You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!

BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
edited August 2009 in Community Suggestions
OK SO NO ONE WANTS TO FEEL THEY ARE INFERIOR, BUT LETS FACE IT WE CANT ALL BE THE NEXT WSOP SUPERSTAR, THERE ARE MANY PLAYERS ON SKY WHO'S DEPOSIT RATE PER ANUM IS LESS THAN THE BIG HITTERS PLAY PER WEEK, SO HOW A BOUT A SYSTEM SIMILAR TO POKERSTARS WHERE YOU ARE GRADED IN STAR RANKING TO DISTINGUISH YOUR PLAYER LEVEL. THIS COULD BE DONE BY SPLITTING THE CURRENT LEAGUE INTO THREE DIVISIONS WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT ALL PLAYERS WOULD GET A SHOT AT A DIVISION  TOURNAMENT AT THE END OF EACH WEEK / MONTH. AND MIGHT ENCOURAGE A FAIRER GAME, WHILST ALLOWING PLAYERS TO DEVELOP WITHOUT THE USUAL BASHING BY THE MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS , THE OPEN IS JUST THAT OPEN TO ALL BUT DIVISIONAL LEAGUES WITH THIER OWN PROMOTION / DEMOTION DEPENDING ON RESULT COULD BE A GOOD THING

Comments

• Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited June 2009
    I have to say, i love this idea.

My bankroll means i will never even take an interest in the league let alone do any good in it.

it would be nice to have something else to aim for.

I hope this gets looked into by sky.

Good post Bandicoot.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE:
    I have to say, i love this idea. My bankroll means i will never even take an interest in the league let alone do any good in it. it would be nice to have something else to aim for. I hope this gets looked into by sky. Good post Bandicoot.
    Posted by mike1975
    thanks for taking the trouble to post in favour Mike, nice to see somone has read my post who actually agrees.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Great Idea
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Great Idea
    Posted by Grimstar30
    hi grimstar, thanks for posting a reply in agreement.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,051
    edited June 2009

I like this idea, too.

For too long, those who play at smaller (affordable) Levels, throughout poker, though more in Live play than Online, are discriminated against, everything is geared for the "Big Boys". To be fair to Sky Poker, they do concentrate very much on the lower limit recreational players, which gives me much satisfaction.

We should all be able to have our moment in the sun, no matter what Level we play at.

I will add my shoulder to the wheel, & let the Suits know about this great idea.
  • Options
    bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited June 2009
    Great idea Bandicoot!
  • Options
    EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
    edited June 2009
    i actually spoke to the marketing team a few months back with something very similar, but still no reply, i would'nt hold ur breath
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i actually spoke to the marketing team a few months back with something very similar, but still no reply, i would'nt hold ur breath
    Posted by EDKENT123
    thanks for the post EDkent123, At least it shows there area few like minded players here with similar views
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I like this idea, too. For too long, those who play at smaller (affordable) Levels, throughout poker, though more in Live play than Online, are discriminated against, everything is geared for the "Big Boys". To be fair to Sky Poker, they do concentrate very much on the lower limit recreational players, which gives me much satisfaction. We should all be able to have our moment in the sun, no matter what Level we play at. I will add my shoulder to the wheel, & let the Suits know about this great idea.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the post Tikay, nice to see a SKY POKER point of view on this subject, it would be good to see a league that can cater for all players, as you are aware the present  system rewards the players who deposit the most, the same goes for the latest deposit rake back most of us dont even get near a 1000 points a month let alone go over, so having a small league option that will give the recreational players or small depositors a chance for some return would be great. the top prizes could even be given as entry to 500 or primo style tourneys that most of us would not be able to get a shot at due to buy in stakes, and the free ticket would relieve the pressure of the scared dollar buy in

• Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2009
    Hi, I like this idea too. Even though Sky does a lot for the "little leaguers" it's always the same people who are in the League Final and nobody else seems to get a look in! To have any chance in the league you have to play a huge amount and/or have a big bank roll. Most players either don't have the bank roll or simply don't have the time to get anywhere near. I play maybe three or four nights a week and don't have much of a bank roll.
    Just a suggestion, maybe there could be a "tournament winners game" where if you win selected tournamants covering a range of buy-ins, including some free rolls, you gain entry into a final similar to the League Final. It gives everybody a chance of "stardom" then, not just the chosen few. Even better would be if the entry games were randomly selected and you didn't know that it was an entry tournament until it actually started! Just a thought....!
  • Options
    _The_Boat__The_Boat_ Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2009

Ive got to say this is a brilliant idea i am a new player i think i could give the leagues a good battle but havent got the bankroll to challenge the bigger players like gerrard9 and anjie1970 etc etc.
    If we could have these lower league tourneys like every week then do a big one at the end of the month with like the top5 from each category going into the mixed one then we could really see how we play against the bigboys.

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Hi, I like this idea too. Even though Sky does a lot for the "little leaguers" it's always the same people who are in the League Final and nobody else seems to get a look in! To have any chance in the league you have to play a huge amount and/or have a big bank roll. Most players either don't have the bank roll or simply don't have the time to get anywhere near. I play maybe three or four nights a week and don't have much of a bank roll. Just a suggestion, maybe there could be a "tournament winners game" where if you win selected tournamants covering a range of buy-ins, including some free rolls, you gain entry into a final similar to the League Final. It gives everybody a chance of "stardom" then, not just the chosen few. Even better would be if the entry games were randomly selected and you didn't know that it was an entry tournament until it actually started! Just a thought....!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Thanks Diggerman, some great suggestions in your post, hope someone reads these !
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ive got to say this is a brilliant idea i am a new player i think i could give the leagues a good battle but havent got the bankroll to challenge the bigger players like gerrard9 and anjie1970 etc etc. If we could have these lower league tourneys like every week then do a big one at the end of the month with like the top5 from each category going into the mixed one then we could really see how we play against the bigboys.
    Posted by _The_Boat_
    Hi Boat, thanks for the post, you are right in your views here, the players who deposit more or can buy in at the highest levels get all the rewards - the more you pay the more points you get back.
  • Options
    F-B-IF-B-I Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
     I TOTALLY AGREE ,   PERHAPS THE TOP TEN OF THE LOWER LEAGUES COULD BE GIVEN ENTRY INTO THE  SAT OR SUN OPEN, AS A REWARD, WHICH IF THEY DID WELL COULD THEN GIVE THEM THE BANKROLL TO MOVE UP A NOTCH OR TWO  WHICH WOULD THEN FEED BACK INTO THE SYSTEM ? JUST AN IDEA
  • Options
    F-B-IF-B-I Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
      I ALSO THINK THAT THE POINTS AWARDED TO THE SMALLER GAMES , IS FAR LESS THAN THE THE BIG MONEY GAMES MAKING IT THAT MUCH HARDER TO MOVE UP THE LEAGUE, IE IE THREE  50P GAME WINS IS ABOUT THE SAME POINT VALUE AS A £5 OR £10 GAME WIN, PERHAPS THE POINTS PER WIN SHOULD BE THE SAME NO MATTER THE COST OF ENTRY..
  • Options
    FBSFBS Member Posts: 131
    edited July 2009
    Great idea.... playing at low levels ( less than £5 buy in ) I'm never going to get many points but having leagues at differant buy in levels would be fantastic
  • Options
    stuc76stuc76 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2009
    totally agree with you maybe sky poker will take notice we are in a credit crunch not everybody can spend mega bucks
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,051
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE : thanks for the post Tikay, nice to see a SKY POKER point of view on this subject, it would be good to see a league that can cater for all players, as you are aware the present  system rewards the players who deposit the most, the same goes for the latest deposit rake back most of us dont even get near a 1000 points a month let alone go over, so having a small league option that will give the recreational players or small depositors a chance for some return would be great. the top prizes could even be given as entry to 500 or primo style tourneys that most of us would not be able to get a shot at due to buy in stakes, and the free ticket would relieve the pressure of the scared dollar buy in  
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Thanks BANDI,

I must stress, all my comments on here are my personal views, & I am not a spokesman for Sky Poker. I have the same voice as everyone else, but I do know many of the Suits well, & so I will ensure they know our views - "People's Poker" is very important.

The idea, I think, is that they - Sky Poker - try to serve all of their Players, small big or medium. 

In another life, I'm Chairman of APAT, which also serves the smaller buy-iin market, & it's something I'm passionate about. Market forces will always rule, but the "regular guys" in Poker will always have my support.

To be fair, I do think Sky Poker serves the regular guys better than any other Site.
  • Options
    harvey22harvey22 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    Great idea Bandicoot, especially in this recession there are so many of us to just can't afford to stake the amounts like the big boys.
    Tikay if sky did an online survey I'm sure majority of the poker forum would like to see something like this - in fact I'm sure it would gain extra commitment from all users accross the board to log on more often to improve league position.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!:
      I ALSO THINK THAT THE POINTS AWARDED TO THE SMALLER GAMES , IS FAR LESS THAN THE THE BIG MONEY GAMES MAKING IT THAT MUCH HARDER TO MOVE UP THE LEAGUE, IE IE THREE  50P GAME WINS IS ABOUT THE SAME POINT VALUE AS A £5 OR £10 GAME WIN, PERHAPS THE POINTS PER WIN SHOULD BE THE SAME NO MATTER THE COST OF ENTRY..
    Posted by F-B-I
    Hi F.B.I thanks for your post, and for all your good points raised, like this idea a lot.