You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

doing my nut in!

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
is there any chance that we can stop having so many threads regarding these deepstacks, everytime i come onto the forums these days all i get to see is £300 this £300 that. clearly some people must need to see the thread otherwise they would totally forget about the tournaments they normally play in? (would they really)

this is probably gonna be met my stern resistance but i think all they are doing is messing up the forum and lets be honest they dont actually get many posts on the threads themselves.

Comments

• Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    I voted YES because a forum is about discussion and debate and if someone feels that strongly about this HE should be allowed the right to have a discussion or debate just have YOU do
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    You can always use the IGNORE facility at the bottom of peoples posts if you don't like them. 

In my opinion these posts are usuful to both new users of the forum and those wishing to look at different types of game.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    i think they are pretty pointless in general.  its the same 4 posters who always post, I think it is unlikely that many people are persueded to join in because of them.  once or twice when ive forgot about a tournie they reminded me however.

however its a forum not like its running out of space, i dont care you'll get loads of people on here from that clique tho all posting the same generic response
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Hi
    I voted that i'm not bothered, but, and dont take this the wrong way Webby, i do think it's a bit rich of you to put this thread up, given some of your past activites on the forum, but as i say everyone is entitled to their opinions.

col
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    i dont see you playing in many of the deepstacks webby so like everyone you deserve an opinion but a lot of the regular players in these tournaments would like to see the changes imaybe you should give one a try
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2009
    ITS UP TO EVERYBODY WHAT THEY READ AND WHAT THEY POST IF NOBODY IS INTERESTED THEY SOON DISAPEAR OF THE FRONT PAGE
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    webby  who   cares   chill     out
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    GO ON WEBBY , PLAY A DEEPIE , I DARE YOU
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Not really fussed is what i voted ;) if i aint interested buddy i don't read it .... sorry mate ;)
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    I think it is a great job the guys do in promoting the deepies.

I have no doubt, without them, the deepies would have died a slow and painful death. Being a slow burner, it does take a certain player/mentality to enjoy them as too many casual gamers come for the quick fix the faster paced structures give.

I love the odd deepie, unfortunately, I rarely have the 4 hours to spare.

The biggest issue at the moment is to do with the amount of new threads at the moment. Sometimes 20 or 30 in a day, with some of the most rediculous, tedious subjects ever.

Most decent threads now only get the benefit of an hour or two on page one, this means it is lost to the archives before the discussion has truly run it's course.

This also means a few days later, a similar thread is started by someone else. This then becomes an ever decreasing circle of quicker and quicker new threads and threads being lost to the vaults.

I have started spending a little more time over in the shed and poker strategy than usual, at least a thread can last a week or more over there.

If Sky limited each person to one new thread a week, this problem would be eliminated overnight.

In the meantime, guys, if you want to start a new thread, do have a look over some of the older pages, just to see if it has been discussed over the last couple of hours.

I didn't read in the rules of the posters freeroll that you had bonus points for starting a new thread.
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Carry on the guys giving us reminders although yesterday was a bit much, the forum was choc a block with them
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    i voted yes,

and yes people are entitled to put up what they want on the forum,

if sky don't like it they take it down ,

webby me thinks you are looking to become the doorman in this forum of ours,

its for us all .

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: doing my nut in!:
    I think it is a great job the guys do in promoting the deepies. I have no doubt, without them, the deepies would have died a slow and painful death. Being a slow burner, it does take a certain player/mentality to enjoy them as too many casual gamers come for the quick fix the faster paced structures give. I love the odd deepie, unfortunately, I rarely have the 4 hours to spare. The biggest issue at the moment is to do with the amount of new threads at the moment. Sometimes 20 or 30 in a day, with some of the most rediculous, tedious subjects ever. Most decent threads now only get the benefit of an hour or two on page one, this means it is lost to the archives before the discussion has truly run it's course. This also means a few days later, a similar thread is started by someone else. This then becomes an ever decreasing circle of quicker and quicker new threads and threads being lost to the vaults. I have started spending a little more time over in the shed and poker strategy than usual, at least a thread can last a week or more over there. If Sky limited each person to one new thread a week, this problem would be eliminated overnight. In the meantime, guys, if you want to start a new thread, do have a look over some of the older pages, just to see if it has been discussed over the last couple of hours. I didn't read in the rules of the posters freeroll that you had bonus points for starting a new thread.
    Posted by Hale72
    Yeh right, you lady's do nothing all day except watch TV and play poker lol
    Also im gonna start a thread on wether we should get bonus points for starting a thread.
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited November 2009
    GO ON WEBBY , PLAY A DEEPIE , I DARE YOU
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    How could he turn a dare down from pillowman
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: doing my nut in! : How could he turn a dare down from pillowman
    Posted by Ozzie08
    RUSSIAN ROULETTE FOR YOU , I DARE YOU
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: doing my nut in! : Yeh right, you lady's do nothing all day except watch TV and play poker lol Also im gonna start a thread on wether we should get bonus points for starting a thread.
    Posted by loonytoons
    I wish!!!!!!!!

The only T.V. I ever watch is playhouse Disney, and did you not read my 'halestorm' blog?

I have only played 2 DYM's all day, with little chance for a third.

Another point I raised earlier, we now have 2 luck based threads on page one and the poor thread about to be relegated to the Scottish third division that is page 2 was last used only just over an hour ago.

There is also a thread on page 3 that was only started this morning.
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    life is too short to get fussed either way. If people want to talk about then fine by me - go on have a blast.
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    Anyway ...i do like old tractors...is that helpfull!

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    "about to be relegated to the Scottish third division that is page 2"

Fantastic comment Hayley, although surely you have gone over the score here!  No post is so bad that it should be mentioned in the same breath as the scottish third division.

But on a serious note, as a forum, we should really look at the number of threads that are being created.  If a thread was created this morning, and is now on the third page, then we are looking at something in the region of 30 new threads in a day.  can there really be thirty different new topics to discuss in such a short space of time?

For me, the answer is "no", but we all know that similar threads appear on a regular basis.  New members to the forum post topics that have been debated previously.  We need to accept that this happens and be tolerant of new posters.  I did the same thing when i first joined the community.

Rich has asked for ideas to freshen up the forum (it's probably on page 6 now lol) and people have contributed varying ideas.  Hopefully the best of these will be implemented and this will help to keep the best threads alive  for longer.

In the meantime, posters can start any thread they like, and the rest of us can choose to ignore, read and ignore, or read and respond to it.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    At the moment you cant choose to ignore because its still there, i suggested that we have a thread hide button so we could hide the ones we have, or no longer have any interest in. 2 weeks ago when i came to sit down after work, i only had to go 1/2 way down page 2 of the forum to view threads from last night, now its near 4 pages.