You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help please ...... I think I need Puppy Coaching

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,167
    Brilliant analysis Chris @rspca12 and @chappo100 thanks ever so much.

It helps me hugely, and hopefully helps the Community too, and I think it shows the benefit of coaching/help for those of us that need it ;)

Loved @HAYSIE's comment too......

'Landed a massive bet, and ripped the ticket up!' :#:s
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    @rspca12 doesn't limping on the button with a <20bb stack and hands like JTs, KTs have its merits? You would have to r/f these hands, but you can l/c a 3.5/4x and see a flop in position, and thats if they even raise in the blinds. Balance it with traps?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    waller02 said:

@rspca12 doesn't limping on the button with a <20bb stack and hands like JTs, KTs have its merits? You would have to r/f these hands, but you can l/c a 3.5/4x and see a flop in position, and thats if they even raise in the blinds. Balance it with traps?</p>

As you get more experienced (and with some study) you can make plays like this but as a general rule don't limp is best.
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 617
    Hi @waller02 this could be gd spot to limp. but imo on sky its not best. people on sky under 3 bet. And the players that do i feel i open rip j10s k10s and low pocket pairs is best rather them limp call raise.
  • Options
    And there was me checking my diary to see when I could fit in my free lesson....
  • Options
    I tried to sort limp range in games i play on sky and after decent sample imo its not best way to go. Its v complicated and only a few regs on site has gd limp ranges.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Funny how poker evolves. Soon I'm going to move up in stakes to where they respect my limps!
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,277
    rspca12 said:

Hi @waller02 this could be gd spot to limp. but imo on sky its not best. people on sky under 3 bet. And the players that do i feel i open rip j10s k10s and low pocket pairs is best rather them limp call raise.

Is that @waller02's free coaching session? ;)
  • Options
    If u have certain hand because i can think of few spots in mtts. limp could be best if i am unsure i will get someone to look at it. I could be defo be wrong about this. if i new everything i would be playing 10k buy ins not 50 b/h
  • Options
    Nah coaching would involve ev analysis with hrc eqqulabs. U not getting that for free.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Enut said:

rspca12 said:

Is that @waller02's free coaching session? ;)
    I'll see him in court, I met the criteria. :smile:
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited September 2020
    Hi @rspca12

It's my understanding that there are plenty of spots (usually dictated by ICM) where it is far superior to open-limp rather than open-raise or open-shove. Open ripping some suited broadways for 15-20bb even on the button can be absolutely torching money in some final table spots depending on stack distributions around the table.

I can't remember exactly who the video was posted by (I think it was the NLG guys, Sontheimmer et al) but one example springs to mind where a guy open ripped QTs on the button for about 16bb I think and he got absolutely flamed because he chose the nut worst option for the spot - limp > raise-fold > shove.
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited September 2020
    MynaFrett said:

Hi @rspca12

It's my understanding that there are plenty of spots (usually dictated by ICM) where it is far superior to open-limp rather than open-raise or open-shove. Open ripping some suited broadways for 15-20bb even on the button can be absolutely torching money in some final table spots depending on stack distributions around the table.

I can't remember exactly who the video was posted by (I think it was the NLG guys, Sontheimmer et al) but one example springs to mind where a guy open ripped QTs on the button for about 16bb I think and he got absolutely flamed because he chose the nut worst option for the spot - limp > raise-fold > shove.

bingo.

Give this man what he deserves.

seen pleno limp 30bb effective not on the button before too

pretty sure he knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    MynaFrett said:

Hi @rspca12

yeah wp man in icm spot limp is best option all u have to do is find a hand and the free coaching sesh is yours. If u wont it.,
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    i done the my game pilot for party a few year ago now and was giving the advice that 17bb or less from the button is fold or shove same as the blinds and these lads know what they are talking about i am not saying that it is 100 percent money making but the pros from party went mad at me for not shoving them spots
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited September 2020
    As @chicknMelt says there will be ICM scenarios with deeper effective stacks (30bb) where open-limping will be best. Solvers have also shown that developing and employing open-limping strategies in non ICM situations once we get to stacks around 25bb is optimal (and not just from button) but limping with deeper effective stacks than that in non ICM situations is still going to be 'bad' or sub-optimal.

Just knocked this one up pretty quickly but could manipulate the stacks myriad ways to get to the same conclusion.

In the spirit of giving back to the community and helping others I would like to nominate @misterpj for the free coaching session please.

• Options
    How to backtrack by Rspca.....
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    practical not theory but wont argue didn't make it clear. i can gtd any hand on sky in 99% of occasions even in icm will be wrong.
  • Options
    Someone got free sesh pm me