You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

13»

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    I have some questions regarding the login-timeout software.

1) How much inactivity is required to activate the timeout (1 Hour?)

2) How often does the software check the connection to see if the timeout should be activated?

The software obviously has a flaw.

Oddity I encounter daily....

I've noticed that if I stop browsing the forum at say 21:00 for example, then leave it overnight (without logging out & leaving the forum page open in the browser), I can come back the next morning (say 08:00) and continue browsing the forum with it still showing me logged-in. What's odd is that eventually - I timed it recently at 8 minutes but it can be less - it then logs me out as saying I've been inactive, but that 8 minutes or so obviously didn't count.
    I don't HAVE to leave it overnight to see that .. a couple of hours will produce the same effect.

NOW THEN - on the previous version of the website it was different. If I left that at 21:00 as above, and came back in the morning, it would log me out as inactive THE INSTANT I refreshed the forum page.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    nice one Vince-- I don't see any reason why they can do this to players. When this happens to you, is everything fine in the lobby, or are you logged out there too?---- Everything in the lobby is usually fine for me, and I am not logged out, but a couple of times lately, it has logged me out of the lobby also.
  • Options
    Clue55Clue55 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    MereNovice - thank you very much for the extra info - it should be a real help.
    NoseyBonk - your issue is a little different but certainly related to time outs - it might take a little longer to get to the bottom of this as the Forum site is not run from the same systems as the Poker site.

I will investigate both and get back you early next week.

OYNUTTER  - I believe I have found the game you mentioned on your post from the 12th December  - '17:55 last Sunday on a deepstack'. I presunmed that this meant the 6th Decmber but could not see you registered in any Deepstack tournie. I did find you playing a £50 guaranteed at that time - I am presuming that it was in this tournie that the incident ocurred so I am looking into that.

Have a great weekend,

Sky Tech
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In recent manifestations I've certainly been timed out in the lobby too.
    I can't say for sure what the scenario was in the two examples that I've quoted.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: log in expired???--stupid fault!!!!!:
    MereNovice - thank you very much for the extra info - it should be a real help. NoseyBonk - your issue is a little different but certainly related to time outs - it might take a little longer to get to the bottom of this as the Forum site is not run from the same systems as the Poker site. I will investigate both and get back you early next week. OYNUTTER  - I believe I have found the game you mentioned on your post from the 12th December  - '17:55 last Sunday on a deepstack'. I presunmed that this meant the 6th Decmber but could not see you registered in any Deepstack tournie. I did find you playing a £50 guaranteed at that time - I am presuming that it was in this tournie that the incident ocurred so I am looking into that. Have a great weekend, Sky Tech
    Posted by Clue55
    Cheers Clue55.

There's no urgency from my point of view - not for that particular issue - I was mentioning it only as it was a 'login timeout issue' similar to the other guys, and I thought reporting it may help shed some light. However their's is much more serious so focus on that problem.

To get round the issue I mentioned I simply log-out and back in when I return after a long spell away (before the software does it for me). That resets 'the counter'.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thanks techie---It was happening in most of the games I played at one stage, I did get very annoyed because I had a slow connection that took a few minutes to relaunch tables, and even then it often said "unable to connect to table", which obviously increased my frustration and cost me more blinds and opportunities.

I have invested in a faster connection now, so, hopefully, I wont get quite so frustrated by the issue in future, and wont get banned from the forum again---lol----and just you wait till my Mum reads this, she'll give you "entertaining" young man---lol
  • Options
    Clue55Clue55 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    I will continue to look into all the faults mentioned in this thread. As they are all valid concerns.

I should point out thought that if you use usb dongle to connect to the internet the IP can change mid session. Our systems do not like that as it is a potential security risk - logging in from one IP and playing from another.
    Also some ISP's - like my own home one - drop connection quite often. Recently this was every 20 minutes. Which for browsing is no big deal. But if I was logged into a VPN session or playing poker it was a nightmare. (I am on Sky but don't tell my bosses I have been bad mouthing them on here!). I also get less than 1Mb.

Have good weekends and hope the snow is not too much trouble for you all.

Sky Tech

P.S I will change my alias back to the proper one soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hi techie, I appreciate the potential security issues if your ip changes due to disconnection, but in the vast majority of cases I have experienced, the ip has'nt changed and I am still logged in to the lobby, where all is fine.

Also, sky could solve this issue without a security risk by having a separate notice that warns you that your ip has changed and that you must log in again, or you will be disconnected from the table--- chucking people off the table, and asking questions later, is right out of order----INNIT?