You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tikay, check this out

LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Idk what the rules are here with regarding then mentioning of your previous poker show, but since the entire channel is dead now i presume its cool.

Anyway, the lovely kara scott (one of the c-hosts from PNL), Is doing big things and is strongly tipped to be the new co-host of high stakes poker.

Thought you might want to know : )

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited October 2009

Thanks Lady Fingers.

I don't expect you saw it, but I wrote a lengthy artice about Kara recently, elsewhere, & my admiration for her knows no bounds.

Kara, an ex Kick-Boxer of all things, did bits & pieces of TV work prior to Poker Night Live. (PNL)

When she joined PNL, her knowledge of poker was zilch nadda nought, but she wanted to learn, & learn she did. Matt Broughton, & to a larger extent, Nick Wealthall, coached & mentored her, & believe me, she's some bright Lady. Ally that to determination, energy, enthusiasm, & her insistence on researching her work properly before every gig, meant she was always destined for bigger things.

The main PNL Presenters were Kara, Michelle, Matt, Nick, Dr Tom, Casper, James, & myself. There was another rather odd guy, Axeman, who went on the PNL Forum & propogated the view that Poker was not a suitable medium for female Presenters. Poor Axeman slightly misjudged that one......

PNL eventually folded, for the oddest of reasons. The Show was very popular, but they allowed their Forum to be spammed by an Affiliate for another room, & from having 200 o0r 300 runners for their nightly Tournie, the numbers gradually dropped to less than two Tables some nights.

They dropped me off the Rota because I asked them for permission to attend an interview with Sky Poker, as a Consultant, but 6 months later, they invited me back, & I returned to the Show, working with Kara. The Channel folded the very next week, oops.

More.....
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    ''I returned to the Show, working with Kara. The Channel folded the very next week, oops.''

No comment!

I played quite a few mtt's with Axeman in another place a few years ago............No comment!
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    Poisoned from the inside???
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Kara soon turned up at Sky Poker, of course. Part of my early remit at Sky Poker was to identify suitable Presenters for the Channel which was due to start soon, & naturally, Kara was at the top of my list. In fact, most of the PNL Presenters were on that list, because they were all very good.

Lyndsey Horne never made the switch, but she went on to forge a great career in Radio, & she's now married to a rock bloke chappie, from TopLoader (BackLoader, Frontloader, BottomLoader?).

Matt, of course, was the "Club" man, & Nick, Casper, Dr Tom, James, & Michelle all came across, as well as Kara.

Kara was approached by 'Stars, & she was an instsnt success, both on & off the Table, running deep in the 2008 WSOP, & later cashing huge in the Irish Open.

But she remained hungry to do better, & recently has been TV Hosting Matchroom stuff. She also got the gig as Hostess for the ESPN production of the WSOP-E, last month, in London. It was immediately after that when I forecast, to much derision amongst learned pokerists, that Kara would soon be hosting the big American TV Shows. And she will. She now lives in California, of course, with Brian Townsend, he of CardRunners fame.

An amazing young Lady, who has worked so hard for her success that nobody could begrudge it. She will go a lot further, too, way beyond & above the realms of TV Poker.

As you may be able to tell, I consider it an honour &  privelege to have worked with her, & we continue to have a lovely friendship. May it always be so.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out:
    ''I returned to the Show, working with Kara. The Channel folded the very next week, oops.'' No comment! I played quite a few mtt's with Axeman in another place a few years ago............No comment!
    Posted by elsadog
    I seem to make a habit of helping close down Poker TV Channels. I was with Poker 425 when that closed.

Poker 425 was recorded in Wapping, PNL in the City, but a deal was done for both Shows to share the same Studio in Wapping. What a result that was, for me.

I got an early train from Derby every Wednesday, recorded Poker 425 in the afternoon, had a kip, then did PNL in the Evening, without ever leaving the building. Two fees, two jobs, one set of exs, all in a day. Happy Days.

Within weeks, however, Poker 425 shut down, so it was back to one show, until Sky Poker approached me. PNL then dumped me, asked me back 6 months later, then closed down!

As to Mr Axe, well, let's say he was "minted"......Briefly.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    Sigh, I really miss Kara - sigh.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Poisoned from the inside???
    Posted by Hale72
    Are you referring to the means by which PNL's demise came about?

Quite a story, that, though I'd have to omit some names if I told it!

Please confirm, & I'll comment, though it'll be tomorrow now, as I'm due in the Studio in 5 minutes.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    Break a leg
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited October 2009
    I used to love PNL and its nightly format - hour sng, hour cash, hour final table from the night's mtt.  As Tikay said, all the presenters and analysts were fab and I attribute a great deal of my learning to ALL of them (Tikay incuded - begrudgingly).   Kara even eliminated me from a live event in London once  - although that did get me a kiss as I left the table ;))

Kara was a complete newbie (as was Michelle I believe) and they were the Orford's of all jokes.  It is great testament to them that they were able to continue when Sky Poker started and both go on to massive presenting jobs.  I highly recommend that anytime Matt, Nick, Tikay, Mark or any of the other analysts speak about poker that everyone listens as they do actually know what they're talking about!!!

ps Tikay - is Casper coming back anytime soon as he was a great analyst.
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited October 2009
    Kara rocks and I think we all still miss Michelle
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited October 2009
    I'd just like to add to this that as well as being an extremely professional and successful  presenter, and a prolific poker  player, Kara Scott is also one of the sweetest, funniest and most genuine people I have had the pleasure of calling my friend.

In this industry, especially as a woman..There is a lot of competition and occasionally jealousy.

I've never been interested in working that way and Kara continues to be the first person to put me forward for any work that she herself is unable to do. That is virtually unheard of and speaks volumes about the kind of warm and generous person she is.

So as Tikay says, an amazing woman who deserves every ounce of happiness and success she's worked so hard for.

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out : Are you referring to the means by which PNL's demise came about? Quite a story, that, though I'd have to omit some names if I told it! Please confirm, & I'll comment, though it'll be tomorrow now, as I'm due in the Studio in 5 minutes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    No Tikay, just messin about.

However, if you did find an hour to tell us, it does sound interesting.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited October 2009
    CAUGHT THE END OF THE BOUNTY HUNTER SHOW LAST NIGHT AT ABOUT 10PM. WERE THE PRODUCTION TEAM WINDING THE FEMALE PRESENTER(SORRY DONT KNOW HER NAME) UP AS THE POOR WOMAN KEPT HAVING TO COMMENT ON HOW MANY HEAD,ANOUTHER GREAT HEAD,LUCKY TO GET THAT HEAD ,THAT THE CHIPLEADER HAD APARANTLY 22  A RECORD FOR HEAD IN ONE NIGHT. IM SURE I COULD HEAR THE SCHOOL BOY SNIGGERS IN THE BACKGROUND.COME ON CHAPS LET THE POOR LASS SAY BOUNTY ALTHOUGH IT WAS QUITE FUNNY LOL
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out : Are you referring to the means by which PNL's demise came about? Quite a story, that, though I'd have to omit some names if I told it! Please confirm, & I'll comment, though it'll be tomorrow now, as I'm due in the Studio in 5 minutes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sounds interesting, let us in on the info tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    CAUGHT THE END OF THE BOUNTY HUNTER SHOW LAST NIGHT AT ABOUT 10PM. WERE THE PRODUCTION TEAM WINDING THE FEMALE PRESENTER(SORRY DONT KNOW HER NAME) UP AS THE POOR WOMAN KEPT HAVING TO COMMENT ON HOW MANY HEAD,ANOUTHER GREAT HEAD,LUCKY TO GET THAT HEAD ,THAT THE CHIPLEADER HAD APARANTLY 22  A RECORD FOR HEAD IN ONE NIGHT. IM SURE I COULD HEAR THE SCHOOL BOY SNIGGERS IN THE BACKGROUND.COME ON CHAPS LET THE POOR LASS SAY BOUNTY ALTHOUGH IT WAS QUITE FUNNY LOL
    Posted by BADBOY985
    It was not a Show I was on, so Not Guilty M'Lord!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'd just like to add to this that as well as being an extremely professional and successful  presenter, and a prolific poker  player, Kara Scott is also one of the sweetest, funniest and most genuine people I have had the pleasure of calling my friend. In this industry, especially as a woman..There is a lot of competition and occasionally jealousy. I've never been interested in working that way and Kara continues to be the first person to put me forward for any work that she herself is unable to do. That is virtually unheard of and speaks volumes about the kind of warm and generous person she is. So as Tikay says, an amazing woman who deserves every ounce of happiness and success she's worked so hard for.
    Posted by LML
    This.

She does not have an enemy on earth, one of those rare individuals who is liked, & respected, by everyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I used to love PNL and its nightly format - hour sng, hour cash, hour final table from the night's mtt.  As Tikay said, all the presenters and analysts were fab and I attribute a great deal of my learning to ALL of them (Tikay incuded - begrudgingly).   Kara even eliminated me from a live event in London once  - although that did get me a kiss as I left the table ;)) Kara was a complete newbie (as was Michelle I believe) and they were the Orford's of all jokes.  It is great testament to them that they were able to continue when Sky Poker started and both go on to massive presenting jobs.  I highly recommend that anytime Matt, Nick, Tikay, Mark or any of the other analysts speak about poker that everyone listens as they do actually know what they're talking about!!! ps Tikay - is Casper coming back anytime soon as he was a great analyst.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Was, & is, buty I'm not aware if he will be coming back any time soon. He does Management Consulting stuff, Personal Development like, & I believe he is very successful at it.

Sadly, he lives in Ipswich, of all places. I was the RC Contractor for a wonderful new Bridge there, many moons ago, over the Orwell. Stunning bridge, but it had the most complex set of construction drawings I've ever seen in my life - I could not even tell if I was reading them upside down sometimes. Mamby-pampy artichokes, see? 
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out : I seem to make a habit of helping close down Poker TV Channels. I was with Poker 425 when that closed. Poker 425 was recorded in Wapping, PNL in the City, but a deal was done for both Shows to share the same Studio in Wapping. What a result that was, for me. I got an early train from Derby every Wednesday, recorded Poker 425 in the afternoon, had a kip, then did PNL in the Evening, without ever leaving the building. Two fees, two jobs, one set of exs, all in a day. Happy Days. Within weeks, however, Poker 425 shut down, so it was back to one show, until Sky Poker approached me. PNL then dumped me, asked me back 6 months later, then closed down! As to Mr Axe, well, let's say he was "minted"......Briefly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You'd make a great MP then tikay lol. ps do you want your moat cleaned?
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out : I seem to make a habit of helping close down Poker TV Channels. I was with Poker 425 when that closed. Poker 425 was recorded in Wapping, PNL in the City, but a deal was done for both Shows to share the same Studio in Wapping. What a result that was, for me. I got an early train from Derby every Wednesday, recorded Poker 425 in the afternoon, had a kip, then did PNL in the Evening, without ever leaving the building. Two fees, two jobs, one set of exs, all in a day. Happy Days. Within weeks, however, Poker 425 shut down, so it was back to one show, until Sky Poker approached me. PNL then dumped me, asked me back 6 months later, then closed down! As to Mr Axe, well, let's say he was "minted"......Briefly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi

Thought he might av got the chop sigh, yes, poor :)
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited October 2009
    Kara was greatly missed by all the community when she left.