You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Tonight see's the debut of a new Show to Sky Poker, & there will be ANOTHER - incredibly exciting & totally unique - new Show on Saturday nights very soon, so Saturday nights will be very different on Channel 865.

Tonight's new offering is "Master Cash", & is Produced by Sky 'Ling, with Rich & myself in the Studio.

As the title suggests, it will be wholly cash-based, but if you read the word "Master" as a verb, it makes more sense - as in "you can master cash games".

8pm, Live on Channel 865, or via Internet Stream on skypoker.com, & repeated frequently on 865 on Sunday.

The emphasis will be two-fold.

Cash game skills.

Poker education generally.

These weekly Shows will usually be broken into 3 x 1 hour segments, capable of being transmitted later as 1 hour standalone Shows. (But tonight's will be a little different, as we need to spam & do the Reveal for the 865 Freeroll.

Each one hour segment will be at different levels of Cash Play - low, medium, high - with the advice, we hope, geared to that Level of play.

Tonight's Show will start at 8pm, & finish at 11pm. NOT Midnight!

Whst will you watch after the Show finishes? - well I think the 2009 Viva Las Vegas Pokumentary is on. Well worth a gander, I'm told.

More to follow...... on E-Mails, & the Free Entry Competition.

Comments

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    Sounds great to me, I do prefer cash games so any strategy advice would be great to take on board.

P.s. can someone over at Sky Towers put the new Vegas Pokermentary on the Vegas page? :)

Glum
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    sounds  good  nice  one  tikay
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    what stakes are considered low/medium/high?
  • Options
    edited November 2009

E-Mails to the Master Cash Show.

Like all the Live Shows, it works a LOT better if we get interaction from you - the more, the better. Really - the e-Mails help make the Shows much better.

We will have two dedicated e-Mail sessions, one each in Hour Two, & Hour Three, roughly on the half-hour.

But e-Mails will also be read out "on the fly", throughout the Show.

We want comment on the Show Format, what's good, whats not so good, whats bad (excluding Orford, that's a given), & comment on the Hands we show, & the advice we give. It's a learning Show, in every sense.

The e-Mail address is....

skyopen@bskyb.com

More to follow - the FREE ENTRY Competition!
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    i dont get it, whats the comp?
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition!:
    Posted by nirvana29
    Hi Nirvana

It has been difficult for tikay to think about this comp, and as tikay says, it will be here soon :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So are the hands that are being shown gonna be ones that have been played recently on the TV cash tables, or ones that you have selected thru the week?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    what stakes are considered low/medium/high?
    Posted by scotty77
    That's relative!

For pedants, the middle hour will be at higher stakes than hour one, & smaller stakes than hour three......

Seriously, each week will be at different levels, but the hands will be as played, & taken from the site, in near real-time. So if you are on Cash Tables tonight, your hands may well be shown.

BUT ONLY THE SPECIAL CASH-TABLES IN THE CASH GAME LOBBY!

The Tables are there NOW, & are at the very top of the Cash-Game Lobby.

They are called, with great originality....

MASTER CASH 1. (£0.05/£0.10)

MASTER CASH 2. (£0.10/£0.20)

MASTER CASH 3. (£0.15/£0.30)

MASTER CASH 4. (£0.25/£0.50)

MASTER CASH 5. (£0.50/£1.00)

MASTER CASH 6. (£1/£2)
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition! : That's relative! For pedants, the middle hour will be at higher stakes than hour one, & smaller stakes than hour three...... Seriously, each week will be at different levels, but the hands will be as played, & taken from the site, in near real-time. So if you are on Cash Tables tonight, your hands may well be shown. BUT ONLY THE SPECIAL CASH-TABLES IN THE CASH GAME LOBBY! The Tables are there NOW, & are at the very top of the Cash-Game Lobby. They are called, with great originality.... MASTER CASH 1. (£0.05/£0.10) MASTER CASH 2. (£0.10/£0.20) MASTER CASH 3. (£0.15/£0.30) MASTER CASH 4. (£0.25/£0.50) MASTER CASH 5. (£0.50/£1.00) MASTER CASH 6. (£1/£2)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I hope ppl dont sit with their entire rolls just to get on the tele ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by nirvana29
    As my Post said "details to follow".

Very shortly.

There's no rush though - you have to watch the Show to Enter the Free Entry Comp. The Show runs from 8pm until 11pm.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So are the hands that are being shown gonna be ones that have been played recently on the TV cash tables, or ones that you have selected thru the week?
    Posted by scotty77
    The Tables from which they will be shown only went up today, so it will be from today.

They only just went up, & two of them are full already!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition! : The Tables from which they will be shown only went up today, so it will be from today. They only just went up, & two of them are full already!
    Posted by Tikay10
    hopefully some of the regs sit on them so i can get info........

but yeah im on the 50nl and 100nl.  thought it was best to start early because then the tables can hopefully get deep so that will make for more intesting hands
  • Options
    edited November 2009

So, the FREE ENTRY Competition.

The WINNER will get FREE ENTRY into NEXT SATURDAY'S 8pm Main Event. AND the T-Shirt shown in this photograph. you don't get me though.

You have until 8am on MONDAY to Enter.

And the Winner will be the entrant, who in the opinion of Sky-Rich, (he does not know he's the Judge yet, but he will soon!), gives the best answer to THIS question.

"What I learned from watching Master Cash was.......".

The answer can be serious, humorous, or a mixture of both. Abuse of Orford is welcome, even encouraged.

But I'll give you a clue.

If anyone learns any ONE thing from Master Cash, then we are doing OK. But 90% of the new &/or inexperienced players on this Site, or anywhere for that matter, make the same, identical, fundamental mistake.

And if we help to cure that, then those players games (& profitability) will improve immeasurably.

So you have to watch the Show, Live, or when it is repeated during Sunday, or via the Internet Stream on skypoker.com.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Oops, forgot the photo of the T-Shirt.

Here we go.

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Oops, forgot the photo of the T-Shirt. Here we go.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can I just say that this is the BEST BAR NONE photo of u ever to appear on this site Tikay :)
  • Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited November 2009
    "What I learned from watching Master Cash was.......".
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...that burgundy jackets should be outlawed.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Oops, forgot the photo of the T-Shirt. Here we go.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tony must be really cold, as you cant see him against that blue screen.
    col
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition! : Can I just say that this is the BEST BAR NONE photo of u ever to appear on this site Tikay :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    They've definitely captured his better side.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    The thing i've learnt from Master cash is that i should be covered in scales and live in an aquarium lol

col
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited November 2009
    Do they do xxfb size in T shirts so i know wether its worth me entering or just telling the Mackem not tooo lol