You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Yet again my log in has expired while actively playing on a final table---I got this stupid notice saying my log in has expired--please relaunch the game from the lobby---My log in was not fluppin expired!!!!, but still I had to relaunch the game, while missing my blinds on the table. If this happened on the final table in the open, it could cost the player a thousand floppin quid!

WHY DOES THIS STUPID NOTICE EVEN EXIST??

WHY AM I TOLD MY LOG IN HAS EXPIRED WHEN IT HAS'NT?

HOW CAN MY LOGIN EXPIRE WHEN I AM ON A FINAL FLUPPIN TABLE PLAYING POKER?

THIS STUPID NOTICE HAS NO PLACE IN A POKER SITE---ITS JUST FIK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    Hey Oynutter.

i'm really sorry to hear about this. i'll forward it straight over to the Poker team. they should hopefully get back to you soon.

all the best and thanks for your patience

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's happened loads of times before rich--but not for a while--I thought they had fixed it----This notice should not even exist in the progam!---How can your login expire while you are actively playing?---When I went back to the lobby, my login had not expired, and all was fine!----As I have pointed out several times before, there is absolutely no valid reason why this stupid notice should even exist!---Try asking the technical team "what is the point of having this notice in the program at all?"---thanks
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    This has also happened to me a few times recently (last couple of weeks) - I don't recall it happening before but I could be wrong.
    A couple of other people have told me that they have also experienced it so it isn't an isolated problem.
  • Options
    igeige Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2009
    hi just thought id let u know same happened to me tonight. 1st time in a while though.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    its a pathetic fault!--It may be a good idea to have a notice saying your log in has expired if you are inactive in the lobby for half an hour, but what is the fluppin point of having one on the floppin tables!!!----stupid!!!!
  • Options
    ANDYBEEANDYBEE Member Posts: 39
    edited November 2009
    this has happend to me too

andybee
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks lads, glad it's not just me anyway--lol--RICH!!!---This notice in the middle of the fluppin table has to be deleted from the progam completely!!!! the only use for it is to stop the play and make players lose blinds and opportunites---Surely it is illegal to throw players off the table at crucial points in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MUST BE SORTED OUT SO THAT IT CANNOT FLUPPIN HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
                                     "all the best and thanks for your patience"

PS---
    I've run right out of fluppin patience----I am convinced this notice is actually ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!

MONEY IS INVOLVED HERE!---IT IS NOT A CONNECTION PROBLEM!

IF THIS STUPID NOTICE IS NOT COMPLETELY REMOVED FROM THE PROGAM I WILL CONTACT THE REGULATORS AND SEEK LEGAL ADVICE ON THE MATTER!

• Options
    fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2009
    In Response to log in expired???--stupid fault!!!!!:
    Yet again my log in has expired while actively playing on a final table---I got this stupid notice saying my log in has expired--please relaunch the game from the lobby---My log in was not fluppin expired!!!!, but still I had to relaunch the game, while missing my blinds on the table. If this happened on the final table in the open, it could cost the player a thousand floppin quid!   WHY DOES THIS STUPID NOTICE EVEN EXIST?? WHY AM I TOLD MY LOG IN HAS EXPIRED WHEN IT HAS'NT? HOW CAN MY LOGIN EXPIRE WHEN I AM ON A FINAL FLUPPIN TABLE PLAYING POKER? THIS STUPID NOTICE HAS NO PLACE IN A POKER SITE---ITS JUST FIK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    yes m8,this is v annoying,happened to me loads of times,worst when i was 3rd in SPT ,8 seat up for Newc......9 players left,when i finally logged back....blinded out......sooooo annoyed
  • Options
    edited December 2009

oy !!!!!

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2009
    jesus christ your flip floppin mad, STOP SHOUTING YOUR DEAFENING ME!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2009
    very interesting and well informed contribution webby--well done!
  • Options
    SpringsSprings Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2009
    Just wanted to chime in on this thread, and say I often have the same problem.

Any updates at all on what the "poker team" had to say?

Thanks.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2009
    Skypoker relies on a fixed IP address for security reasons. If it varies, eventually your login will expire.
    If you access sky poker through a server (from work, say, or a public wi-fi in a hotel for example) your IP address will be variable so after a while you will automatically be logged out.

Don't know if this is the case here, but it's something to be aware of.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    hi bigbluster--your ip address will only change if you disconnect and reconnect--this problem has nothing to do with it.
    It occurs on the table itself while our login has in fact, not expired, and everything in the lobby is fine.

IT IS A NOTICE THAT SHOULD NOT LEGALLY BE ALLOWED ON THE FLUPPIN SITE!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sky_mod1Sky_mod1 Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2009

Hi there,

The problem with the alternating IP issue has been resolved sometime ago.

With the type of error you are experiencing, it is more that fact that your session could have expired on the website itself.

Are you referring the actual error ‘ login expired’ or is to more of a conflicting IP issue?

Regards

Sky Mod1
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi sky mod 1--The issue is that we are being chucked off the tables by a message that says "your login has expired-please relaunch the table from the lobby"---This stupid message closes the table when we click ok (which we have to do)

When we are back in the lobby, our login has not in fact expired and all is fine there?--All this notice does is throw us off the fluppin table--it is just stupid!!!--there is no need for it---why is it on the fluppin site???
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    think it fluppin funny ignoring this issue, do you?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    Hey oynutter,

i've been in touch with the poker team specifically about this issue. they are having trouble re-creating it and need some more info so they can fully get to the bottom of this for you.

the sort of information they need is...

how often is this happening to you?

is it at a set point/ time? (i.e. 5 minutes into a game?)

has this been happening for a while or is this a recent issue?

something else that would also be of great help would be if you could record the time and date when you next experience this problem (just take a look at your PC's clock and note the exact time).

i fully understand this must be extremely frustrating for you so thank you so much for staying patient and thanks again for your help oynutter.

Rich
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi Rich--At last someone seems to be taking this issue seriously--thanks--

I have had this issue on and off for over a year

I have recently noticed that it seems to occur at exactly an hour into a game

I will record the next time it happens, in the meantime, if it's any help, it happened last night -- one hour into the 8.15 deep stack--so you could tell them it happened at 9.15 last night---I think it sometimes happens a t random times, but lately it doe's seem to be at hourly intervals

I can only play deep stacks at the moment because of this problem

I think all the other information they need is in the posts above

And you can tell them that if this issue is not sorted out PRONTO, then I will be telling my MUM, and then we will see how fast the technical team can work----INNIT!