You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How Dare You Webby234

Comments

• Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    8-12 Tournaments???

I play 2 and my PC turns into a dieing actor!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,075
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: How Dare You Webby234:
    Webby did post the stats of another player (jimifloyd) but to be fair he didn't do it to berate jimi. It wasn't a 'look at how much this donk has lost' post, but more of an admiration post, coupled with asking for advice.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    As I said, I never saw the Post, & my comments were not directed at him.

It IS a problem though, I see people being berated for their perceived lack of ability (based on'Scope) daily, & it's NOT good for poker, not good for the players, & not good for this Site.

All it does is satisfies the ego of those who like to mock & abuse. In practical terms, it's as useful as keying the side of a car, or vandalizing a 'phone box. I've seen hundreds of Online players driven away from several Sites I have been, or am, associated with, simply by this tactic.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    I see people being berated for their perceived lack of ability (based on'Scope) daily, & it's NOT good for poker, not good for the players, & not good for this Site. All it does is satisfies the ego of those who like to mock & abuse. In practical terms, it's as useful as keying the side of a car, or vandalizing a 'phone box.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree. That's just not right at all.

• Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited November 2009
    Why does everyone on this site take everything to heart and so literall.Tikay, Tony g always contributes to charity it is plain as day go on youtube there is severall occations where he mentions this but to make out that im suggesting he plays poker for fun and gives all his money to charity is a bit harsh.Also he gets he tells a russian poker player that he is terrible his hand range is terrible and tells him to bring on more russians and tell the audience not to applaude him.People have got to be allowed to express themselfs come on.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Why does everyone on this site take everything to heart and so literall.Tikay, Tony g always contributes to charity it is plain as day go on youtube there is severall occations where he mentions this but to make out that im suggesting he plays poker for fun and gives all his money to charity is a bit harsh.Also he gets he tells a russian poker player that he is terrible his hand range is terrible and tells him to bring on more russians and tell the audience not to applaude him.People have got to be allowed to express themselfs come on.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    We are just debating Jimi, & when I see inaccurate statements & I think they need correcting.  "gives his winnings to charitry" is completely different to "always contributes to charity". 

If you read between the lines, I was suggesting that Tony is not at all the person he comes across as. We were business partrners, but not for long, for a variety of reasons.

He is, at the same time, one of the most kind, gentle, trusting & caring men I've ever met in poker. He's also the most obnoxious, rude, untrustworthy, ill-mannered & insensitive so & so I've ever met.

Maybe I should do a Blog about him, along the lines of the one I did today on Brian Wilson.

It might open a few eyes, that's for sure! But not the way you think.....
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Do it tikay, there's no "maybe" about it.  Sounds like juicy stuff!  Also, I've seen a few poker pro's mentioned in the forum and its clear you dont hold them in very high regard.  In the forum, I got the impression that the reasons for this were well known, but I hadnt any knowledge of them.

Wouldnt mind reading stories about them too, if they were appropriate to write about, and you were of a mind to do so...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Do it tikay, there's no "maybe" about it.  Sounds like juicy stuff!  Also, I've seen a few poker pro's mentioned in the forum and its clear you dont hold them in very high regard.  In the forum, I got the impression that the reasons for this were well known, but I hadnt any knowledge of them. Wouldnt mind reading stories about them too, if they were appropriate to write about, and you were of a mind to do so...
    Posted by Buistyboy
    I hold some in high regard - VERY high regard. And some quite the opposite. But the reality is usually a very long way from what the PR Machines grind out. If I had an A4 sheet of paper, I'd need to use both sides if I wanted to list those who had gone busto, or were wrong 'uns. Ditto the good guys. 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah would you do one i would be intrested to know.A little insight wouldn t go a miss.Hope i didnt offend u tikay but i just fought it would be common sense.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah would you do one i would be intrested to know.A little insight wouldn t go a miss.Hope i didnt offend u tikay but i just fought it would be common sense.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Offend me? - not at all man!

I'll pen a Tony G Blog as soon as I can. I'm offline most of tomorrow, & likely to be a bit busy Monday, but I'll do it as soon as possible.

He's some complex guy. Very much a curate's egg.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    This is as mad as it gets - ooh the scandal, the hype, the wonder what will happen, im on the edge of my seat, its better than who shot thingamebob,bring it on i say, i cant wait lool
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009

torry your going over the top, its a forum for friendly fun, lighten up a bit please and just enjoy yourself

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Lots of poker players contribute to charity via P4C. Most don't make a thing about it though.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Lots of poker players contribute to charity via P4C. Most don't make a thing about it though.
    Posted by elsadog
    Oh my word, what HAVE you said now.........

Yes, lots of players used to contribute to charity via P4C. Or they thought they did.....

And many players do indeed give generously, time & money, to charitable causes. (See this Forum for one such example in the coming days).

You guys seem to Post things which open up quite remarkable & evocative memories for me.

And there are not much bigger, or more extraordinary stories, than the P4C story. It's a staggering tale, & one in which I became embroiled quite heavily, the effects of which continue to this day, & will continue so to do for a good while yet.

For those new to poker, "P4C" stands for "Poker 4 Charity".

It's title might make you think it is - or was - a Charity. It was not.

I don't think during my time in poker I've ever been involved in a more disgraceful & sordid chain of events than the P4C debacle. Just thinking about it now, prompted by Elsa's Post, makes my blood boil.

I guess another Blog is required!

In the meantime, let me say this.

1) If you wish to donate to Charity, make sure it's a Registered Charity, with a Registration Number issued by the Charities Commission.

2) Ask how much in the £ goes to the Charitable causes.

Many. many, Poker Pros gave time & money freely to P4C. We thought the money was going to kids in need, as you would.

Wow, what a story that was. It'd have a wow factor of Super-Wow if it were not so incredibly sad, & bad.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Hi Charles You make a fair point but i need to disagree with you to a certain extent. Am i right in thinking that if you request your data to be hidden on sharkscope, then you cannot access other peoples scores?  If so, then i can understand some people wanting to be able to use the service therefore not request their stats be hidden. For these people, i think a distinction can be made between there stats being available on sharkscope, and them being posted on a forum.  The agreement is esentially that they can look at others on sharkscope and others can look at them.  For whaterver reason, i think players are still entitled to want their stats to not appear on a forum.  Like you, it wouldnt bother me, but i do think that if anyone feels differently, that should be respected. Having said all of that, i may be wrong with my assumption at the start and if so, then anyone concerned can email sharkscope as you suggest. Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Ray - you can hide your stats and still view others - all this moaning about posting of Sharkscope stats is OTT...what's the harm it's there for everyone to see anyway...and in this case Webby was complimenting JimiFloyd if i remember right?
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Torrylad i talk to webby online and have no beef with any1 the idea of the post was to get webbys attention give him a few pointers on what i do and also for every1 else to see if they wanna grind at sit and gos.I dont think im great and its not a brag as i dont post messages hardly, just tryed to share a little insight and see what others had to say i said i was only messing on my first post.Dont think i will ever post again as the whole community seems to be against each other so its not really a community is it.As for respect i aint seeking that either i make money thats all i can hope to do.I aint seeking to make enimies but aint fussed either way.

• Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    Torrylad i talk to webby online and have no beef with any1 the idea of the post was to get webbys attention give him a few pointers on what i do and also for every1 else to see if they wanna grind at sit and gos.I dont think im great and its not a brag as i dont post messages hardly, just tryed to share a little insight and see what others had to say i said i was only messing on my first post.Dont think i will ever post again as the whole community seems to be against each other so its not really a community is it.As for respect i aint seeking that either i make money thats all i can hope to do.I aint seeking to make enimies but aint fussed either way.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    HI JIMI , HOPE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND . I SAW WEBBYS ORIGINAL THREAD AND POSTS AND HE DID NOTHING WRONG . AS SOON AS HE SPOTTED THE MISTAKE , HE CORRECTED IT AND EXPLAINED WHAT HAD HAPPENED .
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited November 2009
    Haven't really got an opinion on Sharkscope but think it's rich of Tikay to say we can't post them as it offends people and then suggest he could flame Tony G in a blog if and when he pleased.

At least Sharkscope is data based.

This thread is getting serious now, it isn't a major gripe of mine but reading it that ^ is what my thought process was. No offence taken tikay.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    1) Sorry if I offended you Webby, as I said, I was sure you didn't do it intentionally.

2) TK get those blogs written - TonyG & P4C!

The publishing of other players stats was done recenty on Daniel Neg' blog, anyone have any opinions on that?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    I'm getting confused by some of the comments on here!!!
    Webby put up Jimi's stats to PRAISE him, whether he should of or not does not really matter, as soon as some1 commented he appologised and removed Jimi's name. The title of this thread was a joke just to get Webbys attention and Jimi has said numerous times he has not taken any offense and doesn't care his stats were published as he is proud of them. Then people like Nirvana and scrumdown come on here, don't read any messages only the title and start having a go at Webby for posting stats... If Jimi doesn't care his stats are on show why should scrumdown or Nirvana?!?! This just seems to be an opportunity for people who are not fans of Webby to find things to get him in 'trouble' about.

NOTE TO EVERYONE! Read past posts before posting or you will just look stupid.

P.S thats one more post for the freeroll (I know thats how certain people think)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    Well said Flash. I said earlier that Webby made a 'praise type' thread, and jimi's response is obviously light-hearted with a tint of 'help Webby out and answer his questions'.

There's been some misunderstanderings going on for sure!