You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition!

Comments

• Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    TIKAY

I love old tractors!
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2009
    bit of advice stay away from my hands tonight! i dont like being abused on the tele lol even though i made a tidy profit earlier
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition!:
    bit of advice stay away from my hands tonight! i dont like being abused on the tele lol even though i made a tidy profit earlier
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Chris,

This is Sky Poker - NOBODY is, or will be, abused, told off, or denegrated - but we WILL pick up things where we think there is room for improvement.

And the players, in turn, if they disagree, or even agree, are encouraged to write in to the Show - skyopen@bskyb.com - or Post on the Forum, We WILL answer every Forum question about the Show. So if you, or anyone, are not happy with our comments, please say.

We is gonna get better, innit.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi Rich, tikay

Rich, I love you, Master, not Marster (Brotherly love)
  • Options
    efgloserefgloser Member Posts: 406
    edited November 2009
    Oh dear Richard......where did you get that jacket?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: "MASTER CASH" and FREE ENTRY Competition!:
    Oh dear Richard......where did you get that jacket?
    Posted by efgloser
    Tikay, the main man.....................gimme the password !
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Not bein funny Tikay....but heads up...i`d win 6 outta 10 against you........
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I give up watchin Jedward for this.....:)
  • Options
    Gangster62Gangster62 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2009
    I learnt that even if you think you have a brilliant hand it could also be behind at the sam time. Takeing a mater cash game for example Someone had Q10 and someone had 8's the flop came Q 8 J then he caled i reapeat called a £67.50 bet then shoves when the turn come 6. And gets beaten
  • Options
    KingAlfredKingAlfred Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2009
    Just went into the 0.05/0.10 table. Got QQ on the first hand. player ahead of me raised by £1. I went all in and my bet was not called. Won 1.15 then left the table.

Don't really like cash (prefer MTT). Sometimes I just nip and then try to make a quick buck if I get a good hand early on. If I hang around to long I usually lose whatever I have won.

My advice is - if you get a top pair just shove in the cash!
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    I suppose what I've learned so far from Master Cash has little to do with the format (i.e. it isn't to do with it being for cash) but that there was a hand with a guy playing an A3 out of position and check calling his way to defeat to  a bigger ace having hit top pair - The interesting thing was that his 3 wasn't even playing by the end, he was essentially calling hoping for a split pot which can never be good, not that I'd be in this hand anyway but I think I'll be making sure to include actually checking if my kicker plays in my little tick list as the clock counts down on the river. Enjoying the show by the way chaps, great to see Sky rolling out a great new show, building it up, and within a minute of it starting having the analyst making wheat-based cracks at the presenter's hair
  • Options
    HjaltlandHjaltland Member Posts: 137
    edited November 2009
    One thing i have learnt since my time playing on sky poker is it's one of the most pro-active sites i have ever played on... just lately the increase to 10 and 12 minute blinds for high buy-in tours is greatly welcomed plus the earlier start times....Master Cash is another Master Move by Sky Poker....n1

Hajistlandish

Col
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    I woulda flat, cos if I insta-AI it alerts to Darich to how massive my hand was.  Peacock was never, ever ever folding after seeing how he played so my AI has little FE versus him and he was shallow stacked.  Ideally Peacock woulda went AI flop and I get it in 3 way.  

I was playing a couple of torunies on another site and they popped up and my clicker went weird.

Oh and I'm from buckinghamshire not hertfordshire!
  • Options
    jamieloujamielou Member Posts: 232
    edited November 2009
    I learnt that Tikay wears a wig!!
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    One thing i have learnt tonight through Master Cash, is that players truly need to be 100.0001% confident in there abilities at Cash games, or have a very high bank roll.

The reason for this is because i can see now that people seem to limp, and bet so much with nothing, and you need to be confident you are ahead order to call. Not only this but on average each hand is getting about 2 or 3 people into the pot, so pre-flop betting & raising is crucial.

Thank muchly for Master Cash, still learning as a keep watching and will be trying my hand at Cash Games soon as i build my bankroll.
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I've learnt that there are some players that call £25 bets on the river with Jack high ;-)

Less mischieviously however I've learnt the importance of "topping up" after losing a pot. Topped up £20 prior to full house hand - you really don't want to hit the big hands when you have short stacks

Try and top up all the time - using the mindset that the very next hand could always be your AA v KK
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    edited November 2009
    I learnt that TK needs a zimmerframe as he hates LIMPING...
  • Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    Hi,
    I learned tonight that sadly i am not tikays only female admirer. :-( 
    xx
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    I have learnt that RichOrford would be a great accessory at the annual world series of croquet for pigs

Dave
  • Options
    GhotiGhoti Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    I've learned that many players love to play trash hands in cash games, and often play very weak after the flop. I haven't quite figured out why they don't play like that against me :-(

I'll be watching for tips on how to read players better and how to tell when they really have a hand versus the all too common trash holding.