You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Making a Murderer

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,968
I don't know if many people have watched it on Netflix, but I just watched season 2. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse it does.

It is a shocking portrait of the American Legal System.

Comments

• Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I started watching it but thought it was boring lol wasnt what i expected,
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

Good story.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

I think he is 55, has been locked up for 31 of them, and may have been innocent of both crimes.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,724
    My son has watched all episodes so far, he recommended I watch it, he told me snippets of what’s happening and the ins and outs of the local police force dealing with the alleged crime.

In these days of Trump, Brexit, ‘Hero TOMMY’ and the rise of the far right not much shocks or surprises me, but this is on another level....
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

I think he is 55, has been locked up for 31 of them, and may have been innocent of both crimes.
    Who? I only watched first Episode.
    And it wasn't a story.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    The only one I truly felt sorry for was the son, Brandon. The way the police officers manipulated him on tape when he was first brought in was unbelievable
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    yeah im on ep 5 of second series , the things that new lawyer found out by doing some digging could have saved him in the first place if she was there , avery was due a very large payout for his first stint in jail and then he is set up imo

will watch 2 tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

The only one I truly felt sorry for was the son, Brandon. The way the police officers manipulated him on tape when he was first brought in was unbelievable

Brandon was his nephew.
    He had learning difficulties.
    The police conned him into giving his confession.
    He genuinely thought if he confessed, he would be able to get to school to hand his project in, and stay out of trouble.
    The police fed him every bit of information that he would be aware of if he was there when she was killed.
    He said his uncle cut her throat while she was handcuffed to the bed, yet they didn't find one spot of blood in the bedroom.

A judge ruled that he could be released subject to the prosecution retrying him in 90 days.

The prosecution appealed, and 3 judges voted 2 to 1 in favour of standing by the first judges decision.

The prosecution appealed again and this time 7 judges voted 4 to 3 in favour of letting him rot in jail.

So the poor sod went from being a couple of days of being released to being stuck in jail until 2048.

Anyone that thinks he has been treated fairly is an absolute idiot.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And it wasn't a story.
    You must have watched the wrong programme.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

My son has watched all episodes so far, he recommended I watch it, he told me snippets of what’s happening and the ins and outs of the local police force dealing with the alleged crime.

In these days of Trump, Brexit, ‘Hero TOMMY’ and the rise of the far right not much shocks or surprises me, but this is on another level....

It is well worth a watch.
  • Options
    johnjoe81 said:

yeah im on ep 5 of second series , the things that new lawyer found out by doing some digging could have saved him in the first place if she was there , avery was due a very large payout for his first stint in jail and then he is set up imo

will watch 2 tomorrow :)

Just looking at the lawyers that have represented him and Brandon have really emphasised the massive difference in quality of the legal profession in the USA.
    His latest lawyer is absolutely brilliant, she checks and rechecks everything. She consults the very best experts about every aspect of the case. All this has paid off, but it made their previous representation seem very ineffective.
    I wouldn't like to be accused of a serious crime in the USA if I didn't have much money.
    Maybe its just as bad over here, I don't know.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And it wasn't a story.
    The shortened version of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9Ae9-4aak
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    Brendan dassey not Brandon, not that it matters :D
  • Options
    johnjoe81 said:

Brendan dassey not Brandon, not that it matters :D

ok
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And it wasn't a story.
    Sorry I thought you wasn’t being sarcastic and saying my comment was a good story.
  • Options
    Steven Avery is a remarkable man.
    When I hear someone is prison claiming that they were framed, I would usually treat the claim with the utmost scepticism.
    Yet Steven Avery, who had cut his finger, left a blood stain in the victims vehicle, when driving it to hide it on his property.
    Yet the remarkable thing is that he managed to do this without leaving a single fingerprint.
    He therefore opened the door without leaving prints on the door handle, steered it with no prints on the steering wheel, and changed gear with no prints on the gear stick.

You could of course argue gloves, but if so how did the blood get there. You cant surely have it both ways. Gloves and no prints, but also no blood stain. Or a bloodstain and fingerprints.

According to Brendan his mentally challenged nephew, the victim was shackled to the bed, but the shackles left no marks, or scratches when she was struggling for her life.
    He also stated that she was stabbed in the stomach, and her throat was cut while she was still alive. Yet not a single drop of blood was found.
    They then took her to the garage where Steven Avery according to Brendan, shot her 10 times. The police say he shot her twice, as they found two bullets in the garage.

Again, not a single drop of blood was found in the garage. This is surely not just remarkable, but totally impossible.

• Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

HAYSIE said:

K0BAYASHl said:

And it wasn't a story.
    Sorry I thought you wasn’t being sarcastic and saying my comment was a good story.
    You should contact Netflix about your story.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    im watching it now , simply unreal ...Free Steven Avery and Brandon