You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

5 players and me didn't get paid at mat shutdown

2»

Comments

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Just played the 12:00 freeroll and won 13p hope it goes into my account or the police will be called. ;)
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    More likely to be found at Kings Cross following his greatest passion of

I was a little concerned about how this sentence was going to end.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

Whilst getting into the car yesterday 50p fell out of my pocket and went straight into a drain, which had probably been placed there by the Government, determined to take more money off hard working taxpayers like me. Anyway I have contacted Customer Care at Skypoker and they seem unable to help, @Tikay10 this is outrageous and tantamount to theft, please sort it out or I shall be forced to contact the police. :)

Bring back the 10 bob note I say.

Talking of losing things....

I was in Vegas one year & someone gave me $2,000 (in two x $1,000 chips) to give to someone else I was due to see at The Venetian that day. I got in a taxi at the Rio, went to The Venetian, saw the bloke, but when I reached into my pocket to give him the 2 x $1,000 chips there was only one. The other must have fell out of my pocket in the now long-departed taxi.

What a gross spot, & of course I had no option other than to pay the "missing" $1,000 myself.

Meh.
    Wow, that's some tip, hope the taxi driver found it and enjoyed a spin up!

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    safc71 said:

Just played the 12:00 freeroll and won 13p hope it goes into my account or the police will be called. ;)

Money was in my account i called off the sweeney . Think they were having dinner so you got lucky there Sky.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

Whilst getting into the car yesterday 50p fell out of my pocket and went straight into a drain, which had probably been placed there by the Government, determined to take more money off hard working taxpayers like me. Anyway I have contacted Customer Care at Skypoker and they seem unable to help, @Tikay10 this is outrageous and tantamount to theft, please sort it out or I shall be forced to contact the police. :)

I was in Vegas one year & someone gave me $2,000 (in two x $1,000 chips) to give to someone else I was due to see at The Venetian that day. I got in a taxi at the Rio, went to The Venetian, saw the bloke, but when I reached into my pocket to give him the 2 x $1,000 chips there was only one. The other must have fell out of my pocket in the now long-departed taxi.

What a gross spot, & of course I had no option other than to pay the "missing" $1,000 myself.

Meh.
    That's horrid @Tikay10, those roulette tables in the entrance to the Venetian have a lot to answer for! :D
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    For the future it’s probably worth pulling timed tournaments from the lobby if they’re set to finish at the same time you’re expecting a site shutdown.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    The names Savage....Very Savage!

I’m sitting here contemplating my early morning post, wondering whether to

A) withdraw quietly
    B) As A but say thanks for sorting so promptly
    C) As A+B and also apologise for my insulation
    D) none of the above....

Best forum and supportive group of guys/ladies but when you get it wrong ... Every, I say every contact with CC( and Tikay) has been dealt with efficiently and to a high standard of customer care, which is why you are getting a little gentle ‘stick’

I’m a chef so happy to post a slice of pie to you....full of lovely humbles...

BTW GL at the tables! I mean that!!
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Cammykaze said:

madprof said:

Don't worry @Sauvage

One quick call made to Interpol and @Tikay10 will be picked up in Cuba spending your 0.34 on women, women and song ( he doesn't drink wine..)

34p women...... no thanks ;)

Have enough issues with one I am no longer with. :lol:

Cammy
    It was 2 ladies, thank you.....Tikay wanted to make an evening of it👹
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    bbMike said:

For the future it’s probably worth pulling timed tournaments from the lobby if they’re set to finish at the same time you’re expecting a site shutdown.

@bbMike

Routinely, they always do, but there was some internal confusion over the start time of the Outage. Habitually, it's 4am, but this one was 0330.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

Meh.
    Ouch! Felt that :neutral:
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Speaking of amounts less than 50p

I bought a drink for earlier for £1.25 and give the lady £1.30. She didn't give the 5p back and shut the till. I waited....... for about 6.32 seconds. The hand went up and got my 5p back. This wasn't a supermarket and was a local shop.

Btw it was more on principal than the money. Honest! :lol:

Cammy
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Tbf

It’s the price of a freddo and no one wants to be one freddo short

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    I went off Fredos when they started putting caramel in them. Off topic I know but hey a hazelnut in every bite means you're eating a bar of squirrel poop.

Oh and don't even get me started on the new Yorkie, apple and cinnamon ffs what's all that about.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    bbMike said:

I think the opposite.

If this is the fallout and subsequent forum entertainment with allegations of theft of 34p flying around like confetti, schedule as many timed MTTs as possible just before a site outage.

And stock up on popcorn.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Ha, true.
    Sauvage said:

That's theft. Yes Sky, I accuse you of theft.

See you in court!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    bbMike said:

Ha, true.

Sauvage said:

That's theft. Yes Sky, I accuse you of theft.

See you in court!
    @bbMike

;)

Ha, yes, it was all rather dramatic.

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    A little disappointed, after reading the thread title, I thought someone had found a long lost manuscript from Enid’s much loved series.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,281
    Do you know there were 21 famous 5 stories ?
    Don't know about the secret 7 or the adventurous 4.

OMG Nic you've sent me on a journey into my childhood. Folk of the Faraway Tree here I come.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    MAXALLY said:

waller02 said:

34p....just when you thought you had seen it all.

Its progress. I'm sure you were around in the 56p 'fiasco' days.
    We're all trying to forget that horror...