You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Do you read the Results Threads? If so....

Comments

• misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    certain dj, rhymes with wrong
    has an 'essential song/ bout as essential as a wart'
    would never pay a $ to hear 1.
    Would pay plenty $ to never hear any.
    Would gladly monies plenty, for..
    You lots, diplomatic BOSS.
    TK pj loves ya,as Harry Grout once mused 'never miss'
    My lifetimes ambition (to be victorious in the big 1)
    Cant even start trying that, until after May 2nd 2022,but,I will, and I will
    'you lot'
    Below, is one of the most SPECIAL tunes ever, enjoy it, and your wordsmith (Tony) not me.
    For Tony
    https://youtu.be/Il05DJe5C-s
  • glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Always read them , always enjoy them.
    I like the idea of less late MTT reports, and a switch to earlier smaller results.
    Good work 9/10 .
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,470
    I think you do a good job with this. Often I don't comment because I don't know what to reply with. My girlfriend laughed at the Winnis cake thing you found.

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I read every day and it's always in my head whenever I'm close to a "feature" MTT final table that I might make your daily posts etc.

I haven't clicked on the "this time last year" feature but I do read the post.

perhaps you could do a "Tikay's Pick" for the week where you pick an MTT and it's the feature mtt along with the main, mini, 7@7, mega and midex?

I'm not against chopping the 33 turbo or 55 sheriff but I enjoy seeing who's won and I wouldn't know without your posts....
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,734
    I am not sure which gives me more pleasure, winning a big tourney, or getting a write up.
  • Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    MAXALLY said:

Perhaps you could add a 'best bad beat of the day' comp everyday on the results thread and invite players to post up their HH's from the previous day of their worst beat. Tikay will then have to judge which is the best (worse) and award them a badge or something. That should increase views and posts.

Go on, I dare you B)

This is actually a very decent idea
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,624
    You write so elegantly Tikay (just waiting for the book)
    I read the results thread everyday , i usually respond if something picks my interest usually football or music
    i skip past the late tournies
    The one thing i will say if you write i will read
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into these threads it's much appreciated
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Mr T I read the results every time they are up. Something to aspire to in my case!

However 3 to 4 hrs is too much of your time, you don't get enough thanks and trimming it down would not be easy but do it!

Thanks for all your input.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    I read the result thread every day @Tikay10, it's always a go to thread, but 3-4 hours per day? I had no idea you spent so long compiling it. You really shouldn't be spending that much time, maybe get one of your assistants to do most of the research and then add your preamble and puns in afterwards, they are definitely the the best bit IMO. You do have assistants don't you? Not your personal carers obviously, but one of the staff that Sky provides you with or maybe borrow someone from their software development team.

In all seriousness, I agree with much of what the others have said, drop the smaller field reg heavy tourneys from later in the evening (Turbo/Quickdraw/Sheriff/SPT sats) and add in some bigger field and more diverse ones, maybe the 6.30 BH, PLO or even PLO8 ( :D) or the odd micro stakes MTT, just to get some different names mentioned now and again.

You don't have to add specific MTTs every day but maybe once a week, with a warning the day/week before to give people a heads up if they want to try for a forum mention.

What about a special request option? If someone is particularly proud of a result they can request a mention or even post it themselves, I know we have a Brags, Beats and Variance section, but I don't think there's been a brag on there for months.

You're a top man @Tikay10, but 3-4 hours a day would surely be better spent writing that poker book, or at least giving us more poker history anecdotes.

• tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,586
    I read this every day and think that you do a great job.

It seems to be the only way to see the results of MTT's unless you have actually played in them and are able to see results from "my tables".

Is it not possible to just put a link to each result so that we could choose to see the ones we are most interested in?

This might save you a lot of time ? You would then have more time to come up with those delightful little nuances which I am sure we all appreciate.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,663
    edited March 2022
    Great feedback so far, thank you.

Don't worry about the time it takes, & as @NChanning accurately but cruelly observed, I do limit the number of digits I use when typing. It's been a while since I did my Pitmans Touch Typing course.

Some immediate changed to the thread as & from tomorrow - more may follow depending on further feedback.

The Daily Traffic report will cease.

The list of MTT Prize Pools will cease.

"This day last year" will cease.

For a trial period, Sheriff & Turbo will be dropped.

Quickdraw & MidEx MAY continue, am undecided.

The £5.50 entry £1,000 guarantee BH at 1830 will be added

The £5.50 entry £1,000 guarantee Rebuy BH at 1910 will be added

The £2.20 entry £500 guarantee BH @ 2000 will be added

Bad Beat report? Hmm, undecided. I have a life-long aversion to bad beat tales. But it would be good to include something which requires feedback.

The "Sport Report" will continue for the moment, though in due course it may get it's own standalone daily thread. As someone suggested, I really enjoy doing that & it takes very little time.
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

Agree with a lot of what others have said - I'd also be in favour of dropping some/all of turbo/quickdraw/sheriff for some smaller stake, bigger field stuff.

I read the threads most days, but don't comment as much as I should - it's always a nice feeling to be mentioned though :)

Thank you for your hard work!

I agree with whats been said abvove. I also dont comment but i do make a habit of reading the results thread first. I love the write ups, but also think you could write less and cover less MTTs, Either way you do an amazing job and thank you :D
    edited March 2022
    Just seen the last few posts - will definitely consider a "Special Request" option, also maybe just put up links to the dropped MTT's.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,117
    Read it all, love it all.

I'm happy for it to stay as is, but I'll go with the flow.

• MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Surely the "bad beat" thing was a joke at first? The "bad beat" (and "dodgy RNG") threads are great clickbait but does that kind of stuff really need to be brought over to the results thread as well? If we wanted hands posted on the results thread to generate a bit more interaction/feedback would it not be better to encourage people to post the tournament winning hand or their FT bust out hand? If they also happen to be "bad beats" then, fine, I suppose :D

Maybe those of us who read the results thread could just do a better job of interacting more regularly whether we feature or not. The introduction of those £5.50's may well generate a bit more interaction and feedback anyway.
    MynaFrett said:

Surely the "bad beat" thing was a joke at first? The "bad beat" (and "dodgy RNG") threads are great clickbait but does that kind of stuff really need to be brought over to the results thread as well? If we wanted hands posted on the results thread to generate a bit more interaction/feedback would it not be better to encourage people to post the tournament winning hand or their FT bust out hand? If they also happen to be "bad beats" then, fine, I suppose :D

Maybe those of us who read the results thread could just do a better job of interacting more regularly whether we feature or not. The introduction of those £5.50's may well generate a bit more interaction and feedback anyway.

@MynaFrett

Yes, it was posted in humour, but I could not resist the chance to mention my aversion to bad beat stories & threads...
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Daily sports report sounds good

Daily sports report sounds good

@kapowblamz

As a separate thread?
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,511
    For avoidance of doubt, the bad beat suggestion was said in jest. I hate them as much as Tikay. More interaction on the thread would be good though.