You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

craigcu12 diary.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    edited January 2018

craigcu12 said:

Tonight it was the turn of cash poker to have a bad spell and MTT poker to have a great spell.

The table dynampic on the cash tables was a one of my less favoured table dynamics, Alot of the players were less well known players who's game style was that of a loose passive player being passive with everything, I didn't have too many issues at the start of the session but that bad run started to build up and my own game became a boring one. In everyday poker play a KKv JJ set over set would be viewed as a cooler but this one was more like a sickener than a cooler, the reason for this was because the player had L/c me preflop, he then R/C me on the board Kj6hh and B/C me on the turn 2hhh, When the river paired 2 I shoved what was left thinking this hand is mine and become shocked to see him holding the KK. I played for 15 more minutes before giving up on cash poker and becoming total MTT for the night.

Tonight's MTT poker was dominated by the main, mini and SPT semi, The mini was running very well but losing an AI flip against a 27BB player cost me alot of my stack, I did get my stack from 2BB to 12BB thanks to a trip up as AA and double up as Q10s but that was quickly busted when QQ ran into KK. The way I started in the main event, I was highly confident of getting myself past the bubble of this event and work my way onto final table. My stack was building up very well in the early stages, Ch/R my AK on flop 245 like a set proved great because I hit the straight on the turn, When I opted to Ch the turn a value bet my hand on the river my opponent tried to bluff the A meaning I got my stack almost 200BB deep+ a bounty, I could have had a 2nd bounty from AQ hitting two pair but a player 20BB deep doesn't 3bet AK, the full stack could have been won if I cbet A high flop or been able to a bet of his on the turn but he was too passive. My second bounty of the main event came thanks to 99 hitting a set against AJs, I didn't actually need the set because his hand missed. My final bounty of the night came thanks to a JJ getting the set it did need to go ahead of KK and getting this 3rd head prize has proved extra valuable since I exited the MTT just before the bubble. The probably came when I switched tables, I went from being a dominant chipstack to being an average chip stack on a table of large chipstacks, my run in the main event then got even worse when I raised as mid pair on the turn having seen the player D 2BB and cbet 2BB, If I had looked at his/her sharkscope before that hand was played I'd have realized he is a weak passive fish and I'd have been more careful with my aggression. I still had 10-15BB left in the MTT when near the bubble but AK not winning it's flip bust me

Finishing just outside the bubble in the main event might have disappointing my MTT poker tonight has still been a great success because I have won myself a seat into SPT day 1A a direct buy-in into the event itself, The only reason I actually did make a direct entry into this event was because I had high expectation of getting past the bubble of the main event.

My total tonight
    Nl20 -£30.07
    MTT £163.42

Congratulations on the seat Craig I hope you have a great time at the SPT and cash big.

Just an idea stop using fish / donk bad player when describing other players it makes it an uncomfortable read. The above hand is not a sickner in the slightest no matter what you think of their skill level.

Have to agree with that. Years ago, it seemed acceptable to be so rude to what were deemed less-skilled players, these days, thankfully, terms like "fish" in poker are almost never seen.

It could, I suppose, only have happened in poker, where the very players we wanted to play against were so frequently addressed in an insulting manner. Even in professional football, which is morally bankrupt in so many ways, managers like Pep, Arsene & Maureen don't insult teams at the bottom. Maybe Craig was just in a bad mood, he does not usually do it afaicr, & I'm quite certain he never meant to insult anyone.

And yeah, well done on the SPT Seat Craig - see you in Manchester.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960

craigcu12 said:

Tonight it was the turn of cash poker to have a bad spell and MTT poker to have a great spell.

The table dynampic on the cash tables was a one of my less favoured table dynamics, Alot of the players were less well known players who's game style was that of a loose passive player being passive with everything, I didn't have too many issues at the start of the session but that bad run started to build up and my own game became a boring one. In everyday poker play a KKv JJ set over set would be viewed as a cooler but this one was more like a sickener than a cooler, the reason for this was because the player had L/c me preflop, he then R/C me on the board Kj6hh and B/C me on the turn 2hhh, When the river paired 2 I shoved what was left thinking this hand is mine and become shocked to see him holding the KK. I played for 15 more minutes before giving up on cash poker and becoming total MTT for the night.

Tonight's MTT poker was dominated by the main, mini and SPT semi, The mini was running very well but losing an AI flip against a 27BB player cost me alot of my stack, I did get my stack from 2BB to 12BB thanks to a trip up as AA and double up as Q10s but that was quickly busted when QQ ran into KK. The way I started in the main event, I was highly confident of getting myself past the bubble of this event and work my way onto final table. My stack was building up very well in the early stages, Ch/R my AK on flop 245 like a set proved great because I hit the straight on the turn, When I opted to Ch the turn a value bet my hand on the river my opponent tried to bluff the A meaning I got my stack almost 200BB deep+ a bounty, I could have had a 2nd bounty from AQ hitting two pair but a player 20BB deep doesn't 3bet AK, the full stack could have been won if I cbet A high flop or been able to a bet of his on the turn but he was too passive. My second bounty of the main event came thanks to 99 hitting a set against AJs, I didn't actually need the set because his hand missed. My final bounty of the night came thanks to a JJ getting the set it did need to go ahead of KK and getting this 3rd head prize has proved extra valuable since I exited the MTT just before the bubble. The probably came when I switched tables, I went from being a dominant chipstack to being an average chip stack on a table of large chipstacks, my run in the main event then got even worse when I raised as mid pair on the turn having seen the player D 2BB and cbet 2BB, If I had looked at his/her sharkscope before that hand was played I'd have realized he is a weak passive fish and I'd have been more careful with my aggression. I still had 10-15BB left in the MTT when near the bubble but AK not winning it's flip bust me

Finishing just outside the bubble in the main event might have disappointing my MTT poker tonight has still been a great success because I have won myself a seat into SPT day 1A a direct buy-in into the event itself, The only reason I actually did make a direct entry into this event was because I had high expectation of getting past the bubble of the main event.

My total tonight
    Nl20 -£30.07
    MTT £163.42

Congratulations on the seat Craig I hope you have a great time at the SPT and cash big.

Just an idea stop using fish / donk bad player when describing other players it makes it an uncomfortable read. The above hand is not a sickner in the slightest no matter what you think of their skill level.

I'm so sorry for sounding so insulting
    What happened with the above hand was I got over excited thinking I was gonna win it for sure.

I don't mean to be insulting when I say these things, it's my autism, I'm always getting very highly detailed when doing these things which end up making things sound more offensive than they meant to be, my humour is the same, people who know and understand me will accept my humour any day but those who don't will view my feel insulted by my humour.

If my diary is too insulting I'll happily scrap it altogether because I'm more of a maths person than an english person, my wording isn't very well set up because I always say my sentences when typing, and doing a post can take 1-2 hours adjusting my mistakes so people can understand it better, the reason this can take so long is, I start confusing myself doing big adjustments in my mistakes and worry will start creeping in as well.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    edited January 2018
    You are fine Craig, it was more addressed to everyone.

And don't worry about mistakes in the Blog, they really don't matter at all.
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Hi Craig, I am genuinely delighted you got a seat and have a lot of admiration for the effort you put in . It wasn't meant as a criticism just an idea to make your posts more reader friendly.
  • Options
    I don't have much to say about tonight's poker. I was running good at the start and cashed out in the 6:30 £1000BH. I looked to be in with a chance to cash out in 7:45 1000BH, my night came came to an end when I bubbled that tournament thanks to 99 running into JJ. I still had other MTTs going at the time, I called an end to my cash poker their and then. My run in the mini came to an end not long after that exit, holding KQs at the time I opted to call a 10BB all in, I as the straight draw shoved the flop, a player with a straight calls busting me, I can only blame myself for that really why not shove my stack preflop to isolate the two limpers although one of those limpers would have still called having limped AKs.

No real damage was done from that bubble exit, the good runs I had in the mini and 9:30 ruy BH didn't guaranteed me cash out, ending the cash tables was the main thing because I was in a short profit on them at the time.

Nl20 £18
    mTT -£16.97
  • Options
    The poker gods have been very picky with me today.
    I had an hour on some cash poker at 2:30 this afternoon, in that time a cooler as KKv AA and AKsv AQ alongside a badbeat and sickening river card helped create a loss of £90. I did make a return to the cash tables at5:30 and was going ok, those cash tables didn't actually last long themselves this time because of lack of players and tables to play.

My tournament poker didn't go very well either. My run in the semi was going nowhere, the 6:30 1KBH wasn't very easy either, lack of premium pairs would prove very hard because a very loose large stack caller was sitting to the left of, he was constantly L/c my raise and donking the flops and I would go on to fold thinking the only way I could make him fold is doing a shove which could still be risky knowing how wide he'd call. Poker did begin to turn my way for a small period in takedown 1, takedown2 on the other hand came to a quick end thanks to KK running into AA. The thing that concluded my day most of all was the main event, I decided to make a direct entry into that event, getting that great run in saturday;'s main event and the SPT semi, I had belief in being able to run in this well but no it was the very opposite, decision making was poor, I wasn't keen on loose betting and lost focus on poker altogether having made an early exit in the main event thanks to top set running into straight. I will be more cautious of main events in the future, if my cash poker has been running well and I'm running ok in the other tournaments on the day then I'll make a direct entry into the main event, if that day I'm having a bad run on cash and or don't feel very relaxed with the current MTTs I'll leave the main event alone uness I've entered via a semi.

The reason I say the poker gods have been very picky with me and not nasty is the 50K main freeroll, to get past the bubble of this tournament requires massive amounts of luck, I won 22 hands in this MTT, of those 15 saw me shove pre, 8 got calls the other 7 folds, 2 of the other 7 I was all in on the turn and 2 I was able to bet on the river on two occassions, it wasn't perfection mind because twice my AI pre would lose and once I was all in on the flop and lost. It was great to get into sunday's main event and this sunday has a special main event which is even better.

cash poker -£90.60
    MTT -£56.2 and entry into sunday's main event
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Summary of january

This month might have been a poor month personally but the poker side of things was astonishing for the majority of this month. My intention at the beginning of this year was to try and cash out in MTTs and play nl10p cash along side the MTTs to win back the entry fees and build my BR up at a slow pace. Winning myself that 1000BH allowed me to take an early leap, my BR itself was now restored to a size it was before having that awful downswing and long break (taking away all the cash from 2nd place in highroller). I now opted to return myself onto nl20p cash and play those along side some MTTs, I didn't cash very much else in the MTTs but I did get alot of good runs, I also made it through to SPT day 1a thanks to passing the bubble of a semi aswell as getting entry into the sundays big major MTT thanks to entry from a freeroll.

That run lasted for 27 days, I did have a poor run at the start of week 4 but that was quickly put to one side mid week, I didn't bother updating that poker game because I needed an early night from volenteering twice that week. I was gonna do an update of my diary monday but that night was filled with negativity alot of which came from my own bad decisions, the same thing happened tuesday and it continued into wednesday, the only thing positive about the last 3 days is I got entry into monday's main event via a freeroll but even than seems regretful knowing I could have cashed out the £33 tournament fee rather than play it at a bad time.

my cash prizes this month
    cash poker £57.31
    MTT poker £170.81 (including the £220 SPT seat)
    rake and rewards £46.37
    Overall £274.49
  • Options
    It's been a very positive day, the bad run i've been on recently made me dedicate Thursday and Friday's poker game to cash and freerolls alone. The run I had the last few days had made me feel a bit tilted, I choose to play n tables tables at once on thursday with a mixture of both nl10 and nl20p, nl20p was still my major table having some nl10p tables along side nl20 helped make winning hands come more often therefore variance was less likely to accumulate. I didn't actually obtain profit from cash that did but my £16.50 winning prize in the freeroll made the cash loss into a day's profit
    cash poker -£11.87
    MTT £16.50

Friday's poker shows I've returned to a decent poker game, having issues with my TV meant I was unable to watch TV and going out wasn't really a good choice because it was cold, I was gonna start playing poker mid day but their was hardly any nl10 or nl20 tables about therefore I spent a few hours looking deeping into Thursday's hand history. My first session of the day was around 3pm, my run in that session fealt like a solid and strong one, alot of what I won during that session was down to winning coolers. THE total won that session was £59.85.
    Session 2 of poker proved what a difference it makes being in a happy an confident mood. Friday is a time when the tables can get very LAG, when I'm on a bad run todays table dynamic can be a bad thing, hands which should have been called are folded, betting strength for value and getting maximum value from loose callers isn't always as easy, being on a good run and feeling very confidient meant the opposite thing, I might have called more hand that I should have called in this evenings session, I might have also over bet my strength on occassions therefore losing lue from those hands which could have called, looking at it in a positive way this does my game is very well mixed sometimes I fold too much other times I fold too little and I over bet and under bet strength. I was just short of £100 in this session winning a total prize of £99.66, I also won £1.60 in the freeroll

Cash £159.51
    MTT £1.60
  • Options
    Looking back at that bad spell I had at the beginning of the week, I remember myself feeling tired at the time, I was also grinding my way through a mobile phone game to complete attempting to get myself top 3 in one of it's challenges. The run I've had over the weekend shows friday wasn't a lucky day, I've now pulled myself round again and avoided allowing that short bad run to become a down swing.

My cash prize over the whole week end £91.98

• Options
    Last year I told myself to maybe scrap cash and play MTT poker now. I can now confirm I'm back to being a nl20p regular and gonna change my mind. I enjoy myself way more on nl20p cash than I did on nl4, my daily cash prizes on nl20 are very similar in size to the bigger cash prizes won in low stakes MTTs and best of all I now see myself in the same position I was before that massive down swing. I will b playing some MTTs, my overall ambition is to get myself onto higher stakes cash which I was doing originally, one thing that is changing is i'm with drawing most good prizes won from MTTs.
  • Options
    This weeks poker has been extremely tiring, it's partly the reason I've not made an update.

I can't remember Monday's session very well, the cash poker itself begun at 6pm and finished between 00:00-1:00, it did have a few pure bluffs which failed to work at the mid stage of that session, being in a thinkers mode and losing those I opted to continue playing until players disappeared and it was too late to bother adding new tables.
    The total cash that day was a profit of £1.01

A very late finish monday and a very early morning Wednesday meant I didn't bother playing any cash Tuesday.

Wednesday did have a cash session but it was only an hour long, it was gonna go on until I had an exit in the 1k freeroll but I was starting to feel tired and knew thursday required an early morning therefore I ended it early with a cash prize of £15.17

Doing volenteering work two days in a row left me very tired thursday night therefore I didn't bother playing.

Friday was another extremely long session, again it started at 6pm finishing sometime between 00:00 and 1:00. Most Friday's I can expect to come out with a very nice profit by doing hero calls from LAG but I made some very poor calls at the early stages of this session turning a normally risky but profitable night of hero calling turned into a night where the amount of risky but profitably hero calling was done as often, I did on two occasions turn that loss into a win but a few coolers and some aggressive play from a table reg made those recoverys become losses again.
    The Total lost that session was £32.43

I played for 5 minute on Saturday before stopping because I was too tired. I won £1.06

Getting tired of this long and tiring post well not to worry because my report of sunday is a short a simple one, I didn't feel tired at all but did have a short than average cash session with a larger than average cash prize. 1 cash hand alone won me £215BB and the tables were starting to empty therefore I called it a day.
    My total profit today was £69.73 which includes a loss of £7.80 from SPT AI
  • Options
    It might be a Monday on the calendar but the type of action seen on some of the poker tables tonight made the day seem more like a friday than a monday. The LAG tables as a whole was a large mixture sometimes player bluffed missed draw when I showed weakness, then came the times when my deceptively played hands faced pure bluffs from total air, their was also the odd time a player over bet a good but beatable hand. The biggest evidence of loose play was noticed in my evening cash session, I was on my way towards losing what was won from cash in the afternoon.

total profit
    cash poker £80.69
  • Options
    The cash poker tables in recent days have been very kind to me. Getting that SPT seat from a semi meant I wasn't gonna bother making a direct entry into SPT Day1B at all even if I had a poor chip stack from day 1A. The cash prizes I've won recently from cash poker have changed that plan completely, I might now do a direct entry into D1B if day 1A chip stack is poor.

Total profit the last two days £132.87

This is highly likely to be my final bit of cash poker until after the SPT event, I don't really bother doing much cash poker in the afternoon and the PDC premier league darts are on TV in the evening.
  • Options
    I have got alot to learn if i'm gonna go to this year's SPTs in Nottingham and glasgow.

I had an excellent time socially meeting up with fellow sky poker players and doing live cash poker with some of my well known online cash poker players, the downside to this SPT manchester is it was filled with mistakes. The mistakes begun prior to the SPt, hotel confusion and bad planned cost me cash from booking myself into cheap hotels, the money spent on that hotel would become wasted en I changed my mind opting for a different hotel at the final week before going and could get my money back for the original hotel.
    Day 1a of the SPT tournament begun poorly, lots of chips were wasted at the start of the tournament thanks to a LAG style of play. The poor start to day 1a didn't go on the whole day because an incredible evening on nl£1/£1 live cash poker allowed me a profit of £400-£500.

Day 1b of the tournament didn't go much better either this time I became too passive in a spot with QQ cause making an normally easy to fold turn scare card become a more likely call card as the villians range was wide, my hand was highly likely to be a premium hand which he'd be attempting to make fold. my stack size was down to 15000 but an attempt to double up lost half that therefore I give up and switched to cash, the cash was very good to start, the issue in cash was I turned overly tight folding hands which should have been called and making my stack drain down, my final outcome on this cash night was £70 but I know very well it could have been alot more.

D2 I was unable to take a chipstack into day 2 of the tournament therefore I spend alot of that day on nl£1/£1 cash. My time on this cash was very fun socially but social fun proved increbily costly. My mental autism made a social time with one player become misunderstood, what happened was he'd been joking on about me going on tilt following a bad start unfortunately i took his words too seriously and started to turn a bit tilted. I might have lost some chips whilst he was on the table but my overall cash prizes were still in profit the real damage was caused from a very social time with donttellmum along side some other fellow regulars, what happened here was I had so much fun socially I didn't for one minute think of the risk it's doing to my cash, I went on to lose a massive £600 in cash that day

Overall loss from the SPT roughly £400
  • Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2018
    @craigcu12 was it your AQ that beat my K8 when you misclick bet 15k into a 2.5k pot on Friday?
  • Options

@craigcu12 was it your AQ that beat my K8 when you misclick bet 15k into a 2.5k pot on Friday?

it's true yeh, very unlucky mate
  • Options
    ImplicityyImplicityy Member Posts: 65
    craigcu12 said:

No worries mate.

You still had 20k back and I could see the look on your face that it was a genuine mistake, so I shoved to protect my hand hoping you'd fold, was just unlucky my 85% was not the best hand on the river but no grudges held mate, I would call if I knew the gutshot was coming in on the river :)

• Options

craigcu12 said:

No worries mate.

You still had 20k back and I could see the look on your face that it was a genuine mistake, so I shoved to protect my hand hoping you'd fold, was just unlucky my 85% was not the best hand on the river but no grudges held mate, I would call if I knew the gutshot was coming in on the river :)

The problem you had is the hand was rigged
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    This SPT might have seen me make a loss very similar in size to the amount I lost from the previous SPT Manchester but losing it in the way caused what was heading toward what could have been highly damaging to my online bankroll through chasing.

Monday's poker certainly contained some chasing in it, I was making a number of loose calls that day and attempting to win as many hands as possible, the overall cost of this was a loss of £98.38 plus an extra £5.50 lost from MTT

Cash poker -£98.38
    MTT -£5.50

Tuesday contained a lot of chasing as well starting this morning when I opted to play on some cash tables at I time I'd never normally consider playing cash poker, I went on to lose an extra £60.86 in that cash session. The afternoon poker didn't get off to the greatest of starts either but this bad run was not gonna last throughout the session, listening to prime mind helped get rid of any stress I had at the time enabling me to think way more better when making poker decisions. The cash poker I had the rest of the evening had enabled me to recover all the losses I made so far from tuesday's poker but the story doesn't end their because monday's poker losses were also recovered thanks to me taking down the £1K freeroll winning myself the £100 and I almost got past the bubble of the other freeroll where I would cash out an extra £33.

Cash poker £10.79
    MTT £100
  • Options
    Time for some adjustments to my poker game ambitions.

I managed to get myself back into aspers casino today and came out with a cash prize of £57profit. I couldn't have asked for a much better start when an AA was dealt and got doubled up having hit gone AI on turn as set and surviving the draw. I mighthave made too tight a fold as 67s flush, the trouble was I got ch/R on the flop and faced a cbet on the turn, I could see him doing a shove on the river and as a low flush this would put me in an awful spot therefore I folded the turn. My game didn't end in the best of way, Ch/C as TP turned 2 pair on a board Aqx J x cost me a large amount of my profit, this spot had alot more reason to fold than that 76s therefore I called that my last hand leaving with a profit of £57.

I've made profit in 3 of the last 4 cash live cash sessions the one time I didn't make profit I simply didn't care about my cash and getting myself back into aspers casino newcastle means I've now got a live cash poker game that's easy to visit therefore I'm changing my ambition.

My aim now is to try and obtain £100 worth of poker from online play during the week, This cash prize will then be used on live cash poker once a week where I'll play either 25p/50p or £1/£1 cash poker.