You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Good luck as always, have used three of your Lingfield selections in a small Lucky 15, if your three win and my own selection loses I'll happily take that!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Hope 2 of the 3 you picked were Roys legacy and Aquilonius
    edited December 2012
    Fakenham looking to save the day? Some good picks.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Lingfield was ok made a little over £50 depsite have 3 finish 2nd, but yeah fakenham helped with Musselburgh being a disaster.  Hazy Tom was my bigges fancy of the day if that handty been beat on the line would have been different.
    edited December 2012
    Decided to do my 1st ever placepot (just a pound) on your Fakenham selections.....4 out of 6 winners! Very nice. Just about got my money back today on a patent at Lingfield.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I said a couple of days ago I was going to start placepots if I picked a horse in every race at the meeting, havent dopne yet but will start tomorrow, shame 2 of the shorter priced horses let it down.

Glad you got a little back on your patent, and well done on your SPT cash
    edited December 2012
    I backed Roy's Legacy but only got 5/1 but better than nothing. Did a Lucy Alexander L31 at Musselburgh, only 1 winner though, shame, i like backing her and Ryan Mania (althought i missed his double yesterday).
    Posted by 55013
    Glad you were on Roy' Legacy, Im getting most of my bets on now by 8am and there really is such a change in the market by the time racing starts.

All but 2 of my winners today shortend, so was glad to be on, the 2 that drifted great I always do best odds guaranteed, my only problem has been backing a horse at 5/2 putting 40 on it then find come race time it runs at 8/1 or bigger, great if it wins mbut more often than not it doesnt, and if id been given a ture price id have has less on it and done it each way.

But im happy taking the risk, and would advise anyone to get on early in the morning, or even the night before on the few races that get priced up that early.
    edited December 2012

Football

Staying away from the premierhsip tonight, Earlier I thoghut Newcastle was great value, this afternoon I was thinking Fulham too strong at hoem and right now im thinking a draw.

Benfica
    Lazio
    Rayo Vallercano

£10 at 11.24/1

Pool

Dont know nothing about the players playing but enjoy wathching the Mosconi Cup, so having £30 on Europe at 4/6 just for the added interest. (won returned £50)

Daily amount laid out = £700
    Daily Returns = £824.50
    Daily profit/loss = £124.50
    Monthly profit/loss = -£21.17
    Total profit/loss = £726.01

• DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,929
    edited December 2012
    Football Staying away from the premierhsip tonight, Earlier I thoghut Newcastle was great value, this afternoon I was thinking Fulham too strong at hoem and right now im thinking a draw. Benfica Lazio Rayo Vallercano £10 at 11.24/1 Pool Dont know nothing about the players playing but enjoy wathching the Mosconi Cup, so having £30 on Europe at 4/6 just for the added interest.
    Posted by shuv
    One of the best sporting events to watch on TV imo, +1!!!

edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : One of the best sporting events to watch on TV imo, +1!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cant believe Europe just lost that match to go 2 down, 4-1 up and a clearence i could have made, just knew when he cocked up it would cost them
    edited December 2012
    Tuesday 11th December

Morning all, feeling like sh!t today, what was a small cold yesterday seems to have turned into an extreme case of man flu today.

It wont stop me havong a bet or 2, but where I planned to be on the computer all day im more than likely to be on the settee under a blanket, yeah I know man the **** up!!

Horses

Lingfield
    12.00 On The Feather 10/1 £10ew (No Where)
    12.30 Renoir's Lady 11/4 £30 (3rd)
    1.00 Hawaiian Storm 11/2 £20 (No Where)
    1.30 Efistorm 7/2 £20 (won 9/2 returned £110)
    2.00 Mey Blossom 8/1 £10ew (2nd returned £30)
    2.30 Tartan Blue 3/1 £40 (last)
    3.00 Swiss Cross 7/2 £20 (2nd)
    3.30 Honest Strike 7/1 £20 (won returned £160)

Sedgfield
    12.20 Lady Of Verona 2/1£20 (2nd)
    12.50 Victor Lynch 10/3 £30 (3rd)
    1.20 Rose Of The Moon 8/11F £50 (won at 10/11 returned £95.45)
    1.50 Ballybriggan 3/1 £40 (NR £40 returned)
    2.20 Brave Spartacus Evens £60 (miles claer when fell at last)
    2.50 Stags Leap 11/1 £10ew (No Where)
      3.20 Sealous Scout 3/1 £20 (3rd)

Fontwell
    12.40 Dovils Date 11/4 £20 (NR returend £20)
    1.10 Venetian Lad 7/2 £20 (3rd)
    1.40 Breaking Bits 5/2 £20 (No Where)
    2.10 Bollybo 4/9 £50 (ran at 2/7 came 2nd to 20/1 shot sighsss)
    2.40 Fitandproperjob 15/8 £20 (No Where)
    3.10 Sulpius 7/2  £30 (much needed winner at a massive 7/1 returned £240)
    3.40 Timetoring 12/1 £10ew (placed at 14/1 returned £45)

Also had three £5 placepots.

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : I said a couple of days ago I was going to start placepots if I picked a horse in every race at the meeting, havent dopne yet but will start tomorrow, shame 2 of the shorter priced horses let it down. Glad you got a little back on your patent, and well done on your SPT cash
    Posted by shuv

Cheers mate! Needed that just before the Chrimbo period.

Had a L15 on your 4 e/w selections today.

I am also a big Mosconi Cup fan.....love watching it! it seems so simple at times but also love how snooker players like Jimmy White, Steve Davis, Tony Drago etc have all made it look easy. Chris Melling and Darren Appleton are both from 8 ball pool backgrounds too. Then again, Mark Selby is too and he his smashing the snooker circuit! 

***** EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE ******

I hope we shut them arogant yanks up in tonights games!
  • What_ifWhat_if Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2012
    Gl today Shuv, just followed your Lingfield picks, not including the first race though. Let's hope we have 7 winners :D.

Bad start, two down.

One up, Efistorm.

Mey blossom no good. 
    edited December 2012
    Ouch, billybo turned over after going off 2/7. Not going well for you today, need a few winners in the last few races to salvage the day.

Edit: Jesus it's just not your day, brave spartacus in the 2.20 at sedgefield fell at the last 10 lengths clear going away.
    edited December 2012
    Dont need to sum up the day so far What_if has summed it up pretty well, I've barely been able to move all day i should have took that as a sign not to bet, sorry you chose today to follow my selections, Lingfield is normally pretty solid for me.

The only good thing about being ill is I cant be ar sed to go chasing my money, where normally id probably start lumping on a few and losing more.

will be back with football bets later but id advise to back the opposite to me today.

Shuv
    edited December 2012
    Boom, had £2 e/w on woolfull sovereign (i'm not a big punter :P). Also a 1 pound double with sulpius in the 3.10 at fontwell, hears hoping!

Easy winner. Including single + double, £66.20 returns.

Honest strike, a nice winner for you in the last at lingfield.
    edited December 2012
    Boom, had £2 e/w on woolfull sovereign (i'm not a big punter :P). Also a 1 pound double with sulpius in the 3.10 at fontwell, hears hoping! Easy winner. Including single + double, £66.20 returns. Honest strike to win in the last would be nice Shuv.
    Posted by What_if
    There you go mate :) and now ive finished in profit for the day not bad considering how bad its been
    edited December 2012
    Blinking ****, i decided to go against my old mans bet in the last, Aureate. He's picked out 3 winners and a second for me today from 4 horses lol. I'll have to start posting his selections up here i think, if you don't mind of course.

Nice place for you there at the end adding some value, did timetoring drift?
    edited December 2012
    Blinking ****, i decided to go against my old mans bet in the last, Aureate. He's picked out 3 winners and a second for me today from 4 horses lol. I'll have to start posting his selections up here i think, if you don't mind of course. Nice place for you there at the end adding some value, did timetoring drift?
    Posted by What_if
    Of course I dont mind, I like to see others selections, I backed timetorin at 12/1 this morning it ran at 14/1.  Laid out £620 this morning £740.45 returned so a nice little profit in the end for me to lose on the football tonight.
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Cheers mate! Needed that just before the Chrimbo period. Had a L15 on your 4 e/w selections today. I am also a big Mosconi Cup fan.....love watching it! it seems so simple at times but also love how snooker players like Jimmy White, Steve Davis, Tony Drago etc have all made it look easy. Chris Melling and Darren Appleton are both from 8 ball pool backgrounds too. Then again, Mark Selby is too and he his smashing the snooker circuit!  ***** EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE ****** I hope we shut them arogant yanks up in tonights games!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    2 places for you, sham we couldnt find a winner :(

Glad to have found a couple of Mosconi pool fans in you and Dohhhh im surprised more dont rate it.  I'm not claiming to be the biggest pool fan, but I do like to watch this.  I think the banter is brilliant, and I love how the crowd gets involved, will be cheering Europe on tonight, the mrs wont be happy at missing Holby!
    edited December 2012
    Lovely turn around for you, it was looking quite poor at one point! Off out to play snooker tonight, had a bet on the football for some interest, hope your football bets come in. Good Luck.
    edited December 2012
    Lovely turn around for you, it was looking quite poor at one point! Off out to play snooker tonight, had a bet on the football for some interest, hope your football bets come in. Good Luck.
    Posted by What_if
    Yeah it certainly wasnt looking good, altho I' been a little unforutnate earlier on.  Good Luck with your footy bets heres mine

Cheltenham
    Luton

£30 double at 5.29/1

Sunderland
    Notts County
    Southend

£20 treble 7.46/1

£10 all five 50.64/1

Daily amount laid out = £685
    Daily Returns = £740.45
    Daily profit/loss = £55.45
    Monthly profit/loss = £34.28
    Total profit/loss = £781.46
    edited December 2012
    Wednesday 12/12/12

Well according to father im the all weather king, so with three all weather meetings today it should be a good day.

Kempton

2.15 Master Wizard 10/3 £20 (2nd)
    2.45 Kalokagathia Evens £30 (won returned £60)
    3.15 Secret Rebel 5/1 £20 (No Where)
    3.45 Quadriga 7/2 £20 (3rd)
    4.15 Emulating 5/2 £40 (No Where)
    4.45 Gabrial's King 5/1 £30 (No Where)
      5.15 Mr Knightley 7/2 £20 (won returned £90)5.45 Clapped 3/1 £20

Lingfiled

12.00 Krupskaya 5/2 £20 (No Where)
    12.30 Majuro Evens £40 (won returned £80)
    1.00 Lady Arabella 5/1 £10 (No Where)
    1.30 Hawaana 6/1 £10 (No Where)
    2.00 Syncopate 7/4 £30 (won returned £82.50)
    2.30 Roy the boy 10/3 £20 (2nd)
    3.00 Beat Route 8/1 £10ew (No Where)

3.30 Refreshtheparts 4/1 £20 (won returned £100)

Dundalk

5.30 Hi Emperor 11/2 £20
    6.00 Rummaging 15/8 £30 (won returned £86.25)
    6.30 Won Diamond 2/1 £30 (won returned £90)
    7.00 Gagnant 10/1 ££10ew
    7.30 Thebarberkelly 4/1 £40
    8.00 Castle Guest 5/1 £20

8.30 Jacksonslady 7/1 £10ew 9.00 Urban Ball 7/1 £20

3 £5 placepots

Daily amount laid out = £585
    Daily Returns = £588.75
    Daily profit/loss = £3.75
    Monthly profit/loss = £38.03
    Total profit/loss = £785.21