You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    goldon said:

You should regard insults as terms of endearment without you to argue with, they are just yes boys. "Zombie" Remainers to the non elected members in the Political Union that is the EU. Their children will not thank them for trying to keep them in Europe where they would have no voice or vote. Thankfully this will not happen Democracy will triumph

disclaimer; I do not do Serious. lol

Definitely worth a re-quote .
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to say but the not so independant , is guilty of putting out fake news , and anyone who swallows it is guilty of being immensely gullible .
    thebrexitparty.org was registered in February , all these donkeys have done is create one similar in the hope of creating mischief . Really mature eh ?
  • Options
    A YouGov poll taken on Wednesday and Thursday puts the Tories on 28 per cent if there were a general election tomorrow, down four points since the start of the month. Labour are on 32, up 1, and Lib Dems are on 11. Ukip is on 6 per cent, and the Brexit Party, launched yesterday by Nigel Farage, is on 8 per cent, meaning that the combined pro-Brexit, anti-deal parties are the third biggest force in politics. Change UK, which started as the Independent Group, is on 3 per cent.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-tory-support-collapses-to-lowest-level-in-six-years-9vt8gf9hg

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055

goldon said:

You should regard insults as terms of endearment without you to argue with, they are just yes boys. "Zombie" Remainers to the non elected members in the Political Union that is the EU. Their children will not thank them for trying to keep them in Europe where they would have no voice or vote. Thankfully this will not happen Democracy will triumph

So they cant vote in the EU election then?
  • Options

Sorry to say but the not so independant , is guilty of putting out fake news , and anyone who swallows it is guilty of being immensely gullible .
    thebrexitparty.org was registered in February , all these donkeys have done is create one similar in the hope of creating mischief . Really mature eh ?
    When did drawing attention to quotes made by prominent members of the leave campaign, become fake news?
  • Options
    ‘Patriotic’ Nigel Farage MOST POPULAR UK public figure outside Tory and Labour parties

NIGEL FARAGE is the “most popular" UK public figure not in the Conservative or Labour parties, according to recently released YouGov data which used more than a thousand British responses.
    The YouGov data explains he is the “first most famous” and “first most popular” UK “other” figure, according to responses from 3,767 interviews conducted between May 15 2018 and October 31 2018.

The category took into account all public figures who were not members of the two largest UK political parties.

Including Labour and Conservative figures he ranked the sixth most popular.

Commenting on the results, the UK pollster said: “Nigel Farage is described by fans as: in touch with ordinary people, stands up for ordinary people, good speaker, patriotic and a leader.”

Known for his pint-drinking populism, Mr Farage was most popular among the baby boomer generation, with 32 percent expressing a positive opinion on the lively politician.
    He was also more popular among men, with 31 percent holding a positive opinion of him.

Commenting on the news, Jonathan Bullock, MEP for the East Midlands, told Express.co.uk: “Nigel is the most influential political figure of this century.

“He reaches the parts other politicians dare not go near.
  • Options

A YouGov poll taken on Wednesday and Thursday puts the Tories on 28 per cent if there were a general election tomorrow, down four points since the start of the month. Labour are on 32, up 1, and Lib Dems are on 11. Ukip is on 6 per cent, and the Brexit Party, launched yesterday by Nigel Farage, is on 8 per cent, meaning that the combined pro-Brexit, anti-deal parties are the third biggest force in politics. Change UK, which started as the Independent Group, is on 3 per cent.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-tory-support-collapses-to-lowest-level-in-six-years-9vt8gf9hg

Thays a big drop compared to the 82% they got in the Express poll that you posted?
  • Options
  • Options

‘Patriotic’ Nigel Farage MOST POPULAR UK public figure outside Tory and Labour parties

NIGEL FARAGE is the “most popular" UK public figure not in the Conservative or Labour parties, according to recently released YouGov data which used more than a thousand British responses.
    The YouGov data explains he is the “first most famous” and “first most popular” UK “other” figure, according to responses from 3,767 interviews conducted between May 15 2018 and October 31 2018.

The category took into account all public figures who were not members of the two largest UK political parties.

Including Labour and Conservative figures he ranked the sixth most popular.

Commenting on the results, the UK pollster said: “Nigel Farage is described by fans as: in touch with ordinary people, stands up for ordinary people, good speaker, patriotic and a leader.”

Known for his pint-drinking populism, Mr Farage was most popular among the baby boomer generation, with 32 percent expressing a positive opinion on the lively politician.
    He was also more popular among men, with 31 percent holding a positive opinion of him.

Commenting on the news, Jonathan Bullock, MEP for the East Midlands, told Express.co.uk: “Nigel is the most influential political figure of this century.

“He reaches the parts other politicians dare not go near.

So does that put him behind roughly 570 Tory and Labour MPs?
  • Options

goldon said:

The blind leading the blind.
  • Options
    My Brexit Party will give people the chance to change politics for good
    Three years after the British people voted decisively to take back their independence, they have a chance to speak again. The new Brexit Party will ask the electorate not only to support a clean break from the European Union, but also to begin a political revolution in the UK.

No Brexiteer – least of all me – wanted to contest the European elections on 23 May. But from disaster springs opportunity. Next month’s enforced ballot will allow us to bring about a far wider change in our broken political system.

I attended the European Summit this week. Frankly, it was an embarrassment. European leaders dined in fine style while deciding Britain’s future. That it has come to this is nothing short of a national humiliation. That bullying triumvirate of unelected EU bureaucrats Donald Tusk, Jean-Claude Juncker and Michel Barnier know this only too well.

Regardless of your political view, nobody should want to see their leader humbled on the world stage as Theresa May has been. With that said, I am not certain that there are many others in her party, or indeed the House of Commons, who could have been much more effective. The fact is, our ruling class no longer believes in Britain. In them, there is a blithe acceptance of managed decline.

I feel differently. We are a great nation and a great people. But we are being held back by weak leadership. The time to change this is now.

Several months ago, I sensed that we would have to fight the European elections. That is why I set up the Brexit Party. Starting from scratch in the last few weeks, we have assembled a team of candidates and organisers who all believe that Britain deserves better.

This morning/on Friday morning, we will launch our campaign at a factory in Coventry. Our ambitions are high. We see the next few weeks as the beginning of a fightback against an establishment that has wilfully betrayed our trust.
    But this is not a time to be angry or despondent. For something far more significant is going on. I now believe that the Brexit vote was just the start of a bigger move to radically change and update our entire structure of government. Indeed, the word ‘Brexit’ is no longer just about leaving the European Union. It symbolises a wider battle between the people and the politicians. Our two-party system is shattered. It must be put out of its misery. The electorate has the power to effect this desperately needed change if it acts now.

The early signs of political support are encouraging. Former Tory MP and lifelong Conservative member Michael Brown has become a registered supporter of the Brexit Party. I was also amazed to hear the former Tory minister Ann Widdecombe declare that, having campaigned for the Conservatives at every election since 1970, she would vote for us in the European elections if we have the right candidates. And I hear stories from the House of Lords of Crossbench and Conservative peers saying they, too, will vote for the Brexit Party next month.

In the last two weeks, more than 1,000 men and women of high calibre have applied to be on our European candidates’ list. We will field people who have been successful in business, in the armed forces, in academia as well as those from all walks of life. It is clear they are motivated not merely by the Brexit betrayal, but by a belief that career politicians are too incompetent to run this country. It is time for those who have never done a deal in their life to be replaced.

Even before we launch formally, the public’s response to the Brexit Party has been remarkable. Through our website, we have raised more than £750,000 in small donations over the last 10 days. In 25 years of campaigning, I have never seen such a reaction. I hope and believe it will continue. Political operations need money, and we will need to raise a lot as we move from the EU elections to the next general election and beyond.

Our campaign for 23 May has begun. This is the most ambitious project I have ever launched in my life. If, as I believe, the people want to change politics for good, I am going to give them the opportunity to make that happen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/11/brexit-party-will-give-people-chance-change-politics-good/
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Brexit party launch Q & A 's >>>>

Really good watch .

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ynJORLMEzQGR?t=26

19.58 ..Nigel speaks about WTO and a hard border .
    You draw attention to Nigel dealing with the Irish border.
    So perhaps you could answer this question.
    Nigel says we are not having one.
    When we leave, Ireland will be staying in.
    This means they will continue to have Freedom of Movement.
    So the citizens of the other 26 EU countries to travel freely to Ireland.
    No border means they will all be able to stroll into the UK?
    Is this Taking Back Control?
    There is also the question of smuggling, avoiding tariffs etc.
    Could this be the Irish border of the future?

• Options

What defines an anti deal party?
  • Options

Why start a thread and then ignore all questions?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,495
    Think this is what he pointed out was happening........ Factory closed by Police due to Slavery.

• Options
    Anti-Brexit Wetherspoon staff crusade against chain boss’s ‘propaganda’

Workers at Wetherspoon pubs yesterday launched a petition against owner Tim Martin’s use of his 1,100 pubs to promote a no-deal Brexit.

The Spoons Workers Against Brexit launch statement said: ‘We are Wetherspoon workers and supporters who are disgusted by the way that the company’s founder and chairman, Tim Martin, is exploiting his position to promote an extremely damaging no deal Brexit through pubs up and down the country.

‘He routinely labels Remain supporters the “metropolitan elite”; yet he himself is an incredibly wealthy man, accruing a tidy net wealth of almost £500,000,000 in no small part by paying his staff poverty wages. ‘To add insult, he forces staff members to distribute propaganda in favour of a hard Brexit – something which would drive down our working conditions and living standards even further.’

The statement added: ‘We refuse to propagandise for politics that will only do us harm if enacted. Studies have consistently refuted claims that immigration is linked to low wages. Migrants don’t drive down wages; but wealthy, exploitative bosses like Tim Martin do.’ ‘We are opposed to Brexit in its entirety and we support allowing the free movement of people so that everyone, regardless of nationality, has the right to live and work here.’ Spoons Workers Against Brexit has already gained thousands of followers on Facebook and Twitter with workers and ex-staff supporting the petition.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/anti-brexit-wetherspoon-staff-crusade-against-chain-bosss-propaganda-8402554/?ito=cbshare
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
  • Options
    goldon said:

Think this is what he pointed out was happening........ Factory closed by Police due to Slavery.

EU approved factory?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    'There will have to be a border' - Former WTO leader on Brexit

A border will have to be imposed post Brexit regardless of any UK/EU trade deal, former World Trade Organisation (WTO) chief Pascal Lamy has warned.
    Mr Lamy – who is on a two day visit to Dublin - said the moment a country leaves the single market, borders go up. He said the border question cannot be evaded.
    “Whatever UK/EU trade regime will be negotiated, assuming there will be one, there will have to be a border,” the former trade chief told an event organised by Dublin City University’s Brexit Institute.
    “The moment you exit the internal market, you have borders.”
    Mr Lamy, who was also chief of staff to former European Commission president Jacques Delors, said he hasn’t found a solution to the border question.
    “I haven’t found any solution. And the reason is that the 'no border' does not exist.”
    He also said there would have to be checks to ensure that goods brought across the border comply with standards.
    Mr Lamy said he had looked at the Swedish/Norway border, which he described as a “serious border”.

He said “nothing will prevent Brexit” from transforming the situation with the border.
    “The only solution, the only question is where is the border? And that of course is a million dollar question.”
    The former WTO director general said it may be “convenient” not to recognise now that there will have to be a border and that that has to be dealt with.

“If whatever arrangement implies a border, you cannot evade the border question,” Mr Lamy said.
    “I can understand why it is convenient to do that.”
    Mr Lamy also said that the claim from Prime Minister Theresa May that no deal is a better than a bad deal, is a “bad omen”.
    “When I hear a negotiator starting at the very beginning outlining no deal is better than a bad deal, it is not a good sign,” Mr Lamy said.

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/there-will-have-to-be-a-border-former-wto-leader-on-brexit-36265479.html
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

love it when so called moral high guardians of the forum , result to insults .

''Very last time I intend responding to your dementia led nonsense''

Yet again you need to practise what you preach.
    Don't worry though, the whole forum can see through your act.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

love it when so called moral high guardians of the forum , result to insults .

''Very last time I intend responding to your dementia led nonsense''

Yet again you need to practise what you preach.
    Don't worry though, the whole forum can see through your act.
    Oooh , please tell us more , had no idea you were now the voice for the whole forum (rhetorical)
    Your subsequent posts will now be firmly in "ignore " territory , so don't waste your time .