You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sky Rich Poll

Comments

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Sky Rich Poll:
    In Response to Re: The Sky Rich Poll : without having access to Rich's job description then we can't make that judgement.... im still lolling at Barrys insistance that he and Rich are equal on here. id be offended if i was Rich tbf.
    Posted by scotty77
    i am not in the so called barry fan club ,

note my posts on here ,

but barry is from what i read on here eveyday a very very nice gentleman ,

lol far more gentle then i,

now u sir  [ scotty ]

from what i read on here it seems you like to knock barry alot on here ,

my question to you is ,

why ?

did barry in some way upset you,

or are you jealous of his popularity on here .
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    ITS BEEN A PLEASURE TO SEE BARRYS CONFIDENCE GROW ON THIS FORUM AND ALSO TO DISCOVER HIS WICKED SENSE OF HUMOUR . SCOTTY , GOTTA SAY , I THINK YOU HAVE GOT THIS ONE WRONG . IF BARRYS CONFIDENCE SLIPPED INTO ARROGANCE , THERE WOULD BE PLENTY OF POSTERS THAT WOULD GIVE HIM A GENTLE SLAP { WITH BANTER AND WORDS } . FIRSTLY , I CANT SEE THIS HAPPENING AND IF IT DID , BARRY WOULD BE THE FIRST TO HOLD HIS HANDS UP AND SAY , SORRY FOLKS , I GOT A BIT CARRIED AWAY. BARRY DOES A MARVELOUS < job > ON THE FORUM . HES SO QUICK OUT OF THE STARTING BLOCKS WHEN PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS AND DOESN'T PRETEND TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS . HE WILL GUIDE PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION OR ASK OTHERS TO ANSWER . BARRY HAS SHARED SOME OF THE DIFFICULTIES IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE AND HE HAS MY UTMOST RESPECT FOR DOING SO . SCOTTY , IM NOT IN THE ANTI - SCOTTY BRIGADE EITHER !!!! WHEN THE DOODAH WAS HITTING THE FAN A FEW MONTHS BACK , I WAS ONE WHO REPORTED A POSTER !!! SINCE THEN , YOU HAVE GIVEN ME GOOD ADVICE AND I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF POSTS WHERE YOU HAVE DONE DO SO FOR OTHERS . JUST THINK YOU'RE WRONG IN THIS SITUATION.
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Very well said Pillowman, and I think sums up the feelings of a lot of us on the forum.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi all

Believe me the last thing in the world I want anyone to feel is that I am arrogant, my sole purpose on this forum is to attempt to help those who who request it to the best of my ability, if I dont know the answer, but know who may do, I will guide them in the right direction, also I usualy include something along the lines that If this is wrong I could be corrected.

I was bullied all through my school and teenage years, was also in attendance at the Hillsborough disaster as it unfolded my mum and dad died in the last 4 years, all of these have added to my illnesses now, so ego is not a thing i posses in great quantities, and confidence ebbs and flows (Stress, Depression and Anxiety/Panic attacks), I would be the first to admit to egotistical entries in my posts and admit in my posts I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    Just relax people, life is too short. 

Barry does a great job around the forum and is equally entitled to his opinions as is Scotty.

If Rich does get it named after him then great, if it's turned down then it's a shame and we shall try again another time.

I will give Mr Murdoch a ring lol
  • Options
    NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited November 2009

I'm afraid I see Scotty's point here..

You cannot use past volunteer work to compare with what you post on a forum, after all if you consider what you do on the forum is volunteer work, then you are not using the forum in the way it was intended. You cannot include what you post on a forum in a C.V.

Sky Rich's job is paid, he must do a proper job moderating the forums, ensuring the community members are treated fairly, and also to keep 'morale' up amongst the members, after all everyone likes having free entry to tournaments!

• Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    yeah, definatley
  • Options
    shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2009
    if rich dont want it called after him you can call it the shifter freeroll
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    how does a simple request which in my opinion wouldnt matter either way to 99% of people turn into such an argument. Id hate to have to organise anything if this is what happens when such a trivial subject is discussed.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    To my knowledge, I have never posted anything in a negative manner about Barry before.  He seems like a nice guy who does want to help.

However it is my view that some of his comments in this thread have shown that he has maybe taken some of other peoples comments too far; to suggest that he and Sky Rich do similar jobs is very very wrong IMO and I think that certain members of the community are to blame for elevating him to that status.

I am simply pointing out things how I see it, and if he really does want to be a fore-front member of this forum than that is the risk that he has to take.  I think I remember  couple of other former posters who took some very over the line abuse in the chat box while playing, and now they haven't returned.  If Barry can't take criticism then he shouldn't be posting.

I have taken a lot of criticism on this forum, once or twice it may have been justified but on the whole it was unjustified from a former posters followers.  But I can take the criticism, therefore I can post what I really think rather than a lot of posters on here who appear to 'tip-toe' around the issues in order to be seen as a well like community member.
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    how does a simple request which in my opinion wouldnt matter either way to 99% of people turn into such an argument. Id hate to have to organise anything if this is what happens when such a trivial subject is discussed.
    Posted by loonytoons

spot on m8........this  JUST FOR A NAME OF A COMPETITION.........whoopee weeeeee.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
    edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    You have a lot to learn about poker players!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons

Becuase this is the 3rd/4th time that this issue has been brought up.  Sky Rich has stated the reasons why it wouldn't be workable yet people keep banging on about it.

It is not as if this issue has been ignored by Sky Rich;  he has thanked people for the gesture but they don't 
    seem to understand why it wouldn't be workable.

And I think that I have good reason to state what I have.  When people say that they are equal footing to Rich, the person
    who was appointed because Sky (rightly) thought that he has the skills and qualities to carry out the job excellently, 
    then something is seriously wrong with the community that it has been let to get to this.

But w/e if I have gone too far than please removed my posts, and remember these are only my views.  I'm entitled to say them and
    at no point have I been disresptful, aggressive or abusive. 
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    Yes and Rich should play on occasions
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    I think this thread should be deleted as its not going anywhere to tell the truth
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yes and Rich should play on occasions
    Posted by Urdadi
    That I def. agree with.  Good call!
  • Options
    RichiSwiftRichiSwift Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2009
    I agree Ace Barry
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi

Well, if nothing else it started a healthy debate :)
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited November 2009
    Hi Barry, when is the next fan club newsletter due :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi Barry, when is the next fan club newsletter due :)
    Posted by MADMOO
    lololol