You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Vegas News - Dan Is The Man!

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited July 2009

To all you guys who Railed him on this Thread - thank you, it means a lot.

We are Sky Poker Community. All of us.
  • Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited July 2009
    41st out of nearly 3000 players, that is a massive achievment.

Well done Dan, that has given me and I am sure many others hope that big things can be achieved.

Dave
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    Fantastic Result Dan
    We are all proud of you

Thank you

Late for work but worth it...

Gary
  • dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Awesome - nothing else needs to be said :)
  • THETANKTHETANK Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2009
    Fantastic effort! Well done Dan!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2009
    Absolutely brilliant, well done old bean!
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    very well played dan great result, very unlucky river card pal.
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009
    Dan, Absolutly fantastic

Very Unlucky on that river, see, it does happen even in a live event.

WTG SKY POKER/DAN

SKY POKER COMMUNITY RULES OK
    edited July 2009

We await confirmation of his precise finishing position, as the Plasma is sometimes a bit "behind", & we think he may have finished 39th.

Dan has gone back to his room to fetch his Passport - he needs ID to collect his Cash.

He's toying with the idea of entering a $300 Satellite for the Main Event, but I suggested he gets some sleep first, & then decides. I think he'll play one, though.

Adam is now going to pen his Blog, & I'm going to do mine, too, though it might be short & sharp, as we are all a bit tired - it's been a 17 hour day today. A wonderful 17 hours, though.

I'm going to suggest to Dan that he considers playing a £300 Deepstack at DTD soon - he has the game, & lives in Doncaster, only 30 minutes from DTD.

That's me done, I'm outa here, but please watch the Blogs Board, hopefully the 2 Blogs will be up within the hour.

They are recording "The Club" today, too, so I expect the Producer - Miss Collins - will give some coverage to Dan.

What a day, & what a game this poker malarky is, eh?
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009
    Hi again

We must give a big hand, and a great Thank you to tikay for this awsome commentary, hope you didnt have any little accidents tikay ;)

Certainly kept the heart pumping

Thanks again tikay

• mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2009
    Well done Dan, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009

Courtesy of PokerNews:

Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:37:36 
    Brown Busto 
    Daniel Brown moved his last 55,000 into the middle and was called by Paulo Nunes. Brown: Jh7d Nunes: 3d3s Brown took the lead on the flop when it fell 4cJsTd, and when the Jd landed on the turn, Brown's shot at doubling up looked likely. However, when the river peeled the 3c Brown was sent packing thanks to Nunes' rivered full house.

Great performance, vwd Dan. I make that a cash of $11k, very nice! Again, it looks like Tikay's struggle to read the cards was unsuccessful, as PokerNews report that the flop was 4JT, not KJT. Not to worry!

edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Vegas News - Dan Is The Man!:
    Courtesy of PokerNews: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 01:37:36  Brown Busto  Daniel Brown moved his last 55,000 into the middle and was called by Paulo Nunes. Brown: Jh7d Nunes: 3d3s Brown took the lead on the flop when it fell 4cJsTd, and when the Jd landed on the turn, Brown's shot at doubling up looked likely. However, when the river peeled the 3c Brown was sent packing thanks to Nunes' rivered full house. Great performance, vwd Dan. I make that a cash of $11k, very nice! Again, it looks like Tikay's struggle to read the cards was unsuccessful, as PokerNews report that the flop was 4JT, not KJT. Not to worry!
    Posted by YoungUn
    You got me - yeah, I probably had a misread.

I'm not entirely sure on this, but it may not have been my first ever misread........

My apologies.
  • Sky_AndySky_Andy Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2009
    Amazing news from Vegas.  Give Dan our best!

Andy
  • babyboy8babyboy8 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2009
    well done son !
  • RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited July 2009
    That was so exciting- well done Dan, Tikay and team Sky Poker!  Now for the main event...!
  • DoggfatherDoggfather Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Vegas News - Dan Is The Man!:
    That was so exciting- well done Dan, Tikay and team Sky Poker!  Now for the main event...!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Congrats Dan - Awesome result....
  • HotwhealsHotwheals Member Posts: 337
    edited July 2009
    Congratulations Dan, I am sure the money will come in very handy with your new arrival on the way. Well Done.
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2009
    Well done Dan. Like the rest of the Sky Poker community I am extremely proud of what you have achieved today. Sky Poker may be small in comparison to all the other sites but how many of those can field such a small team and return with such fantastic results?

Well done mate, you've done us proud!!!

Tikay......fantastic commentary. I could feel my heart rate racing up with every post. Well done to you too mate and all our team supporting Dan!

I'm getting all emotional....!!!
  • NOGIMMICKSNOGIMMICKS Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2009
    Magnificent effort from both Dan and Tikay. Both a credit to the site in their respective ways.
    Good luck to the chaps playing in the main event.