You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

random i think not

alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61
edited February 2022 in Poker Chat
explain how does the rng favour the weaker hand pree

Comments

• JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    We all suffer hands that we think we were hard done by, perhaps chill for the night and re-think in morning? we cant win em all
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,127
    alyssammy said:

Oh dear someone's experiencing a little glitch in the fairness / variance continuam.

Just keep playing your good hands and ride it out.
  • alyssammyalyssammy Member Posts: 61

alyssammy said:

Oh dear someone's experiencing a little glitch in the fairness / variance continuam.

Just keep playing your good hands and ride it out.
    it happens most of the time so variance is for the weaker hands pree so hence not random so better to play weak cards i guess gl on the tables remember play weak cards you cant go wrong and is not luck that way
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,127
    Yes by its very nature variance will always promote weaker holdings. However to only play weaker hands in the belief that they will more often than not improve to winning hands is definately a losing strategy.

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    alyssammy said:

What is your evidence for the RNG "favouring" weaker hands? The best hand pre-flop isn't always going to win, if that was the case then poker would be boring. Have you never won any hands where you got it all in with the worst hand and won?

Sounds like you've just had an unlucky session and been on the bad side of variance. Just refresh and try again another night. :smile:
  • ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    good advice and very true
    Asho28 said:

alyssammy said:

What is your evidence for the RNG "favouring" weaker hands? The best hand pre-flop isn't always going to win, if that was the case then poker would be boring. Have you never won any hands where you got it all in with the worst hand and won?

Sounds like you've just had an unlucky session and been on the bad side of variance. Just refresh and try again another night. :smile:
    hey asho thanks for your comment, evidence is my own eyes this is not over one session and not only my hands i watch other tables and same day in day out and i know the best hand pree isnt going to win every hand and shouldnt be weaker hands pree win most of the time and as for me getting it in with worst and won i am a very tight player so only have when on tilt lol gl on the tables
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited February 2022
    Reading your posts in this thread and other threads on this I can't help but feel they are made in frustration rather than reason or other factors.

I know when playing DYMs, on a bad run I think here comes the {Blank}. The Blank being a bad card.

I also know when on a good run I think I am going to get lucky or bad beat the other player or players.

Going into a game while on a bad run only enhances the chances of feeling "cheated" in some way. Be it the cards, RNG, life or something else.

Believing in what you see is one part of the equation. One question, is the view obscured in any way? Even a little. It's maybe a big question which can take time to find an answer to.

Hopefully this post comes across as it was intended. :)

3 8 off blind luckers just proves my point even more the rng favours the weaker hand pree day in day out sky dont care who wins hence having the cheapest rng
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    alyssammy said:

3 8 off blind luckers just proves my point even more the rng favours the weaker hand pree day in day out sky dont care who wins hence having the cheapest rng

Tell me you're rubbish at poker without telling me you're rubbish at poker.
  • DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2022
    alyssammy said:

Why are you still playing premium hands then you nugget?
    this thread is not how good i am nor what whole cards i play so please keep to what the thread is about thank you
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    alyssammy said:

this thread is not how good i am nor what whole cards i play so please keep to what the thread is about thank you

Make sure you keep playing whole cards because if you only play half cards you're at a real disadvantage.
    Essexphil said:

alyssammy said:

But in part, it is.

You believe that an RNG is capable of manipulation. Who by? And why?

By the operator? Why would Sky do that? risk a multi-£Billion company so that weaker hand B wins instead of your Hand A? Why would they care who wins? Sky just want the rake. Don't care who it is from.

By the weaker player? Hardly. No-one has ever managed to predict an RNG in order to profit. Even Sky's software.

Suppose you are a 70/30 favourite in a hand. If you play 10 of them, do you not think you will lose 3 of them? do you not think you will remember the 3 rather more than the 7? Or the 3 you win when the situation is reversed?

That is Confirmation Bias. In a nutshell.

If you don't believe me, fine. But in that case you should not be playing poker. For your sake. Not anyone else's.
    skys rng is the cheapest thats why it does not randomise much hence why we always see paired boards flush boards i know my poker and yes im not putting anymore money on sky playing the 1k freeroll this week then gone

alyssammy said:

Make sure you keep playing whole cards because if you only play half cards you're at a real disadvantage.
    lol you obviously dont know there what a players cards is even sky say it but no you gullible people just like to take the pisss
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    alyssammy said:

Essexphil said:

alyssammy said:

But in part, it is.

By the operator? Why would Sky do that? risk a multi-£Billion company so that weaker hand B wins instead of your Hand A? Why would they care who wins? Sky just want the rake. Don't care who it is from.

By the weaker player? Hardly. No-one has ever managed to predict an RNG in order to profit. Even Sky's software.

Suppose you are a 70/30 favourite in a hand. If you play 10 of them, do you not think you will lose 3 of them? do you not think you will remember the 3 rather more than the 7? Or the 3 you win when the situation is reversed?

If you don't believe me, fine. But in that case you should not be playing poker. For your sake. Not anyone else's.
    skys rng is the cheapest thats why it does not randomise much hence why we always see paired boards flush boards i know my poker and yes im not putting anymore money on sky playing the 1k freeroll this week then gone
    Remember to play the low ranked card combos in the freeroll, you'll easy win it based on your bizarre logic.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Good luck.
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    alyssammy said:

Essexphil said:

alyssammy said:

But in part, it is.

How do you know how much Sky's RNG cost compared to other sites? Have you got that information from somewhere verifiable?

How much should a RNG cost to be 'reliable'?
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    TVSpice said:

alyssammy said:

Essexphil said:

alyssammy said:

But in part, it is.

How do you know how much Sky's RNG cost compared to other sites? Have you got that information from somewhere verifiable?

How much should a RNG cost to be 'reliable'?
    1 million dollars