You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

rspca12 vs FeelGroggy £1200 UKOPS Side Bet Rematch

FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
After a rather unsuccessful bet on the forum a few UKOPS' ago, @rspca12 and I are once again having a side bet over the course of the upcoming UKOPS festival. Chris managed to triumph in our last bet by virtue of doing the least ****, as his -£1.6k UKOPS was enough for him to scoop the most profit over the series. The less said about that the better. Hopefully this UKOPS goes a little bit more favorably.

We will both be wagering £600 each on the outcome of UKOPS.
£300 of that will go towards a podium style point system that we have made in absence of a best player leaderboard, for UKOPS tournaments only. The points system is similar to the recent Podium promotion:
1st 10 (15 points for a main event)
2nd 8
3rd 6
4th 5
5th 4
6th 3
Min Cash 1

£200 will be awarded for the player with the most profit in all tournaments from Friday 26th October- Sunday 4th November, in accordance to sharkscope. (any decent scores that scope misses will count) If either player scoops the loser has to pay another £100 as a punishment to make it a nice £600 for the victor. I just hope whoever wins finishes in profit this time!

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    In, glgl!

Are you both planning on playing every single event, all 10 days?
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    Lets be having u groggy i won last time. I expect same result this time. Should be gd match. Be interested to see who the community think will win.
  • Options

In, glgl!

Are you both planning on playing every single event, all 10 days?

Yes. Purposely made it a volume based side bet to encourage more volume. Prop bet is primarily for extra grind motivation as well as a fun challenge.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Sounds like fun - good luck guys :)

Can us railbirds expect daily forum updates on progress?
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    and if it is a draw on points ? donation to the rspca maybe lol

i think you will both finish on the same points. @rspca12 will win the total cash by a whisker ( less than £100 difference )
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Daily updates would be really good :) gl to both
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hi yeah we will both do updates daily if we can sure at least one if not both will update thread every day.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
    Will watch this thread with interest...good luck to you both
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited October 2018
    Hows about a forfeit for the loser? or if someone scoops instead of the 100 extra?

loser has to wear an outfit provided by the winner for day 1 of the next SPT?
    loser has to skip everywhere at the next SPT?
    Cinnamon challenge. take a tbsp of cinnamon and swallow it. Then post video to youtube?

Im sure there will be plenty of possible ideas...
  • Options

Hows about a forfeit for the loser? or if someone scoops instead of the 100 extra?

loser has to wear an outfit provided by the winner for day 1 of the next SPT?
    loser has to skip everywhere at the next SPT?
    Cinnamon challenge. take a tbsp of cinnamon and swallow it. Then post video to youtube?

Im sure there will be plenty of possible ideas...

Good idea but think we'll stick with the £100 forfeit this time around even if the idea of Chris skipping everywhere at SPT sounds marvellous. Why don't you and @MattBates back one of us each and have the same bet? ;)
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Haha, nice turn around. Maybe we will! (We won't)
  • Options
    Loaded up a tournament session the day before the bet started to get back into the swing of things and managed to ship the Quickdraw:
    FeelGroggy 150000 1 £300 + £261.32 Head Prizes

Chris decided to one up me though and won the **** Sheriff, knocking me out on the way:
    rspca12 265000 1 £490.25 + £391.87 Head Prizes 8

That's it. Think we've both peaked before the challenge has even begun. Will still give it a shot though :)

In good news Chris did not manage to make profit in the midnight express which puts him in the negative and is included in the bet as it started on UKOPS day, so as of now I'm winning the bet!
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Loaded up a tournament session the day before the bet started to get back into the swing of things and managed to ship the Quickdraw:

Chris decided to one up me though and won the **** Sheriff, knocking me out on the way:

That's it. Think we've both peaked before the challenge has even begun. Will still give it a shot though :)

In good news Chris did not manage to make profit in the midnight express which puts him in the negative and is included in the bet as it started on UKOPS day, so as of now I'm winning the bet!

Wow, surprised you played that. It is super reggy game, is the ultimate boss game to win.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    Type your comment
    MattBates said:

Wow, surprised you played that. It is super reggy game, is the ultimate boss game to win.
    For those that missed that oh-so-unsubtle hint, the winner of Midnight Express was.....

@MattBates

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Let the fun begin wp mr bates on your awesome victory in express. Defo a true test of your skills. Today ukops sched looks like this. https://i.gyazo.com/5b61f087eeb4949f9050aef580abe8b5.png
    Grogy only chance tbh is in the turbo and hyper at 10 pm and 11pm. He struggles in the long formats. He does have a skill like mr bates of winning flips so tends to do well in 7 mins blind comps or less.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    glgl both :) will read with interest :)
  • Options
    Started at 3pmish with Chris already on and both of us played 12 hour sessions. Both of us were eager to hit the ground running and unfortunately it just didn't happen for either of us today.
    I decided I'd opt to brick all the UKOPS events and instead win 2 £11bh which aren't nearly as useful to the bet. Still lost £60 on the session despite winning two tournaments which feels harsh.
    Currently there's a weird balancing act between needing to do some decent grinding for this bet, but also feeling an inability to pass up good spin up tables. Not sure what the correct balance is. I run into the danger of loading up a load of tables and auto piloting everything which is pretty catastrophic for my UKOPS win rate. Guess will figure it out as I go. Fortunately did decent at spin ups so today wasnt a total write off. Still enjoyed playing tournaments despite losing on them. We go again tomorrow (today).
  • Options
    Does the prop bet include all MTT's played over the period of UKOPS, or is it limited to the UKOPS events only?

Either way, 2 wins in a day ain't too shabby :)
  • Options

Does the prop bet include all MTT's played over the period of UKOPS, or is it limited to the UKOPS events only?

The profit side bet applies to all tournaments, but the point side bet applies to UKOPS only.
  • Options

The profit side bet applies to all tournaments, but the point side bet applies to UKOPS only.
    Gotcha.

I feel a bit thick now as it clearly states that in the OP :D

glgl