You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Executed.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,524
WARNING THE VIDEO IS A RONSEAL-EXACTLY WHAT IS SAYS ON THE TIN.

Moment drug dealer executes American cop at side of road after slyly getting out of his pick-up with an AR-15 during traffic stop - before 40-mile chase that ended in a hail of police bullets

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/04/11/7855926776967706192/636x382_MP4_7855926776967706192.mp4

Sickening footage (main) shows violent criminal Omar Felix Cueva, 39,(bottom right) jump out the driver's side of his Chevrolet pick-up truck with an AR-15-style rifle before firing a shot at officer Darian Jarrott (top right) over the rear of the vehicle. Jarrott, 28, fell to the ground, at which point Cueva walked over to him and shot him several times, including once at point-blank range in the head. He then took off in his truck on a 40-mile police chase that saw him die in a hail of bullets.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9458851/Shocking-moment-drug-dealer-39-jumps-truck-shoots-dead-New-Mexico-cop.html

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Being a cop, particularly in America, is an unenviable role.
    Dealing with a country full of gun nuts and general loons can't be much fun.

When talking about the police, it's important to remember they are employed to uphold the law.
    Which is why an incident like George Floyd, murdered by a copper for no reason, will always gain more publicity than an officer murdered by a suspect/civilian for no reason, like in the above example.

I think that's applicable for most crimes as well; if a police officer and a random bloke are caught stealing, who will get the limelight and attention?

Rightly or wrongly I think their choice of career holds them to higher account and focus when things go wrong and they end up on the wrong side of the law.

I was gonna write a bunch of other stuff but it's kinda futile, and I hope the slain officers family can come to terms with such a senseless tragedy.

Just as I'm typing I see the story about the 20 year old black man in America killed by a cop mistaking their handgun for the taser during a traffic stop.

An unenviable role.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,524

Being a cop, particularly in America, is an unenviable role.
    Dealing with a country full of gun nuts and general loons can't be much fun.

When talking about the police, it's important to remember they are employed to uphold the law.
    Which is why an incident like George Floyd, murdered by a copper for no reason, will always gain more publicity than an officer murdered by a suspect/civilian for no reason, like in the above example.

I think that's applicable for most crimes as well; if a police officer and a random bloke are caught stealing, who will get the limelight and attention?

Rightly or wrongly I think their choice of career holds them to higher account and focus when things go wrong and they end up on the wrong side of the law.

I was gonna write a bunch of other stuff but it's kinda futile, and I hope the slain officers family can come to terms with such a senseless tragedy.

Just as I'm typing I see the story about the 20 year old black man in America killed by a cop mistaking their handgun for the taser during a traffic stop.

An unenviable role.

It seems particularly easy to get killed over there, whether you are a Police Officer or not, and irrespective of innocence or guilt.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,972
    edited April 2021
    Though the chances dramatically increase when not complying with straight forward instructions from Law Enforcement Officers.
    lucy4 said:

Though the chances dramatically increase when not complying with straight forward instructions from Law Enforcement Officers.

They do.
    Although as everyone knows this, you wonder why people still persist.
    lucy4 said:

They do.

But should they?
    Resisting arrest isn't a death sentence, so your chances of death shouldn't ''dramatically increase'' if you don't comply.
    Particularly in scenarios where the threat is limited, like George Floyd, or when the suspect is wanted for something relatively minor, also like George Floyd.
    Sometimes people die at the hands of the police even when they are complying.

Policing in America is such a complex, multi-layered issue, and I'm glad we don't face a lot of that complexity here in the UK.
    Surely the way forward would be for anyone stopped is to comply, then complain if they felt mistreated. Comply and see the Police in court to make them accountable for their actions,much better than arguing at the roadside and being shot.
    lucy4 said:

Surely the way forward would be for anyone stopped is to comply, then complain if they felt mistreated. Comply and see the Police in court to make them accountable for their actions,much better than arguing at the roadside and being shot.

How does that generally work out in America?

Yes, in a perfect world people would just comply, never resist arrest etc but this ain't a perfect world and people don't act perfectly.

But the options really shouldn't be 'comply or get shot', that has to be wrong and a situation with many shades of grey should never be so black and white.

Surely the way forward is for the police to stop shooting or choking people during routine stops.
    I agree with a lot of what you've said but I'm pretty sure that most police officers do not start their shift with the intent of shooting anyone regardless of colour. My main point is whether you're white,black,yellow,purple,green or any other colour, in America or U.K. if you're asked to perform a task,surely its better comply (unless you've got something else to hide) than risk the consequences.
    The Police do not start the day with a 'shooting/choking' quota, those situations only happen due to events that others procure.
    Agreed, I don't think any police officer starts their shift with the intention of going out and shooting or killing a suspect or civilian.

I'm sure when Derek Chauvin woke up on the morning of 25th May, he had no intention of ending the day facing potential murder charges.

But that's exactly what happened, when he decided to use his knee to subdue, restrain and ultimately choke to death a man stopped for a potentially dodgy $20 bill.

There is absolutely nothing that George Floyd did on May 25th to justify or excuse his death.

The mere suggestion that had he complied then he'd still be alive is beyond contempt.

Just because an officer doesn't start their shift wanting to shoot or harm someone, it doesn't absolve them of their responsibility should a straightforward stop or situation escalate to something more sinister, like the events on May 25th and countless other occasions.

There are of course situations where it will be 'comply or die', but that should the exception not the rule.

Trigger happy cops attempting to police a trigger happy nation.....an unenviable role.
    lucy4 said:

The Police do not start the day with a 'shooting/choking' quota, those situations only happen due to events that others procure.

I think their actions generally show that in a number of cases unsuitable officers have been chosen.
    I also think you could debate this topic forever, and not get anywhere.
    The officer that killed George Floyd was evil.
    What about his fellow officers that just stood by, and watched?
    There are too many examples to explore.
    People have been shot dead while running away, and posing no threat.
    Too many of the examples seem to include white officers shooting black people.

Having said all that, I am sure that the overwhelming majority of officers are reasonable people, who try their best, and do an impossible job to the best of their ability.

15 Most Controversial Police Shootings In The US
    Unfortunately, these officers' poor judgment calls led to harm against innocents, excessive force, and even death - plus outrage across the nation.

https://www.therichest.com/shocking/15-most-controversial-police-shootings-in-the-us/
    So a cop pulls someone over and during the conversation the suspect states that he's got a gun,the suspect then reaches for something,what should the cop do ? Wait until fired upon or react as he did ? Put anyone in that situation what would their reaction be, when they've got only seconds to decide ? I would assume that most people would react in the same manner. I'm not saying what happened was right but it seems to have been a life or death split second situation. These situations will continue to happen until there's change on both sides.
    lucy4 said:

So a cop pulls someone over and during the conversation the suspect states that he's got a gun,the suspect then reaches for something,what should the cop do ? Wait until fired upon or react as he did ? Put anyone in that situation what would their reaction be, when they've got only seconds to decide ? I would assume that most people would react in the same manner. I'm not saying what happened was right but it seems to have been a life or death split second situation. These situations will continue to happen until there's change on both sides.

Where to start?

There's video footage on Youtube, it's grim so I'm reluctant to link it but you can find it easy enough.
    Within it you'll see some footage from the police car that stopped them, and also some footage of the immediate aftermath taken within the car by his partner.

You'll see the driver bleeding to death as the copper continues to point his gun at him through the window whilst yelling ''don't move''.

What movement he was expecting from someone just shot 5 times, including twice through the heart, I'm not so sure?

Zero attempt from the officer to even try and save his life, as futile as it likely would've been.

Consider the following....

If a man was about to shoot the police, would he likely inform the officer that he does indeed have a gun? Surely that's amongst the last things you'd say if you were planning an ambush.

Is a man travelling in a car, with his partner and small child in the back seat, and pulled over for the fairly trivial matter of a broken brake light, a likely candidate for wanting to murder police officers?

You ''assume that most people would react in the same manner'', and this is exactly the problem.
    A routine traffic stop turns into a bloodbath due to a trigger happy officer.
    Rinse and repeat.

Watch the footage and tell me you still stand by your comments above.
    As I said, I don't condone this in any way but yet again it's the 'suspects' actions that have escalated the situation. Surely the ONLY sensible action to take after telling a notoriously trigger happy police force that you're in possession of a firearm is to raise your hands and show the trigger happy cop that you're no threat to him, keep your hands raised and don't reach for anything that could be construed as a threat.
    lucy4 said:

As I said, I don't condone this in any way but yet again it's the 'suspects' actions that have escalated the situation. Surely the ONLY sensible action to take after telling a notoriously trigger happy police force that you're in possession of a firearm is to raise your hands and show the trigger happy cop that you're no threat to him, keep your hands raised and don't reach for anything that could be construed as a threat.

Have you watched the footage?
    edited April 2021

lucy4 said:

I've only seen what was on mainstream news.

I'll try and find the Youtube stuff.
    lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

I've only seen what was on mainstream news.

I'll try and find the Youtube stuff.
    Discretion advised.

''I'm not pulling it out''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y_yOm9IhA