You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who's going to the final at Dusk Till Dawn?

Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
edited June 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Who's going to Nottingham? 
Last to post picks up the bar bill!  :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009
    I'm there - qualified through the Sunday Semi by winning at the first attempt =]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Who's going to the final at Dusk Till Dawn?:
    I'm there - qualified through the Sunday Semi by winning at the first attempt =]
    Posted by YoungUn

Great result, should be a top weekend of poker and banter.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Certainly, especially if the Swansea event is something to go by :) Looking forward to playing what will be the slowest live clock ive ever player, I'm a purist and not so fanatical of the speed or scary tournaments!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited May 2009

The SPUKT Grand Final is gonna be awesome. Be there! You guys are in for a real treat.
  • Options
    maxaDmaxaD Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2009
    It's not too far for me to travel, So i'm hoping to qualify in one of the upcoming semi's, failing that I might just pay for my seat, I really want to go for the experience, should be a good one :D
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It's not too far for me to travel, So i'm hoping to qualify in one of the upcoming semi's, failing that I might just pay for my seat, I really want to go for the experience, should be a good one :D
    Posted by maxaD
    Do it, maxaD, trust me, you won't regret it. And introduce yourself to me up there please, it'd be cool to meet you. "Not too far to travel" - where do you live, if I may ask?
  • Options
    maxaDmaxaD Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2009
    I live in between Grantham and Nottingham, But was born in Notts and have many friends in and around the area, I got to the showcase a lot and always drive past DTD, but have never been in for some strange unknown reason ? If I'm there I'll definately introduce myself, even if i'm not, i'm going to have to get myself down there more often.  Are you from the area?
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited May 2009
    I'm there.

I won't be playing in the final itself, but will instead be hosting non-stop Play the Presenter SNGs and attempting to break my own record, set in May 2009 at Leg 5, Swansea:

10 tables- no cashes.

11 tables will be tricky- but I'm up for the challenge...BRING IT ON!:sunglasses:
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm there. I won't be playing in the final itself, but will instead be hosting non-stop Play the Presenter SNGs and attempting to break my own record, set in May 2009 at Leg 5, Swansea: 10 tables- no cashes. 11 tables will be tricky- but I'm up for the challenge...BRING IT ON!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Welcome to the forums Rich.

I'm sure it's possible for you to cash in one of these - just try to avoid going all in with 4,2 where you have nothing but a backdoor draw. Or, you could always do that and like you did in Swansea hit the runner-runner straight vs top pair, that works too ;)
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Who's going to the final at Dusk Till Dawn? : Welcome to the forums Rich. I'm sure it's possible for you to cash in one of these - just try to avoid going all in with 4,2 where you have nothing but a backdoor draw. Or, you could always do that and like you did in Swansea hit the runner-runner straight vs top pair, that works too ;)
    Posted by YoungUn
    Lol- yes, I think I've found the one play in poker that even Compo would reject as too risky! 
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Who's going to the final at Dusk Till Dawn? : Lol- yes, I think I've found the one play in poker that even Compo would reject as too risky! 
    Posted by RichOrford

Now, that would be something to behold.  Compo passing a hand!

• Options
    edited May 2009
    In Response to Re: Who's going to the final at Dusk Till Dawn? : Now, that would be something to behold.  Compo passing a hand!
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Mr Compo played the £100 Bounty Tourney at Newcastle last night, as our "In-Poker" filming finished early.

Lasted nearly 4 minutes, too. Time-efficient, is Compo.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I live in between Grantham and Nottingham, But was born in Notts and have many friends in and around the area, I got to the showcase a lot and always drive past DTD, but have never been in for some strange unknown reason ? If I'm there I'll definately introduce myself, even if i'm not, i'm going to have to get myself down there more often.  Are you from the area?
    Posted by maxaD
    Well I'm not "from" that area as such, but I've lived there for some 30 years - in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, which is between Derby & Nottingham.

Many of my long-time poker friends are from that neck of the woods, too, as thats where I began playing, many moons ago - Stanleys in Derby, & Gala Notts.

The great Julian Thew - my first ever friend in poker, & we remain very close - lives in West Bridgford, & one of the UK's finest female players, Maria "Chili" Demetriou lives in Grantham. In fact, I was at her house today.

It's a rich nursery of poker talent.

You really must go to DTD soon - you won't regret it. Come to the SPUKT Grand Final, as a player OR spectator, we'll have a bunch of Side Events as well as the Biggie, so there'll be something to suit every pocket, & if you just want to Rail, & say hi to Rich, Norm, Michelle & Compo, you are more than welcome.

If you are between Nottingham & Grantham, I assume you live on or near the A52?

Good to have you here.

See you at DTD. Agreed?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Looking forward to this weekend and to keep friends and family involved with the action from Nottingham, we'll be running a live update blog from DTD.  Look out for chipcounts, pics and video interviews throughout the day.
  • Options
    4kinggud14kinggud1 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    supersmithsupersmith Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2009
    Finally made it! After lots of satelite bubbles made it on Sunday, phew! Saved the £220 quid I was going to pay anyway! Don't know why I am bothering, MickJenn1 hasnt shut up yet about how he is going to spend the money lol. He couldn't even qualify, had to fork the £220 so lets see how he does! Looking forward to it, slowish structure is great not like the open crapshoot. Not quite in walking distance, share a cab if u like TK, only at Watnall! see u there all
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You will be able to follow player progress from Nottingham on the Sky Poker Live blog, make sure you tell your friends.

Sky Poker Live
  • Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2009
    Hi guys.
               well im really looking forward to the DTD,Always nice to play a tourny with no "bingo blinds" Look forward to meeting some new poker buddies.And a chance to explain some of my plays to Richard lol.(knowing when to lay a hand down) So see you all ther saturday guys,and best of luck to all just enjoy the experience.
  • Options
    Dean90Dean90 Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2009
    I'll be there. I made it through in my first attempt back in March! Been looking forward to it since and I know i'm going to have a great time. See you all there.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited June 2009
    Not got the bankroll yet to finance the Sat's etc but will be aiming to try for 2010. Good luck to all. I will be following from the Blog.

Anyone got any favourites to be the winner?

Dave