You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** CHARITY POKER (HEADS UP) RYDER CUP **

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
edited May 2019 in Poker Chat
Hi guys.

I didn't do the CHARITY (HEADS UP POKER) RYDER CUP last year, so just thought I would put a post out to see if there was the appetite for it this year.

To those that don't know what it is I can explain later, but basically you represent the area you are from. Either South England or North England.

Players from Wales, Ireland and Scotland can represent whichever they "prefer" and/or we can allocate them accordingly to "balance the numbers"

We'd probably need a minimum of 6 players in each team.

Let me know if interested and whether you would play for THE NORTH or THE SOUTH.

Cheers,

G

@mattprawn @FeelGroggy @thisltedu @rspca12 @Limp2Lose @madprof @ALAN_18 @IrishRose @Snuffer @zadoc @MISTY4ME @Tikay10 @DOHHHHHHH @j3ono @MAXALLY @spartathen @Dollie @wynne1938 @rabdeniro @SidV79 @vaigret @tomgoodun @Essexphil @Itsover4u @LmfaoAllin @loololollo @EBBERDON @scotty77 @devil_tear @SoLack @asmithx @fredsgirl @Darkangel7

P.S. I have suggested a few people above that may be interested, however this is open to ANYONE, not just those listed above.

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,016
    I'd be interested Graham. North
  • Options
    ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    Great idea mate, I am up for it and know of possibly one more person who may be interested :smile:

Would be playing for "THE NORTH"
  • Options
    waller02 said:

I'd be interested Graham. North

Great, sorry mate, I forgot to put you on list above. But consider yourself in if it's a go.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,037
    Hi G, I am in and will be playing for the NORTH
  • Options
    SidV79 said:

Nice one @SidV79

ANY SOUTHERNERS ANYWHERE? :

Or am I on my own. :D
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,060
    StayOrGo said:

SidV79 said:

Nice one @SidV79

Not on your own.

If you get a full complement, happy to step aside, but important to keep this sort of thing going-not just for charity, but for the Community that is Sky Poker too.

PS-am I right in thinking that the North were trounced last time?
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    In for the Southern shandy drinkers NORTH!
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

In for the Southern shandy drinkers NORTH!

Still bitter, then :)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Essexphil said:

StayOrGo said:

SidV79 said:

Nice one @SidV79

Not on your own.

If you get a full complement, happy to step aside, but important to keep this sort of thing going-not just for charity, but for the Community that is Sky Poker too.

PS-am I right in thinking that the North were trounced last time?
    GREAT STUFF @Essexphil APPRECIATE IT!

The truth is the "NORTH" have been TROUNCED EVERY TIME :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtSdJaPCSI

That should get them riled and in a FIGHTING SPIRIT! :o
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Regarding donations.

It will be done on trust. Donations should be made afterwards, by participating players (and anyone else that may want to) to the charity choice of the winning teams charity to be determined by their Captain.

I will captain "TEAM SOUTH" and my chosen charity will be SHELTER via my brother's just giving page.

I would like to make a suggestion that perhaps @MAXALLY is captain for the North, but you should decide amongst yourselves.

So for clarification, please DO NOT make any donations until after the event has taken place.

@MAXALLY if you accept my challenge of pitting your wits against me in the "selection" process, pairings etc, please post here with your chosen charity.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    ALAN_18ALAN_18 Member Posts: 225
    When are you planning on starting this ? And I am happy for @MAXALLY to captain "THE NORTH" :smile:
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Regarding donations.

It will be done on trust. Donations should be made afterwards, by participating players (and anyone else that may want to) to the charity choice of the winning teams charity to be determined by their Captain.

I will captain "TEAM SOUTH" and my chosen charity will be SHELTER via my brother's just giving page.

I would like to make a suggestion that perhaps @MAXALLY is captain for the North, but you should decide amongst yourselves.

So for clarification, please DO NOT make any donations until after the event has taken place.

@MAXALLY if you accept my challenge of pitting your wits against me in the "selection" process, pairings etc, please post here with your chosen charity.

Cheers,

G

Challenge accepted. If no one objects, I will proudly captain the NORTH.

Chosen Charity will be Cancer Research UK.

• Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    I will be in as two time champ of the hu cup. I will represent the north. #TeamNorth.
  • Options
    JordyAAJordyAA Member Posts: 12
    im up for it - team 'THE NORTH'
  • Options
    QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, That's all I am saying. :D

Come on SOUTHERNERS, where are you?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    MAXALLY said:

StayOrGo said:

Regarding donations.

Cheers,

G

Challenge accepted. If no one objects, I will proudly captain the NORTH.

Chosen Charity will be Cancer Research UK.

AWESOME. GREAT CHARITY.

I see my first task will be RECRUITING A TEAM!

1-0 to you so far!
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

...watching Eastenders? B)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

StayOrGo said:

...watching Eastenders? B)
    Sorry not to meet the stereotype-enjoying watching the mighty Black & Whites v Castleford. Proper game, too.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Of course: :D Either that or checking their paternity tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOA5yVzxHU
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,300
    south