You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£500 + 3 months = ???

DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
Greetings All.

For not the first time, my poker game has reached a state of near paralysis. It's the usual combination of factors - a lack of focus, motivation and clear goals, plus some impressive levels of procrastination (Youtube and Wikipedia really need a self-exclusion button if you ask me!). So, given that it has helped in the past, it's time for another Duesenberg blog-challenge-diary-type-thing.

As the title suggests, I'm going to be starting with £500 in my account and seeing where I can get to over the next three months - I'm hoping I'll be able to run this up a bit and ultimately take a few shots in games that would usually be a little out of my comfort zone (I've always regularly withdrawn any winnings in the past).

I'll be playing both MTT's and cash games but I won't be venturing onto the Spin Up tables or playing any satellite tournaments (regular MTT's already provide more than enough short-stack poker action for my liking!)

I'm starting with a lower amount than I would usually keep in my Sky account in the hope that the frustration of not initially being able to jump into things like the nightly Main Event whenever I fancy will give me an early jolt to get my grind on. In terms of BRM, I'll be looking at a minimum requirement of 30 buy-ins for any cash games (with the exception of 20nl) and 50 buy-ins for any MTT's (although maybe less for £33 Main's and 'special' shots).

I'll be hoping to achieve at least some of the following goals over the next 3 months:

1. Actually play some poker.
2. Not go broke and reload.
3. Reach priority status in a least one of the three months
4. Take my first few shots at £55 buy-in tournaments (reasonable-ish BRM permitting)
5. Buy-in direct to a regular Sunday Major (Yolo and all that!)

I can't promise it'll be thrilling reading but I'll be keeping a very honest account of how things go in the hope that some public accountability might help me pull my finger out and get on with it. The 3 month period will end on October 1st which just so happens to be my birthday, so hopefully I'll be ahead enough to treat myself to an extra swanky new pair of slippers come the end of all this.

Any questions, fire away :)

Current Balance: £500

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

GL with this Guitar Bloke.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    GL Dues. Will your streams be outwith BR or all games played during it count towards BR (including cash :D ) ?
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

GL Dues. Will your streams be outwith BR or all games played during it count towards BR (including cash :D ) ?

I'll be looking to keep the streams within the scope of this challenge so it's possible my Monday night sessions will see me dropping the Main and revisiting the FTT games for a couple of weeks.

At the same time, the prospect of having to do that makes me extra-keen to hit the ground running, so it's a useful added point of motivation (I may also just take some BRM liberties come stream time :D)
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 934
    All the very best with your goals. Hope you smash them and then some.

I am starting a new challenge for pretty much the exact same reasons as you, so I will be following this with interest.

Good luck at the tables
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Obviously I'll be following the pants off this.

Extra swanky new slippers, eh? Some people know how to live ...
  • Options
    TsaaaarTsaaaar Member Posts: 366
    Best of luck sir!
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    Will follow avidly. All the top streamers do bankroll challenges. And now so do you 😉

Best of luck mate.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Goodluck! Saw a horse with exact same screen name as you yesterday and no it didn't win.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,238
    GL Sir - sure you will smash it
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Will you be streaming more?

Best of luck.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,279
    Good luck with this, may lots of Duesunrun be coming your way.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

Goodluck! Saw a horse with exact same screen name as you yesterday and no it didn't win.

Terrible horse to back. With a name like that is was clearly going to lose all interest after the first few furlongs and just plod the rest of the way to the finish line.
    SR23 said:

Obviously I'll be following the pants off this.

Extra swanky new slippers, eh? Some people know how to live ...

You got to dream big my man :).
    waller02 said:

Will you be streaming more?

Best of luck.

This is very much independent to the streaming and is more about motivating me to play more when off stream, although I will be keeping within this bankroll for my stream sessions moving forward. It's unlikely to make much difference either way to how frequently I stream at present.

Thanks to you all for the messages of support so far. The challenge officially begins at midnight so I might jump on for a late night sesh to get the ball rolling :).
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    GL this month Dues!
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Gl with this...I’m sure you’ll smash itReload soon...💩👹🤪👿
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608
    Will follow. glgl
  • Options
    PBKRPBKR Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2020
    @Duesenberg its really quite mad you have chosen to do this - i've been toying with the idea for weeks of doing a £500-£5k with charitable increments, just as a way to get more involved with the community on sky. Like you though, the lower BRM might be a bit of a self challenge! I am really looking forward to see how you get on, and will eagerly watch you progress.

Twitch, now this...you seem to be one step ahead of me on these ideas!
  • Options
    teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    gl gl :)
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    GL with this Dues will definitely be following, do you reckon you’ll be playing more volume in cash games or tournaments?
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    Best of luck with this. I saw you on one of my tables earlier. Hope I wasn't too brutal on you :)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Best of luck with this.
    How often you planning on doing updates?
    Any cash shots or just MTT ones?