You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tikay, check this out

Comments

• Options
    maccolmaccol Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2009
    As I recall Michelle Orpe in particular was given a horrendous time when she joined PNL.
    This abuse came from quite a few quarters,but the most vociferous was indeed "The Axeman"aka Greg Winters (ex-rocker)
    It is to Michelles eternal credit and a testament to her professionalism that she shrugged all of it off and worked hard on her poker and presenting skills to become the success she is today.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited October 2009
    np tikay, I was wondering if you may engage me in a little confirm/deny now that our beloved PNL cast of misfits are no more.

For a brief while when nick persaud was presenting, they were running a $25/$50 on the gutshot skin, but the players played like ridiculously lag (50/40 etc) and going retarded spew on like really wet boards with air. There was alot of speculation the gutshot gave them money to mess around with, then got it back, so it was like play money effectively.

Confirm or deny?
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out:
    np tikay, I was wondering if you may engage me in a little confirm/deny now that our beloved PNL cast of misfits are no more. For a brief while when nick persaud was presenting, they were running a $25/$50 on the gutshot skin, but the players played like ridiculously lag (50/40 etc) and going retarded spew on like really wet boards with air. There was alot of speculation the gutshot gave them money to mess around with, then got it back, so it was like play money effectively. Confirm or deny?
    Posted by LadyFingrs

We'd better wire him up for this one.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited October 2009
    np tikay, I was wondering if you may engage me in a little confirm/deny now that our beloved PNL cast of misfits are no more. For a brief while when nick persaud was presenting, they were running a $25/$50 on the gutshot skin, but the players played like ridiculously lag (50/40 etc) and going retarded spew on like really wet boards with air. There was alot of speculation the gutshot gave them money to mess around with, then got it back, so it was like play money effectively. Confirm or deny?
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    Wow, what a perceptive & insightful question!

It's late, I'm very tired, & I need to word my reply "just so", so I'll answer that - such as I'm able - tomorrow. ;)

I need to cogitate on how best to reply to that......

Wowzer, thats a corker of a question!

May I ask - do you & I know each other?
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited October 2009
    She also had an amazing run in this years WSOP Main Event.

I fondly remember watching Kara doing a great job presenting on Now is the Night of Combat back in 2003.  So did Tasmin Lucia Khan and she's gone on to have a great presenting career also - but I digress!
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited October 2009
    get a room tikay!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay, check this out : Wow, what a perceptive & insightful question! It's late, I'm very tired, & I need to word my reply "just so", so I'll answer that - such as I'm able - tomorrow. ;) I need to cogitate on how best to reply to that...... Wowzer, thats a corker of a question! May I ask - do you & I know each other?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not in real life no but I played a few times on PNL and posted on the forums a little bit.

I await your response with baited breath :P
  • Options
    edited October 2009

There are several Posts on this Thread which I intend to reply to, but it looks like it will be tomorrow now, as we have a rehearsal, & a 4 Hour Live Show tonight, & I've been a bit waylaid today.

I've loved this thread, as it's evoked such an array of memories - good & bad. Now you've started me off, I need to blather on for a while yet.

Kara saw the Thread., by the way, & is very touched by all the nice comments. One day we will all say "I knew her before she was a superstar on American TV". And quite soon, too.

So, I'll return to Royal Flush, M3Boy, Axeman, Nik Persaud, PNL, et al.

I shall, of course, choose my words with some care & discretion. ;)
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2009
    Wow  this thread ..   I love it  :))  It more like "Midsummer Murders and "Pink Panther"  with Murder on the 'Orient Express ...all  rolled into one !!  and..........It's serialized ...love  it !!

TK you must be  Inspector Clueso ?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8gAutCO_E

Ladyfingers ..  gg   nh  wp   :))
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    There are several Posts on this Thread which I intend to reply to, but it looks like it will be tomorrow now, as we have a rehearsal, & a 4 Hour Live Show tonight, & I've been a bit waylaid today. I've loved this thread, as it's evoked such an array of memories - good & bad. Now you've started me off, I need to blather on for a while yet. Kara saw the Thread., by the way, & is very touched by all the nice comments. One day we will all say "I knew her before she was a superstar on American TV". And quite soon, too. So, I'll return to Royal Flush, M3Boy, Axeman, Nik Persaud, PNL, et al. I shall, of course, choose my words with some care & discretion. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Also, you might like to know, after PNL fizzled out I played quite a bit with JohnBoyRebel (both played $100-$200 HU SnG's on another poker site that I prob shouldn't name), and, though he was a huge donator in the .25/.50 game, he was just blowing off steam, and was actually a reg at nosebleed limit hold'em games.

JBR......limit........does not compute
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited November 2009
    I see Kara has been officially announced and the co presenter on High Stakes Poker!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I see Kara has been officially announced and the co presenter on High Stakes Poker!
    Posted by Machka
    Yes, as expected.

And thank you for finding this thread for me - it has some unanswered qustions on it, & I will deal with them tomorrow.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Bump*

Just bumping this up for you TK as you were going to update it today with your Royal Flush, M3Boy, Axeman, Nik Persaud, PNL answers. We await with baited breath lol
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2009
      Ditto Acesover8s : Bump..... 

But also did you happen to see the final table of Late Night Poker on chanel 4 the other night and the quick exit of that ever so pleasant Luke Schwartz in last place...marvellous!

And a reminder of gutshot "play" money to loosen the tables. 
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    lol I Have to say Luke's gobby but good, i do like some of the other forum threads that run feeds on his table chat. Some of his insults are funnay as... others are straight from the playground of a primary school lol
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2009
    Agree he's good but he needs a good slap, and you right about the playground stuff the other night on tv i swear he looked like he was about to blow rasberries and stamp his feet at the players.
  • Options
    AskiAski Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2009
    Just bringing this thread back to the front page, seeing as Tikay is around, it may serve as an aide memoir

Aski :)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Its amazing how these threads suddenly come to life once they are back on page1
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    No sure if it was ever answered, or if it was this thread, but Tikay u were gonna give us some behind scenes answers about the downfall of PNL.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I'll catch up with all the questions asap - honest guv.

I gotta do the Show Spam (for tonight) & a Free Entry Comp first though......