You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• Options
    chefboy79chefboy79 Member Posts: 668
    edited March 2013
    hi mate this is typical isnt it got a call with info because ive put to many on here that lose i dont post then this happens

11/03/2013 15:01PM
    Single 
    Each Way
    £ 20.00
    £ 270.00
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    same guy says a horse that runs at taunton later called north london will go very very close which now ive told you will lose by a country mile lol
    gl if you get on but dont shoot me please lol
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    hi shuv mate well what a weekend friday till yesterday had one winner and so many seconds cant face betting today but had a call from mate earler just seeing if there is any movement on betting before i get involved or put up worthless info lol will be on tomorrow so excited already
    Posted by chefboy79
    Been a rubbish few days for me as well, inclduing today, need a good Cheltenham now, but confidence at an all time low!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Just the £250 worth of fun bets then! LOL. Nothing wrong with a blow out every now and again mate. It is just the day after it seems wrong when you are suffering :)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Wish id only done fiver a race, another bad day, need to get out of this losing streak asap!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hi mate this is typical isnt it got a call with info because ive put to many on here that lose i dont post then this happens 11/03/2013 15:01PM Single   Each Way £ 20.00 5. Lindsay's Dream - 3:10 Plumpton - Win or Each Way @   20/1   £ 270.00
    Posted by chefboy79

urghhhh beat my selection by a nose as well :(

Well done mate
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tuesday 12th March

Cheltenham

14.05 - Puffin Billy 12/1 £20ew (you can get bigger but going with hills who are paying first 5) (came 5th good old william hill returned £90)
    14.40 - Overturn 7/2 £40 (No Where)
    15.20 - Loch Ba 12/1 £20ew (No Where)
    16.00 - Grandouet 9/1 £20ew (money returned because hurrican fly won £40 returned)
    16.40 - Une Artiste 6/1 £50ew (No Where)
    17.15 - Vulcanite 20/1 £20ew (No Where)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    shuv question for you about your betting do you only do win or e/w only ?
    i do e/w most plus on the nose but i normally do a lucky 15 which if you get some results like you do would be really profitable
    may be you have tried this and has not worked to your fav

getting back to cheltenham bring it on lets bash the bookies till they wave the white flag lol
    i like your selections gl mate
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    shuv question for you about your betting do you only do win or e/w only ? i do e/w most plus on the nose but i normally do a lucky 15 which if you get some results like you do would be really profitable may be you have tried this and has not worked to your fav getting back to cheltenham bring it on lets bash the bookies till they wave the white flag lol i like your selections gl mate
    Posted by chefboy79
    no offence pal but people who do lucky 15s are a bookies dream, its good fun to do but its not wise to do them if your a serious gambler.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited March 2013
    shuv question for you about your betting do you only do win or e/w only ? i do e/w most plus on the nose but i normally do a lucky 15 which if you get some results like you do would be really profitable may be you have tried this and has not worked to your fav getting back to cheltenham bring it on lets bash the bookies till they wave the white flag lol i like your selections gl mate
    Posted by chefboy79
    Try win patents or e/w patents.

Very good value.

3 singles,3 doubles and a treble
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Posted by chefboy79

Lucky 15's was what first got me into betting on the racing, as rock points out was always more of a fun bet, I wouldnt lose too much and it covered 4 races, if you got a couple up great.

I have had a few lucky 15's in this diary but really dont do them that often now, if you do them always find a bookmaker that will give you treble the odds on 1 winner, I'd never do them if they paid less.

Good Luck with whatever you bet mate
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited March 2013
    I might try my luck at laying a little today at Cheltenham, there's no way i can pick any winners out of that lot. I am backing The Head Turner's only ride in the 1st at Southwell though.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wasnt gonig to have any more bets at Cheltenham but decided to have a few extra ew bets on a few outsiders (new times)

15.20 - Midnight Chase 33/1 £5ew (No Where)
    16.00 - Cinder And Ashes 16/1 £5ew (money back because the fly won £10 returned)
    16.40 - Shadow Eile 80/1 £5ew (1 away from being placed urghh)
    17.15 - Rajdhani Express 25/1 £5ew (won returned 166.25)

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited March 2013
    Posted by chefboy79
    really what the others say but I will push my mantra again re singles to doubles and trebles. Shuvs diary proves my point on this as well.

We have been dumbfounded how this man has acheived considerable profit over such a long time. His performance is outstanding. The reason he has done it is that nearly all his horse bets are singles and that brings me to my oft quoted advice. 

NEver put as much money on doubles and trebles as you do singles. Thats why Lucky fifteens rubbish and if you do patents yankees as wynne suggest lump onto the singles part and scale down the multiples.

Would you really put the same on a 5-1 chance as you would a 1500-1 chance because that is what you could be doing.

Here endeth my first lesson for the nth time

LOL

Father V   

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : really what the others say but I will push my mantra again re singles to doubles and trebles. Shuvs diary proves my point on this as well. We have been dumbfounded how this man has acheived considerable profit over such a long time. His performance is outstanding. The reason he has done it is that nearly all his horse bets are singles and that brings me to my oft quoted advice.  NEver put as much money on doubles and trebles as you do singles. Thats why Lucky fifteens rubbish and if you do patents yankees as wynne suggest lump onto the singles part and scale down the multiples. Would you really put the same on a 5-1 chance as you would a 1500-1 chance because that is what you could be doing. Here endeth my first lesson for the nth time LOL Father V   
    Posted by vaigret
    very true, lucky 15s and other multiple bets are just making it easy for the bookie, thats why i neva win, lol allways being greedy trying to get a big win!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Pretty dissapointing start to Cheltenham, none of my main bets came in, except a place in the first race, and that only got placed due to Hill's speical offer.  £5ew on Rajdhani Express  in the last at 25/1 stopped it being a disaster tho and finished £33.75 down.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Football

Coventry
    Southend
    Luton

£100 Treble returns £508.74

Portvale
    Fleetwood
    Gillingham

£50 returns £803.91

Over 2.5 goals

Cardiff v Leicester
    Leeds v peterborough
    Brentford v Swindon
    Coventry v Colchester
    Morecambe v Northampton

£25 returns £634.77

BTTS

Cardiff v Leicester
    Brentfrod v Swindon
    Notts County v Preston
    Stevenage v Bournemouth
    Wycombe v Rotherham

£25 returns £427.50

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2013
    Just placed these 2 bets on Barca tonight

Fixtures 12 March / Barcelona v AC Milan / Correct Score 
    3 - 1Back25774181467 12-Mar-13
    19:49
     122.50 12.6112-Mar-13 19:49  

Fixtures 12 March / Barcelona v AC Milan / First Goalscorer 
    Lionel MessiBack25774140549 12-Mar-13
    19:47
     3.710.00 3.7512-Mar-13 19:48
    I,ve also had £40 on Villa to score at anytime which was evens , but it was an offer where i get a free match up bet on Cheltenham which has to be used tommorow so if you have any tips for Cheltenham tommorow they would be well appreciated

Cheers

Paul

EDIT : boom shakalaka - Messi strikes again

Re EDIT : BOOM
    Betid 30556747300 Time: 20:34 Bet Type: Single Stake: £ 40.00
    EVENT SELECTION PRICE E/W TERMS STATUS
    • Barcelona v AC Milan Champions League
    • Anytime Goal Scorer - 90 Mins
    David Villa 1/1 Win only Unsettled
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just placed these 2 bets on Barca tonight Fixtures 12 March / Barcelona v AC Milan / Correct Score 3 - 1 Back 25774181467 12-Mar-13 19:49   12 2.50   12.61 12-Mar-13 19:49   Fixtures 12 March / Barcelona v AC Milan / First Goalscorer Lionel Messi Back 25774140549 12-Mar-13 19:47   3.7 10.00   3.75 12-Mar-13 19:48 I,ve also had £40 on Villa to score at anytime which was evens , but it was an offer where i get a free match up bet on Cheltenham which has to be used tommorow so if you have any tips for Cheltenham tommorow they would be well appreciated Cheers Paul EDIT : boom shakalaka - Messi strikes again
    Posted by MP33

Well done mate