You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

* 2019 RYDER CUP * FIXTURE AND RESULTS THREAD * NB: SINGLES (1 MATCH) 4 GAMES *

Comments

• Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    SidV79 said:

@madprof Highly unlikely mate as I have not played her yet lol

He's running scared............. :wink: I wish lol

I'm around now for an hour or so Sid if you're around?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    I think it's been great fun and can't see the need to change too much. It may be a struggle organising games at times but that would always be the case with so many players/busy lives etc.

I'd certainly play again
  • Options
    mattprawnmattprawn Member Posts: 632
    Sorry guys, been away for a long weekend. Back now and raring to play. How are you fixed Graham?
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    mattprawn said:

Sorry guys, been away for a long weekend. Back now and raring to play. How are you fixed Graham?

If you find me when you are free @mattprawn and we'll play assuming not too many tables
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
    Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose
    Up to @TheEdge949 to salvage this one so COME ON MARK
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    SidV79 said:

Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose

Thanks for the games Sid - the leprechauns came to my rescue just in time tonight :smiley:

Good luck all xx
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    IrishRose said:

SidV79 said:

Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose

Thanks for the games Sid - the leprechauns came to my rescue just in time tonight :smiley:

Good luck all xx
    just need to draw with the U2faker and the point is yours?
  • Options
    madprof said:

IrishRose said:

SidV79 said:

Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose

Good luck all xx
    No it is 3-3 in this match, so a 2-0 win is required by either team for a full point.
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

madprof said:

IrishRose said:

SidV79 said:

Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose

Good luck all xx
    No it is 3-3 in this match, so a 2-0 win is required by either team for a full point.
    Ah ok, did u play shellfishboy yet?
  • Options
    madprof said:

StayOrGo said:

madprof said:

IrishRose said:

SidV79 said:

Result is in

SidV79 0-2 IrishRose

Good luck all xx
    Ah ok, did u play shellfishboy yet?
    No, maybe later today, we are on same table in Sheriff atm.
  • Options
    Me and @mattprawn playing now
  • Options
    Another draw for me, this time against Mr Prawn.

Fair result, VWP Matt.
  • Options
    A good game Graham. VWP. Unlucky in the decider, we probably each played better in the game we lost.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    mattprawn said:

A good game Graham. VWP. Unlucky in the decider, we probably each played better in the game we lost.

+1

Great games to watch.... WP both of you :)
  • Options
    Hi guys, can you post on here if you are going to Vegas and we will try and arrange your singles matches before you go.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    StayOrGo said:

Hi guys, can you post on here if you are going to Vegas and we will try and arrange your singles matches before you go.

Cheers,

G

I head to Vegas next Thursday Graham.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,030
    Tikay10 said:

StayOrGo said:

Cheers,

G

I head to Vegas next Thursday Graham.
    As do I. Will you be on the Virgin one from Heathrow, Tony?
  • Options
    Hi @alvez11. I believe we have a match to play. When might you be around? Ideal time for me typically between 8pm and 9pm or later.
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Hi guys. Would like to request a little feedback for "the next" Ryder Cup, should there be one.

What do you think of the format?

Is it too long, too many games?

Would we be better to just have 3 fourballs, 3 foursomes and 8 singles in the next one (assuming similar numbers) 14 matches total.

It has been hard getting players that are prepared to play 5 matches in total. Which is ultimately 7 fixtures to arrange if you count the fourballs as two fixtures per player.

Was the "full format" Ryder Cup too ambitious?

All views are welcome. Who has enjoyed playing all the matches and who has thought it a bit too much?

Is it becoming a slog or is it still fun? (Not much fun being a SOUTHERNER (score wise) right now :D )

Cheers,

Graham.

Just another thought and really about how to focus people on what its about...

My donation this year will be based on points won and lost...last time I donated £37.50, which was one bounty( which I didn't win btw but felt comfortable to pay ) so my scale of donation would normally be 20-50?

For each point I lose I give-self imposed- £10, for a draw £5 and for a win...well, that's where I get stuck...so to date with 2 defeats and a 3-1 up in a game which could be still be a defeat? ( @lfccarl ) and two more games to come...at worst £50 but hopefully £25+ as a minimum ...hoho

Maybe a suggested scale for next year?/ BTW IF(I know big IF) I had won every point I would have been so happy that I would have gladly donated £50!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Essexphil are you playing @68Trebor tonight, after he plays @Tikay10 ? Lost track of posts. Also @rspca12 and @lfccarl when is your game scheduled for?

Hopefully @mattprawn v @Alvez11 and @TheEdge949 v @IrishRose will play their matches tonight too. I am planning to announce final foursome pairings tomorrow, then it will just be singles with the emphasis being on getting the singles matches played of those that are going to Vegas.