000 seated.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2009
    THIS MUST BE A RECORD NUMBER OF POSTS IN SUCH A SHORT SPACE OF TIME.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2009
    from the clues tikay gave out, it was very easy guys. surprised with so much bad feeling
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    also can i just ask why is it 14 minute blinds when it states 7 min blinds?
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    from the clues tikay gave out, it was very easy guys. surprised with so much bad feeling
    Posted by webby234
    i didnt bother to enter cos ive gotta go out at 10 for 30 mins, however i do think it was a really poor way to organise the freeroll.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i thought it was ok, they want people to tune in to the channel and those that did will have got the password if other players dont post it on the forums, which one player did!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    also can i just ask why is it 14 minute blinds when it states 7 min blinds?
    Posted by webby234
    c u in 30 mins but if it is 14 minute blinds some will be here at 4am lol
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited October 2009
    Glad the the blinds levels are longer.
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited October 2009
    Blind levers are all over the shop atm.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    edited October 2009

I'm sorry some of you are disappointed not to get into the Freeroll. There were 1,000 Free Seats, & £865 to give away, so damand was huge.

I trailed a few clues during the first 30 minutes, there were equally available to everyone who was watching.

It had been announced that the Password wouild be revealed within the first part of the Show, & it was.

So Sky Poker were good to their word, & I'm sorry if some of you think that by giving clues, it disadvantaged you. 

For those that got in, I hope you enjoyed the £865 865 Freeroll.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2009
    lol don't worry about it tikay m8 the password was obvious to anyone ACTUALLY watching, good show as ever....good luck Sir
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    that was a very tricky clue when tikay started singing "we are the ........." was a real mystery
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    that was a very tricky clue when tikay started singing "we are the ........." was a real mystery
    Posted by webby234
    I was watching the show while I was playing.
    I didn't even hear him singing - I guess I'm just lucky. :-)
  • Options
    Bytor_2112Bytor_2112 Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    If Paul Rodgers is not available for the next QUEEN tour, there could be an opening for you Tikay !

'We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for losers...'

;O)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250
    edited October 2009

Thanks guys.

It really distressed me overnight that some of you felt this had not been done fairly.

It had been widely pre-advertised, in e-Mails from Sky Poker & on this forum by me, that the Password would be made known during the early part of the Show. All the indications would that there would be huge demand. I mean, Sky Poker were giving away, completely free, £865. So, a free shot at a few bob if you could nab a seat.

Just before the Show, it occurred to me, looking at the huge volume of people Online last night - (subsequently over6,000 were Online) that if every one of them found the Password at exactly the same moment, & all entered the Freeroll simultaneously, that'd be some spike in traffic, an un-natural load on the Software, sort of like revving a car up & then dropping the clutch with a bang! 

So I suggested to the Producer, 'Ling, that we might trail a few Clues before actually announcing the Password. She agreed readily, though I stress it was my idea, & if that were wrong, I take the blame.

So that's what we did. Clues were dropped by me - make of Spark Plugs, rode a Grand National winner, the rendition of the Queen song ((amazed anyone recognized it!), etc.  We went on a break at about 9.26, then at the top of the next section, we had to do Stats, Leaderboard, etc, so it was 9.34, or 9.35 before the actual announcement was confirmed.

When the Show ended, I looked Online, after my Producer had warned me it had all kicked off, & I was aghast at what I saw. Sky Poker had "messed up", made a "**** up of it", and were "cheats".

I really don't know what to say, or think. Sky Poker gave away £865, & said that Players would have to watch the Show to get the Password.

Nobody messed up, nobody cheated, the £865 was given away.

With hindsight, of course, I wish I'd not had my bright idea to give away Clues, & if it did disadvantage anyone, it's my fault, not Sky Poker's so blame me. But if I had not trailed the Password, just as many people would have failed to get in, because demand far outstripped seat availability. And I suppose they would have blamed somebody else then.

Ho-hum.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you plan to do.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    You did the right thing.
    The ungracious nature of people who have been whining about not being able to register in time amazes me.
    Don't give it a moment's thought.
    There are MUCH more important things to think about - what's Sarah wearing tonight?

• Options
    edited October 2009
    tikay i beleive you did it the fairest way possible and IF all these moaners were actually WATCHING  the show then they would have got the password for sure, a lot of the names that are complaining i have never come across on a sky poker table and as for certain players posting the password on the forums, that was totally out of order imo
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Thanks guys. It really distressed me overnight that some of you felt this had not been done fairly. It had been widely pre-advertised, in e-Mails from Sky Poker & on this forum by me, that the Password would be made known during the early part of the Show. All the indications would that there would be huge demand. I mean, Sky Poker were giving away, completely free, £865. So, a free shot at a few bob if you could nab a seat. Just before the Show, it occurred to me, looking at the huge volume of people Online last night - (subsequently over6,000 were Online) that if every one of them found the Password at exactly the same moment, & all entered the Freeroll simultaneously, that'd be some spike in traffic, an un-natural load on the Software, sort of like revving a car up & then dropping the clutch with a bang!  So I suggested to the Producer, 'Ling, that we might trail a few Clues before actually announcing the Password. She agreed readily, though I stress it was my idea, & if that were wrong, I take the blame. So that's what we did. Clues were dropped by me - make of Spark Plugs, rode a Grand National winner, the rendition of the Queen song ((amazed anyone recognized it!), etc.  We went on a break at about 9.26, then at the top of the next section, we had to do Stats, Leaderboard, etc, so it was 9.34, or 9.35 before the actual announcement was confirmed. When the Show ended, I looked Online, after my Producer had warned me it had all kicked off, & I was aghast at what I saw. Sky Poker had "messed up", made a "**** up of it", and were "cheats". I really don't know what to say, or think. Sky Poker gave away £865, & said that Players would have to watch the Show to get the Password.   Nobody messed up, nobody cheated, the £865 was given away. With hindsight, of course, I wish I'd not had my bright idea to give away Clues, & if it did disadvantage anyone, it's my fault, not Sky Poker's so blame me. But if I had not trailed the Password, just as many people would have failed to get in, because demand far outstripped seat availability. And I suppose they would have blamed somebody else then. Ho-hum. Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you plan to do.
    Posted by Tikay10

TK it was all done fairly. 9-930pm was the alloted password time. In that time the password was alluded to and then given out. All fine. I was so keen I was guessing 8 letter words as soon as you said that! "SKYPOKER" I was sure I had it ;) there had to be some element of fun to this or else there would be no need for the presenters to say it at all - just put it up as a graphic at 9pm.

Are you on again tonight? :)

GLUMBRA (looks like my name is sticking )

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited October 2009
    Tikay you did absolutely nothing wrong. The whingers expected to get into this freerolls without watching the show - hence all the "What's the password?" requests. The clues made it so obvious if you actually bothered to watch.