You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

No Masks.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,953

HENDRIK62 said:

Underlying health condition bullsh*t, I am asthmatic and have not even considered not wearing a mark (regardless if is effective or not) it is purely people being stubborn selfish tw*ts

If you really cared about your fellow human beings, you'd be wearing a bag on your head.
    He also seems to have moved from asthma to panic attacks, as his excuse.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited September 2020
    HAYSIE said:

'I'm innocent': Father who was pepper-sprayed by police after refusing to wear a mask on train claims he is exempt from the rules because he suffers from panic attacks

Shocking footage emerged earlier this week of the clash between Anthony Baldwin, 34, and the lone officer on a Wirral line service at Lime Street Station in Liverpool.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Although I would sympathise with anyone who has panic attacks it can be used in this case too, sometimes to prove a point when not required.

If no mask why not find another way of covering up for a bit to get people off your case, covering your nose and mouth into your t-shirt comes to mind. At least it looks as if you are making an effort instead of being contentious.

Once the police look to arrest you there isn't much point in the protesting unless they are really being out of order. They are not going to walk away when you talk about your rights. Reasonable force covers that one mostly.
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

'I'm innocent': Father who was pepper-sprayed by police after refusing to wear a mask on train claims he is exempt from the rules because he suffers from panic attacks

Shocking footage emerged earlier this week of the clash between Anthony Baldwin, 34, and the lone officer on a Wirral line service at Lime Street Station in Liverpool.

Although I would sympathise with anyone who has panic attacks it can be used in this case too, sometimes to prove a point when not required.

If no mask why not find another way of covering up for a bit to get people off your case, covering your nose and mouth into your t-shirt comes to mind. At least it looks as if you are making an effort instead of being contentious.

Once the police look to arrest you there isn't much point in the protesting unless they are really being out of order. They are not going to walk away when you talk about your rights. Reasonable force covers that one mostly.
    The Government are exempting people on medical grounds, so why dont they make them get a medical certificate, as proof.
    There must be hundreds of thousands of them, and it is causing chaos.
    Pi ss ups and breweries.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    EasyJet pilot orders passenger with chronic asthma to wear a mask or be thrown off flight from Jersey to Gatwick

Nick, who spoke under partial anonymity, was confronted by the plane's pilot and told he would have to don a face covering during the hour-long flight from Jersey to Gatwick.

• Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

The Government are exempting people on medical grounds, so why dont they make them get a medical certificate, as proof.
    Pi ss ups and breweries.
    As some of you may know I have asperger's syndrome and simply cannot tolerate anything touching my face. I go into a full on meltdown so people shouldn't make light of panic attacks. They can be extremely traumatic events.

As for seeing a GP, that's next to impossible at the minute and not everyone can communicate effectively over the phone.

I think it's all too easy to judge and make assumptions without being fully aware of the facts and by their very nature neurological and physcological conditions are hidden disabilities and illnesses. They can also be as debilitating as more obvious physical ones and yet do not receive the same level of compassion or support from the wider community.

(Btw, you wouldn't think it but I also find communicating verbally difficult, sometimes the words get stuck in my brain. On the upside I do a great impression of a goldfish lol)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

@Rinkhals

Fascinating post, thank you for sharing.

Hope this does not sound patronising, you say you communicate badly verbally, but your written communication is excellent.
  • Options
    Rinkhals said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

HAYSIE said:

Pi ss ups and breweries.
    As some of you may know I have asperger's syndrome and simply cannot tolerate anything touching my face. I go into a full on meltdown so people shouldn't make light of panic attacks. They can be extremely traumatic events.

As for seeing a GP, that's next to impossible at the minute and not everyone can communicate effectively over the phone.

I think it's all too easy to judge and make assumptions without being fully aware of the facts and by their very nature neurological and physcological conditions are hidden disabilities and illnesses. They can also be as debilitating as more obvious physical ones and yet do not receive the same level of compassion or support from the wider community.

(Btw, you wouldn't think it but I also find communicating verbally difficult, sometimes the words get stuck in my brain. On the upside I do a great impression of a goldfish lol)
    There were another couple of cases yesterday of violent reactions to the wearing of face masks or not.
    I think the government may have made this easier by supplying those that are exempt with a badge or something similar.
    These could have been authorised subsequent to an online application to your GP.
    So to gain access to supermarkets, public transport, etc, you would either be wearing a mask or a badge.
    Members of the public would then see evidence of exemptions, and there would be less violent reactions.

London Bridge train station passenger punched in the face for 'not wearing a face mask'

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/london-bridge-train-station-attack-19132824

FACE OFF Shocking moment thug without mask hurls punch at female bus passenger

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12964149/man-punches-woman-london-bus-mask-row/
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    @Tikay10 thank you and I don't find it patronising at all. TBH even if you where it would go over my head lol. When I have time I'll do a post about how it affects myself and others with the condition. I don't want to hijack the thread.

@HAYSIE I couldn't agree more. People should either wear a mask or a badge issued by their gp. Doctors and the NHS have had plenty of time to put a system in place and it would save vulnerable people receiving abuse. It would also give anyone else no reason other than selfishness or ignorance to not wear a mask.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083
    Rinkhals said:

@Tikay10 thank you and I don't find it patronising at all. TBH even if you where it would go over my head lol. When I have time I'll do a post about how it affects myself and others with the condition. I don't want to hijack the thread.

@HAYSIE I couldn't agree more. People should either wear a mask or a badge issued by their gp. Doctors and the NHS have had plenty of time to put a system in place and it would save vulnerable people receiving abuse. It would also give anyone else no reason other than selfishness or ignorance to not wear a mask.

@Rinkhals

Please do, I'd find that very interesting, & I'm sure many others would.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Sadly , I feel the passing of badges to mates and family members to nip to the shops for 20 woodbines would be prevalent.
    πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Sadly , I feel the passing of badges to mates and family members to nip to the shops for 20 woodbines would be prevalent.
    πŸ˜‰

At least it would still result in less people getting knocked out.

You could avoid your above suggestion if the badge was similar to a driving licence complete with name, address, and photo.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,024
    VAT is soon to be re-introduced for PPE.
    Are masks no longer essential items?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    VespaPX said:

VAT is soon to be re-introduced for PPE.
    Are masks no longer essential items?

Most of the Cabinet have had Covid.

They only care about themselves...
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

πŸ˜‰

Huge brawl at petrol station as group 'refuse to wear masks' in Tier 3 area

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/huge-brawl-at-petrol-station-as-group-refuse-to-wear-masks-in-tier-3-area/ar-BB1anNdu?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Rinkhals...
    Ammo, for you.

• Options
    misterpj said:

Rinkhals...
    Ammo, for you.

It is all working outstandingly well?
  • Options
    Woman is tasered on board Spirit Airlines flight after wild brawl breaks out when she refused to wear a face mask
    Passenger identified as Nyasy Veronique Payne was tasered on board flight which landed in Puerto Rico on Sunday
    Video recorded on the plane shows Payne punching a man in a white t-shirt
    Fellow passengers claimed Payne and her pals had refused to put their masks over their mouths during the flight and were moving freely about the aircraft
    Payne was handcuffed by police before being removed from the plane and taken into custody

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8885935/Woman-tasered-Spirit-Airlines-flight-brawl-face-masks.html
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

πŸ˜‰

NHS worker punched and thrown from Tube train after confronting passengers for not wearing masks

An NHS worker has had his eye socket broken in three places after being thrown from a London Underground train when he confronted three passengers for not wearing masks.

The health service employee was also punched repeatedly during the attack, which occurred after he pointed out that it was a breach of coronavirus restrictions for the trio – two men and a woman – not to be in face coverings.

One of the group struck the victim several times before throwing him off the train and onto the platform at High Street Kensington station.

He also suffered a chipped jaw.

The three stayed on board as the train departed.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nhs-worker-punched-thrown-tube-092326254.html