You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Keep getting logged out of the site.

BeastieBoyBeastieBoy Member Posts: 68
edited October 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Yep, me too.

Online Chat help is inundated....

Comments

• Options
    Bytor_2112Bytor_2112 Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2009
    ...and now it's put my posts before yours  - it must be to do with the clocks going back an hour lol
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I keep getting logged out of the site every 30 secs or so.  Get the message "Unfortunately your login has expired due to a period of inactivity.  Please login again with your UserID and Pin.".  I've tried restarting my browser and deleting the cache etc, but can't stay logged in or lauch a table.  I've had to type this whilst logged out then login just before I click send.

Oh well, time for bed...
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Keep getting logged out of the site.:
    I keep getting logged out of the site every 30 secs or so.  Get the message "Unfortunately your login has expired due to a period of inactivity.  Please login again with your UserID and Pin.".  I've tried restarting my browser and deleting the cache etc, but can't stay logged in or lauch a table.  I've had to type this whilst logged out then login just before I click send. Oh well, time for bed...
    Posted by BeastieBoy
    Yup, I got same problem :(
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just noticed the player count in the lobby:

12128 Players 151 Seated

Someone must've typed "google" into google and broken the internet.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Im getting this and its wrecking my tournaments so i'll be off elsewhere soon if there is no fix. Its become so bad you cant risk playing anything significant because it takes so long to log back in each time.
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2009
    Same here. Was registered for a £2 HU SNG and couldn't unregister either. Went to bed and just discovered that some rascal nicked my 2 quid. I assume we will be refunded?

EDIT:
    Have just spoken to live chat/support and all i got was "the poker team are reveiwing this issue". I appreciate that running a poker site/server/software service is no easy task but when problems arise, it should NOT affect the customers' bank balance - we are perfectly capable of losing our own money!
    :)
  • Options
    indy147indy147 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2009
    Was Playing in the 11.30pm £400 bounty hunter on 24th Oct, site crashed at 1.05am with only 18 entrants left, could not log back into site, but the game was still playing and was eventually blinded out in 12th as was everybody else eventually. live chat was inundated but were told to come back when site was back up and running. Tried for an explanation from customer services this morning, was told on 3 occassions that the poker team were reviewing it and to try back in an hour, eventually gave up as had to keep explaining the issue to different customer service people. A little frustrated as their has been no explanation and no apology.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Things seem OK at the moment.

I suspect that it was related to the clocks going back 1 hour at 2am.  The system operators know this is going occur so they should test it and plan the change properly.  The problems we encountered last night were probably down to sloppy site administration.

I was even prevented from posting in the forums last night after starting this discussion.
  • Options
    FishingPhiFishingPhi Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2009
    Yes, site is ok NOW...but what happens with customers who actually lost money because of this error?

EDIT:
    Contacted support and have been refunded my buy-in. They also confirmed that it was an issue with the clocks changing. Have they never heard of NTP synchronisation?!
  • Options
    QUEEN_KINGQUEEN_KING Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Keep getting logged out of the site.:
    I keep getting logged out of the site every 30 secs or so.  Get the message "Unfortunately your login has expired due to a period of inactivity.  Please login again with your UserID and Pin.".  I've tried restarting my browser and deleting the cache etc, but can't stay logged in or lauch a table.  I've had to type this whilst logged out then login just before I click send. Oh well, time for bed...
    Posted by BeastieBoy
    this used to happen to me all the time, first they told me to go to Modzilla instead of internet explorer, then they said because i was using a mobile internet connection rather than a static connection caused the problem.
    I switched to the static broadband and it hasn't happened since (touch wood) 
    Maybe you could try either of these solutions, but I do agree it is incredibly annoying as it always seemed to happen on big hands.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Keep getting logged out of the site.:
    EDIT: Contacted support and have been refunded my buy-in. They also confirmed that it was an issue with the clocks changing. Have they never heard of NTP synchronisation?!
    Posted by FishingPhi
    Well done getting your buy-in refunded.  I didn't lose money due to the problem as I was playing cash at the time and I quit a table as I wanted to move to another table.  Once I quit the table I was not able to stay logged in long enough to join another.

GEEK NOTE: I doubt NTP would've helped here.  It seems to me that the problem was that the site software could not cope with the time going back 1 hour 'on the fly'.  IMO they should've prevented the automatic time change from occuring at 2am and then schedule an outage at a time when the site is not very busy, preventing users from logging in, then manually manage the time change.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Keep getting logged out of the site. : this used to happen to me all the time, first they told me to go to Modzilla instead of internet explorer, then they said because i was using a mobile internet connection rather than a static connection caused the problem. I switched to the static broadband and it hasn't happened since (touch wood)  Maybe you could try either of these solutions, but I do agree it is incredibly annoying as it always seemed to happen on big hands.
    Posted by QUEEN_KING
    It seems on this occasion the problem was caused by the time change that occured at 2am.  Too many users were affected for it to be a problem with the users systems.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    hey guys,

i'm really sorry some of you experienced problems with the site last night. if you feel you lost out please contact customer care who will investigate each reported case.

thanks again for your patience during what must have been a frustrating time.

Rich
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited October 2009
    Hi Rich , don't really know where to post this , sorry . A few months ago , i down loaded the new firefox . Since then i cannot log onto skypoker . I now  use explorer. For some reason ,when i type in my user code and pin with firefox it always rejects it.I'm sure its something simple but cannot figure it out . Can you advise pls. pillow.
  • Options
    Sky_Mod6Sky_Mod6 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    Hi pillowman,

If you go to history, and internet options, you will need to delete your temporary internet files and cookies as we have had an update on the site and you pc will have stored the old profile. If you delete these and try running fire fox you should be able to log in and use that browser in future,

hope this helps

rich
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi pillowman, If you go to history, and internet options, you will need to delete your temporary internet files and cookies as we have had an update on the site and you pc will have stored the old profile. If you delete these and try running fire fox you should be able to log in and use that browser in future, hope this helps rich
    Posted by Sky_Mod6
    Hi rich , went through the windows start page to find them .On explorer they are under tools .However , it did not do the trick . Still cannot log in . Have you or some one else got another idea i could try .TY.
  • Options
    Sky_Mod6Sky_Mod6 Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2009
    If you could access the internet using firefox, then hold down ctrl, shift and delete, you should get a pop up box come up where you have the option to clear private data. Try clearing the data and try log into our site.
    Failing that i could only suggest downloading firefox again as there may have been a software update and you may have an older version saved on your pc.

hope this helps

rich
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hi Rich , thanks for your help . It seems that with the new firefox , you can no longer clear private data !!! Many are annoyed about this and are switching back to the older version . Will have to figure out how to do the same .
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    hi pillowman--try launching firefox on its own ---tools----clear recent history----you should then get the box that says clear everything and a warning that this cannot be undone---launch a cash game before you enter a tourney,just to load the table and test it out--hope this helps ---good luck mate
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks nutter , that feature doesnt work with the new firefox . Cheers for posting m8.