You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Brighton Live Update

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    And we have big pot action on the 2nd hand after the restart.

A limper, a raiser, and I decide to commit myself with A-K suited, and after some dwellage, the raiser sets me in, and he has 7-7.

The door card is a beautiful Ace, and I get a full 2XUp to around 160,000.

• Options

A pleasant chap, middle aged so probably quite tight ( they all are) makes it 6,500 from around 120.000 and I have the Jacks. After some thought I make it 20,000 and he flats, so I am pretty sure my hand is good pre-flop.

It's a horrid board with all 3 overs but we check it down until the river, then he mucks after I make a little blocker bet on the end.

Fast and loose, me, any 2 will do.
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    Tikay10 said:

A pleasant chap, middle aged so probably quite tight ( they all are) makes it 6,500 from around 120.000 and I have the Jacks. After some thought I make it 20,000 and he flats, so I am pretty sure my hand is good pre-flop.

It's a horrid board with all 3 overs but we check it down until the river, then he mucks after I make a little blocker bet on the end.

Fast and loose, me, any 2 will do.

Turning the screw!

• Options

Bad news, @Sky_James seems to be out, so maybe you will see some updates now.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Given you have the biggest stack @Tikay10 are you going to give James and Sam some tips for day 2?

I have been asked by @Sky_SamT to mention that it will cost 7,500 to go through the blinds when it restarts, & @Sky__James had 25,200 on the very last hand he had the Button, & nobody had opened. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he had K-J suited.

What is the correct play there? FWIW, he folded. (Not a typo).

Jut saying, like.
    That bluff isn’t getting through.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

MattBates said:

Given you have the biggest stack @Tikay10 are you going to give James and Sam some tips for day 2?

I have been asked by @Sky_SamT to mention that it will cost 7,500 to go through the blinds when it restarts, & @Sky__James had 25,200 on the very last hand he had the Button, & nobody had opened. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he had K-J suited.

What is the correct play there? FWIW, he folded. (Not a typo).

Jut saying, like.
    That bluff isn’t getting through.
    Yup, you got me.

You did fold though.
  • Options
    Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 442
    There’s 81 left with plenty of sky regs left. Irishrose, stack_u, wineli, groggy all have decent stacks. Sky Sam on the ropes after losing 10s v a8.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Groggs arrives at my table playing north of 300,000, eek.

Blinds are 2,000-4,000/4000.

He makes it 8,500 and I flat in the SB with Kh-Jh, the BB calls too, so there is about 31,000 in the middle.

It comes K high, we all check (I was hoping Groggs would take off) and we see a heart turn to give me 4 to the flush to go with my top pair, so I bet 20,000. They both fold.
  • Options
    Next hand Groggs makes it 8,500 again, and I have 2 black queens. I make it 20,000 and he does the sensible thing and folds, shooting me a rueful smile.

That's the thing, see, these boys know I'm super lairy and play any two.

Blinds now 2,500/5,000-5,000.
  • Options

A silly mistake costs me 11,500 and I don't even get to see the flop.

Groggy, who is busy, opened to 11,500 and I have 7-7. I'm wary of three betting him yet again, as I can't take the heat of a 4 bet.

Fella to my left - very good indeed, playing quarter of a mill - spots the opportunity to leverage the pot due to my weak play and makes it 40,000.

We both have to fold.

Bleurgh.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,401
    I got this little bit of navy slang info.

Grog
    Admiral Vernon, who was known as 'Old Grogram' from his habit of wearing a grogram coat, he supervised dilution of daily tot of rum (57% proof, 1/2 gill rum to 1 gill of water).

Feeling groggy
    Too much grog!

Source:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/18-royal-navy-****-phrases-256086
  • Options

3 levels complete, so first break of the day.

Had a bad 20 minutes, had A-Q THREE times, had to fold them twice (got shown K-K & Q-Q) then got a walk with them, so that put a bit of a dent in my stack & I was down to about 140,000.

Then a big hand went off in which I represented Queens (well, in fact I had Queens), it was 3 bet 4 bet stuff & he eventually folded to pressure on the turn.

197,500, going back to 3,000-6,000/6,000.

@Sky_SamT has around 150,000 I think.
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    Good luck after the break guys!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bitter sweet.

I'm a huge fan of Jeff Duvall, and when he made it 22,000, I set him in with the A-K (I covered him) and he was in awful shape with K-Q.

No fuss or drama, it ran out all higgly piggly and Jeff departs. I mean, I'm pleased, of course, but I really love the guy and he has always been very kind to me.

Anyway, 228,000 at 4,000/8,000-8,000, so I'm exactly average. (In so many ways.......)

• Options

Exactly 46 left, so it's bubble time.
  • Options

Groggy has gone through the gears, busted a guys A-K with A-8, then started moving all in repeatedly. (He had 700,000 or more). Exactly as he should, I guess.

Anyway, he moves in again & I have the K-K.

It's bubble time but this is a wonderful spot, & if I hold I'm up to almost 500,000.

CALL.

He has 8-8.

Just gotta swerve an 8 now. Easy game.

It comes....

5-6-7

Don't do it Dealer

Yikes.

So I give him my Bounty Card (£550 Grand Final Seat), get up & gather my stuff together, & the whole room applauds. Which I thought was very kind of them until I realised they were clapping as they were all now in the money.

Brutal game this.

So that's that.

Hope Groggy wins it, he's as deserving as anyone.
  • Options

Give me a few mins to gather myself, & I'll get the Update going.

43 left now, & it pays £510 from 45th to 37th so it will speed up now presumably with such a flat payout structure.
  • Options

I now gather that Tina (karlluke) was the actual bubble (46th) & I was the bubble bubble, as we apparently busted within seconds of each other.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    Tikay10 said:

Groggy has gone through the gears, busted a guys A-K with A-8, then started moving all in repeatedly. (He had 700,000 or more). Exactly as he should, I guess.

Anyway, he moves in again & I have the K-K.

It's bubble time but this is a wonderful spot, & if I hold I'm up to almost 500,000.

CALL.

He has 8-8.

Just gotta swerve an 8 now. Easy game.

It comes....

5-6-7

Don't do it Dealer

Yikes.

So I give him my Bounty Card (£550 Grand Final Seat), get up & gather my stuff together, & the whole room applauds. Which I thought was very kind of them until I realised they were clapping as they were all now in the money.

Brutal game this.

So that's that.

Hope Groggy wins it, he's as deserving as anyone.

Little Danny, how could you! Lol Vul Tony great run.
  • Options

Ambo has just busted, 37th I think, so that's £510.