You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

5 players and me didn't get paid at mat shutdown

SauvageSauvage Member Posts: 2
Asgard
Ozz74
Wubb
BigC97
Bingo31131
All are owed money from game cut short and sky only paying out entry fee. But we were down to 6 player out of 13 in 15 min timed game. So only paying out the £3.30 entry fee, (if they get paid) totalling £18.80 out of the £39 we put into the game. That's theft. Yes Sky, I accuse you of theft. I'm only short by less than 50p but some had way more than me.

If you are on a table with one of the names above, please let them know. It was the 3.15 am 15 min timed game which only lasted 10.03 mins.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited June 2020
    Morning @Sauvage

Payouts were made on an ICM basis, but these had to be adjusted manually, which was subsequently sorted, probably in the last hour or so when the guys started work. So the entire prize pool was paid out.

This may or may not have changed the amount you were originally paid, probably best to check your account.

If you are not happy with this, I would suggest you contact CC.

Please be assured that 100% of the prize pool was paid out.

• Options
    SauvageSauvage Member Posts: 2
    Seems I ruffled a few feathers and have now recieved the correct amount. Now just to try and make sure all the others get their correct winnings. I was only 34p short, but some will be many quid out. Better late than never, eh.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Don't worry @Sauvage

One quick call made to Interpol and @Tikay10 will be picked up in Cuba spending your 0.34 on women, women and song ( he doesn't drink wine..)
  • Options

Once the site closed for the scheduled maintenance at around 0330 - which was advised on this Forum yesterday - nobody could access it, not even the Poker Team.

The site came back online at around 0730, the Poker Staff started work around 9am. The first job they did was to sort the manual adjustments which were necessary.

No ruffled feathers, no theft, all just routine.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    I'm outraged and amused at the same time how can this be
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Tikay10 said:

Once the site closed for the scheduled maintenance at around 0330 - which was advised on this Forum yesterday - nobody could access it, not even the Poker Team.

The site came back online at around 0730, the Poker Staff started work around 9am. The first job they did was to sort the manual adjustments which were necessary.

No ruffled feathers, no theft, all just routine.

DISGRACEFUL! How dare you give advance notice of a maintenance shutdown so players know to stop playing, and WHY wasn't the batphone rang to get all of CS staff back in at 03.31 to sort out savage's 0.34p ... DREADFUL...I feel for sauvage( a French savage) NOT!
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    madprof said:

Don't worry @Sauvage

One quick call made to Interpol and @Tikay10 will be picked up in Cuba spending your 0.34 on women, women and song ( he doesn't drink wine..)

More likely to be found at Kings Cross following his greatest passion of train spotting! (Sorry @Tikay10 , couldn’t resist!)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    tomgoodun said:

Customer Care.... probably one of the worse jobs in the world .
    Dealing with mostly upset and angry clients day in day out.
    Accused of all sorts of scullduggery , when in reality they are just normal folk trying their best to help , and put food on the table for their kin.
    I think I have had to ring them once, maybe twice .. in all the years I have played on sky poker, they have been polite and helpful,

Left Customer Service a few years ago and was not always front-line.

Not a good job at all and seemingly getting worse.

+1 for the politeness

Cammy
  • Options
    TVSpice said:

Sauvage said:

Seems I ruffled a few feathers and have now recieved the correct amount. Now just to try and make sure all the others get their correct winnings. I was only 34p short, but some will be many quid out. Better late than never, eh.

I guess a thank you would be out of the question? There were clearly issues last night and accusing Sky of theft instead of a polite enquiry might have been a better way to start. It seems clear that when the people who can sort these things out started work, around 9am I guess, they did. I suspect you were not the only game affected but either way a thank you instead of pushing your agenda that you ruffled feathers might have been more appropriate.
    On the flip side, I have a son who thanks his mum and dad about 30 times a day :)

That is not my influence btw and it's credit to his mother.

Cammy
  • Options
    madprof said:

Don't worry @Sauvage

34p women...... no thanks ;)

Have enough issues with one I am no longer with. :lol:

Cammy
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Sauvage said:

On Sky, the standard is for things of this nature to be resolved manually, since the software doesn't typically allow for these things to be done automatically.

You'll see the same thing happen with satellites that don't finish until after late registration for the relevant tournament finishes.

I see from posts above that this case has been resolved, but just FYI in case it applies in the future.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Maybe worth adding another dimension to all this.

Many of the admin functions on Sky Poker are managed centrally - Customer Care, Accounts, Compliance, Legal, production & publication of Leaderboards, Asset Design, Social Media & so many more. These are all done centrally, by teams who do these things right across all SB&G Products.

As to front line poker team, the guys who actually manage the Poker Product, how many do you think there are? Clue - if we used the fingers of one hand to count them, there would be a few digits spare.

So no, they cant & don't work 24/7, & when things go pear-shaped out of hours sometimes things have wait until the next morning to get sorted.

And for those who use the Forum, if complaints arise out of hours, I'm almost always on hand between 0700 & 0100 to acknowledge the problem & pass it up to the proper Suits. (Except when I'm train-spotting at Kings Cross & the like, obv).

All in all, it works very well I'd say. When a mop-up is required after things have gone wrong at night, it's always sorted out by noon the next morning & I doubt many other sites can claim that.

The mantra across SB&G is "we obsess about our customers". And they genuinely do.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    edited June 2020
    Whilst getting into the car yesterday 50p fell out of my pocket and went straight into a drain, which had probably been placed there by the Government, determined to take more money off hard working taxpayers like me. Anyway I have contacted Customer Care at Skypoker and they seem unable to help, @Tikay10 this is outrageous and tantamount to theft, please sort it out or I shall be forced to contact the police. :)
  • Options
    Enut said:

Whilst getting into the car yesterday 50p fell out of my pocket and went straight into a drain, which had probably been placed there by the Government, determined to take more money off hard working taxpayers like me. Anyway I have contacted Customer Care at Skypoker and they seem unable to help, @Tikay10 this is outrageous and tantamount to theft, please sort it out or I shall be forced to contact the police. :)

Bring back the 10 bob note I say.

Talking of losing things....

I was in Vegas one year & someone gave me $2,000 (in two x $1,000 chips) to give to someone else I was due to see at The Venetian that day. I got in a taxi at the Rio, went to The Venetian, saw the bloke, but when I reached into my pocket to give him the 2 x $1,000 chips there was only one. The other must have fell out of my pocket in the now long-departed taxi.

What a gross spot, & of course I had no option other than to pay the "missing" $1,000 myself.

Meh.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,023
    34p....just when you thought you had seen it all.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    waller02 said:

34p....just when you thought you had seen it all.

Its progress. I'm sure you were around in the 56p 'fiasco' days.