You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How Dare You Webby234

jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Scanning the forums today and ran into my sharkscope (W T F).Only messing webby u make me laugh mate.
I play entirley sit and goes.Read all the books bought all the systems and stick to my game.Few facts you outta bring into consideration i play 8-12 tables at a time its called grinding lol,an as for the more tables u play the less info u get on each game.So in genrall i play a lot lower than my bankroll should be 50 buyins 550 pound to play 10 DYM's ,I do this because sky can run bad longer than any site i know so i stick to these stakes but dont think there is enough games at the higher stakes for me anyway.A top poker grinder told me that ur ROI goes down the more tables at a time u play but ur making more per hour+the more games u play the more rake u earn on top.My tip for u webby is to concentrate entirley on sit and goes leave vegas out and make sure u got the bankroll for the stake u play.KILL UR 10 POUND SYSTEM LOL.

Comments

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    The posting of other players Sharkscope is frowned upon in this forum. Suprised Webby didn't realise this!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024
    edited November 2009

Publishing other player's Sharkascope just reflects a lack of class, & breaches the T & C's of Sharkscope.

Someone actually C & P'd mine into the Cardroom Chat-Box last night after he'd felted me when his A-9 rivered against my A-K.

Players actually think 'Scope is Gospel, & take it at face-value. I guess some folks believe what they read in The Sun, too.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Posting someone else's stats as a means to denigrate is bullying by proxy, and indicative of low self esteem
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    Jimi is not human, he's a poker-playing super-computer. That's the only explanation for his 58 simultaneous tables winning formula! :-)

Infact, here's a recent picture of Jimi in action... check out those lights, one for each table!

PS, see you on the tables Jimi!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: How Dare You Webby234:
    Posting someone else's stats as a means to denigrate is bullying by proxy, and indicative of low self esteem
    Posted by elsadog
    You been eating that dictionary again Elsa? bad dog
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: How Dare You Webby234 : You been eating that dictionary again Elsa? bad dog
    Posted by loonytoons

It wasn't me, the cat walked across the keyboard.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    somebody give dave and tikay a chill pill lol

i dint mean to post jimi's name and both of you would know that if you had red the thread (am a poet dunt no it lol)

i was having problems with starting a discussion other day, it wasnt showing my writing and after loads of messing about, i accidentally left his stats up but did change it as soon as i realised my mistake.

me and jimi know the game and i chose his stats cos didnt think he would mind.

so calm down guys and gals and let the cards be with you, if not you could just bluff like me and jimi do ;-)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    its out of order
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    scrumdown stop posting one liners, there not cool man, its all you ever do
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    simmer down webby u want to have decent  conversation put an intresting post up then we can have one
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    please keep things calm guys. i'm keeping an eye on this thread and don't want it to spiral out of control
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    TIP FOR SCRUMDOWN .... PLS. EDIT YOUR POST . TAKE OUT THE WORDS .. TO AND HAVE  AND REPLACE WITH .. A .. AND ONE LINER IS THE OUTCOME . IF YOU DON'T , HALE , WILL GET WORRIED !!!      DID NOT SEE YOUR POST ,RICH , NOT TRYING TO STIR !!!
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    Im not going to have a go at any indivdual on here, but why dont the mods delete the post that do show another players sharkscope and then warn that player, to the effect that if they do it again they will be banned.
    This might then stop people thinking that it is ok to compare stats.
    For my part I dont give two hoots as to how other players do through this medium and nor should anyone else.

col
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    Jimi said he doesn't care if his stats are posted, and I dont think others should either. Sharkscope stats are available for public viewing and anyone who wants to look at them can. Sharkscope will remove your stats if you ask them to. So by leaving them available to be looked at your doing just that. If you have a problem with them just email sharkscope and they will remove it for you.

Sharkscope have their T&C to cover their own back, if they have that written then they can't be criticised as a site that causes abuse between players.

Am I the only one with this view? I know Scotty and Ladyfingers agree, does no1 else?
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2009
    Come on guys just havin a laugh me and webby are mates and thought i ,d give him some tips publically.
    Hes a good kid and as for the sharkscope buisness i dont mind 1 little bit 1 of my idols is tony G the guy gives his winnings to charity got a good heart but if ur at the same table as him he tell u to ur face how hes going to crush u and how poor u play.Character and passion is what drives the greats so when it comes down to poker etiquette
    i dont believe in the standard keep ur mouth shut at the tables and bite ur tongue.So i agree with flash flush CHILL.
    P.S. cant belie u webby lol.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2009
    Just one question Jimi, how in the h ell do you manage 8-12 tables at a time?? I've tried 3 and that fried my brain trying to keep up with them.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Charles

You make a fair point but i need to disagree with you to a certain extent.

Am i right in thinking that if you request your data to be hidden on sharkscope, then you cannot access other peoples scores?  If so, then i can understand some people wanting to be able to use the service therefore not request their stats be hidden.

For these people, i think a distinction can be made between there stats being available on sharkscope, and them being posted on a forum.  The agreement is esentially that they can look at others on sharkscope and others can look at them.  For whaterver reason, i think players are still entitled to want their stats to not appear on a forum.  Like you, it wouldnt bother me, but i do think that if anyone feels differently, that should be respected.

Having said all of that, i may be wrong with my assumption at the start and if so, then anyone concerned can email sharkscope as you suggest.

Ray
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Come on guys just havin a laugh me and webby are mates and thought i ,d give him some tips publically. Hes a good kid and as for the sharkscope buisness i dont mind 1 little bit 1 of my idols is tony G the guy gives his winnings to charity got a good heart but if ur at the same table as him he tell u to ur face how hes going to crush u and how poor u play.Character and passion is what drives the greats so when it comes down to poker etiquette i dont believe in the standard keep ur mouth shut at the tables and bite ur tongue.So i agree with flash flush CHILL. P.S. cant belie u webby lol.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Err - I don't think so.

He gives a bit to charity now & then - I hope we all do - but "giving his winnings to charity" is a bit far-fetched!

Very interesting character is Mr Gouga.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    somebody give dave and tikay a chill pill lol i dint mean to post jimi's name and both of you would know that if you had red the thread (am a poet dunt no it lol) i was having problems with starting a discussion other day, it wasnt showing my writing and after loads of messing about, i accidentally left his stats up but did change it as soon as i realised my mistake. me and jimi know the game and i chose his stats cos didnt think he would mind. so calm down guys and gals and let the cards be with you, if not you could just bluff like me and jimi do ;-)
    Posted by webby234
    My comments were not directed at you Webby (I would have PM'd you privately if I had a problem) - I've not even seen the Post/Thread to which you refer.

This Poker Site has a large percentage of new &/or inexperienced Players, & I have a Duty - & in fact I like to think we all do - to look after them by making them aware of how poker works.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    Webby did post the stats of another player (jimifloyd) but to be fair he didn't do it to berate jimi. It wasn't a 'look at how much this donk has lost' post, but more of an admiration post, coupled with asking for advice.