You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!

Comments

• Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!:
    Great idea.... playing at low levels ( less than £5 buy in ) I'm never going to get many points but having leagues at differant buy in levels would be fantastic
    Posted by FBS
    Hi FBS  thanks for the post totaly agree ! , so many of us are in the same boat, playing at sub £5 buy ins
  • Options
    edited July 2009

In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE:
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE : Thanks BANDI, I must stress, all my comments on here are my personal views, & I am not a spokesman for Sky Poker. I have the same voice as everyone else, but I do know many of the Suits well, & so I will ensure they know our views - "People's Poker" is very important. The idea, I think, is that they - Sky Poker - try to serve all of their Players, small big or medium.  In another life, I'm Chairman of APAT, which also serves the smaller buy-iin market, & it's something I'm passionate about. Market forces will always rule, but the "regular guys" in Poker will always have my support. To be fair, I do think Sky Poker serves the regular guys better than any other Site.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay, Please dont get me wrong on this matter, totaly love playing on SKYPOKER and have been here for nearly two years now, and yes if im sharkscoped my ROI graph looks like an advert for a grand slalom on ski sunday.However im trying to improve my game and a little  insentive  i.e lower stake rewards would be great.
    Thanks again for your support. P.S - Thanks for the great running blog on the vegas lite which enabled us all to rail from home, many congratts to DAN on his brill performance , good luck to those in the main event and commiserations to HAYSIE but respect for him in getting there
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!:
    Great idea Bandicoot, especially in this recession there are so many of us to just can't afford to stake the amounts like the big boys. Tikay if sky did an online survey I'm sure majority of the poker forum would like to see something like this - in fact I'm sure it would gain extra commitment from all users accross the board to log on more often to improve league position.
    Posted by harvey22
    HI Harvey 22 thanks for your post and your support
  • Options
    tiggerace7tiggerace7 Member Posts: 93
    edited July 2009
    Hi Everyone,

My thought on the league are a little confused for this reason:-

If you are playing in a £10 Freezeout which often have only one to four players in them the points system is mad.

My example would be this:-

3 players buy in equal £30

Tourny only pays out the winner of £30

Winner gets 30 points
    2nd     gets 26 points
    3rd      gets 18 points

I think i have that correct.  

This to me means that league points are not totally reflextive of a players ability.

I would certainly respect TiKay's view on the above.

Tiggerace7

• Options
    Nikos5-2Nikos5-2 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2009
    bring on the new divisions :) iv not long started taking my poker seriously but find it hard to build up a bankroll...so playing in a division with people of a similar calibre would let you not only realize what level you are currently playing at, but will help you avoid a tonking from the online nosebleeders x
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited July 2009
    The league is not a measure of skill but just how much you rake. They should just either award the prizes to play only below 0.25/.50 or increase the prize pool to encourage more competitiveness. i doubt anyone playing above .5/1 really cares about the league, yet they are the people winning it every month.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited July 2009
    That is a good point Offshoot.

When I played lower/recreationally, and if I had qualified for the leage £500 weekly FR, I would always participate.

Now I am a more volume player it really isn't worth the time when the top prize is 1 BI at 100nl.

I think you should scrap the £500 weekly FR and put this prize money towards this new little league system, although I have no idea how it would be implemented as you can't just tell Sky Poker players not to go above 20nl or whatever.
  • Options
    dirtycid20dirtycid20 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    In Response to SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!:
    OK SO NO ONE WANTS TO FEEL THEY ARE INFERIOR, BUT LETS FACE IT WE CANT ALL BE THE NEXT WSOP SUPERSTAR, THERE ARE MANY PLAYERS ON SKY WHO'S DEPOSIT RATE PER ANUM IS LESS THAN THE BIG HITTERS PLAY PER WEEK, SO HOW A BOUT A SYSTEM SIMILAR TO POKERSTARS WHERE YOU ARE GRADED IN STAR RANKING TO DISTINGUISH YOUR PLAYER LEVEL. THIS COULD BE DONE BY SPLITTING THE CURRENT LEAGUE INTO THREE DIVISIONS WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT ALL PLAYERS WOULD GET A SHOT AT A DIVISION  TOURNAMENT AT THE END OF EACH WEEK / MONTH. AND MIGHT ENCOURAGE A FAIRER GAME, WHILST ALLOWING PLAYERS TO DEVELOP WITHOUT THE USUAL BASHING BY THE MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS , THE OPEN IS JUST THAT OPEN TO ALL BUT DIVISIONAL LEAGUES WITH THIER OWN PROMOTION / DEMOTION DEPENDING ON RESULT COULD BE A GOOD THING
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    great idea, instead of the top 150 in the league maybe one should be done for the bottom 150etc and maybe something like a weekly draw people could enter and the top 10 get a go at the big boys in the primo, open etc. The only way to improve your poker is to play with people on a higher level but most don't have the bankroll for this.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    just like to say thanks to all the like minded people who have been posting on this thread to show their support, if you have read these you will see that TIKAY has given his support to the idea, lets hope that SKYPOKER can implement something along the suggested lines - thanks
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited July 2009
    very  good  idea bandicoot   give  the  players  with  not  has high  bankrolls  to  play     may  be they could  have  a  top   middle  and   low  structure
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    very  good  idea bandicoot   give  the  players  with  not  has high  bankrolls  to  play     may  be they could  have  a  top   middle  and   low  structure
    Posted by scrumdown
    Hi scrumdown, thanks for posting your thoughts on this thread, nice to see its still being read.
  • Options
    harvey22harvey22 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    What on earth has happened? Sky has made the freerolls big buck players only.

I thought sky were starting to look out for the little guy and maybe increase the pot on the regular free rolls. Instead they increase the pot, but make the freerolls 50 points buy in (100 on wednesday). Judging on how hard it is for the little guys like us to rake in the points, that means we aren't benefiting from the new system, as we won't be able to accumalate enough points to play in the freerolls.
    Freerolls on most other sites are designed to help the smaller player - like build experience, and maybe earn some extra along the way.

The extra money is good, but maybe make them 20 point buy in, something achievable for people like us to work towards.

Is there any more news on the little league also?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What on earth has happened? Sky has made the freerolls big buck players only. I thought sky were starting to look out for the little guy and maybe increase the pot on the regular free rolls. Instead they increase the pot, but make the freerolls 50 points buy in (100 on wednesday). Judging on how hard it is for the little guys like us to rake in the points, that means we aren't benefiting from the new system, as we won't be able to accumalate enough points to play in the freerolls. Freerolls on most other sites are designed to help the smaller player - like build experience, and maybe earn some extra along the way. The extra money is good, but maybe make them 20 point buy in, something achievable for people like us to work towards. Is there any more news on the little league also?
    Posted by harvey22
    Thanks again Harvey, you are so right about the new freeroll structure , the only people who benefit are those with so many points they dont know what to do with them, and of course the new players on sky who come in witha free 500 point hand out (which if course we all benefitted from when we started here) but when those have run out it will be the big depositors who are benefitting , and lets face it do they really want to spend two tho three hours on a free roll when they could be playing the £22 deepstack...
    As for the question of the little league ... well it has been mentioned that it is being looked into but we can only wait and see, as you can see there arent that many players in our position who are willing to voice their opinion but keep your fingers crossed - chees john
  • Options
    harvey22harvey22 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!! : Thanks again Harvey, you are so right about the new freeroll structure , the only people who benefit are those with so many points they dont know what to do with them, and of course the new players on sky who come in witha free 500 point hand out (which if course we all benefitted from when we started here) but when those have run out it will be the big depositors who are benefitting , and lets face it do they really want to spend two tho three hours on a free roll when they could be playing the £22 deepstack... As for the question of the little league ... well it has been mentioned that it is being looked into but we can only wait and see, as you can see there arent that many players in our position who are willing to voice their opinion but keep your fingers crossed - chees john
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    Thanks for the reply Bandicoot.

Having been on the "should there be more freerolls" forum, I have found that the bigger players feel us small guys are trying to get a free ride.

Therefore I have had the idea that sky should put up a smaller freeroll for us - 30 points entry, but prizes start from 10th so it feels like we're not winning peanuts.
    For the bigger players have bigger freerolls 500 point entry for £1000 prize pool. That way everybody feels like their getting something back.

All us little guys need now is the start of our little league, please show your support and I'm sure sky will listen.
  • Options
    PurfecttigPurfecttig Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2009
    Big thumbs up, cracking idea.  Certainly got my support guys.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Big thumbs up, cracking idea.  Certainly got my support guys.
    Posted by Purfecttig
    hi Purfecttig, thanks for the post the more people that voice their opinion the more chance we have that something will get done.... john
  • Options
    scaff2009scaff2009 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    In Response to SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE - LOW DEPOSIT / RECREATIONAL PLAYERS READ ON!!:
    OK SO NO ONE WANTS TO FEEL THEY ARE INFERIOR, BUT LETS FACE IT WE CANT ALL BE THE NEXT WSOP SUPERSTAR, THERE ARE MANY PLAYERS ON SKY WHO'S DEPOSIT RATE PER ANUM IS LESS THAN THE BIG HITTERS PLAY PER WEEK, SO HOW A BOUT A SYSTEM SIMILAR TO POKERSTARS WHERE YOU ARE GRADED IN STAR RANKING TO DISTINGUISH YOUR PLAYER LEVEL. THIS COULD BE DONE BY SPLITTING THE CURRENT LEAGUE INTO THREE DIVISIONS WHICH WOULD MEAN THAT ALL PLAYERS WOULD GET A SHOT AT A DIVISION  TOURNAMENT AT THE END OF EACH WEEK / MONTH. AND MIGHT ENCOURAGE A FAIRER GAME, WHILST ALLOWING PLAYERS TO DEVELOP WITHOUT THE USUAL BASHING BY THE MORE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS , THE OPEN IS JUST THAT OPEN TO ALL BUT DIVISIONAL LEAGUES WITH THIER OWN PROMOTION / DEMOTION DEPENDING ON RESULT COULD BE A GOOD THING
    Posted by BANDICOOT

Imust say i like this idea and agree i am in the poker league but will never be up there with the realy big hiters why not have a structure same as in football were there are dif leages 4 the big clubs and then work your way up nice one bandiecoot
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,535
    edited July 2009

Hi Guys   bandicoot great idea but think your gonna need a bigger boat.  lol. good luck m8 have my support.

• Options
    edited July 2009

HI and thanks SCAFF & GOLDON for posting your thoughts and showing your support, its nice to see this thread is still being read and posted on, the more the merrier as they say, perhaps someone from SKYPOKER management would like to comment on this idea ....

until then if you are reading this for the first time and agree then dont be shy ..... voice your opinion,

thanks BANDICOOT

• Options
    fingers615fingers615 Member Posts: 154
    edited July 2009
    only just read this thread. sounds like a great idea bandicoot. keep up the good work and im sure sky will listen