You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

who thinks the whole site need a change

Comments

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,479
    Just wanted to add my two cents here a lot of what is been complained about is what I have come to really like about sky.

I used to dislike bounties but am now starting to appreciate them. I had some nice cashes on another site with bigger fields but have to be extra careful with bankroll because every tournament field having at least 400 players and often thousands of players allows for some very big variance. With Sky running lots of small guarantee tournaments some with just 20 players whilst also offering tournaments that can have hundreds in it means one can play where most nights they are profitable. (assuming they are a winning player to begin with) I now combine small field tournaments with tournaments that have several hundred in it allows me to take a chance at a big cash but also to get stable profit coming in.

I think that for recreational players whilst winning the big score is certainly attractive, sitting their for 6 hours+ to then end up busting before you get the real big money is not super attractive.
    one guy mentioned to me about how coming 13th got just a little over double the buyin. its not much better even without bounties tournaments are top heavy payouts and that will lead to a lot of frustration. By having the bounties it means you can still win a reasonable amount with a deep run that doesnt end up in last three. by having smaller fields it means you can make that last 3 much more often. I actually really like the tournament structure on sky.

I would add though the timed tournaments are quite nice since they offer more chance for big cashes but putting ones at 45 mins past that finish at 00. isnt ideal because it means you cannot go for toilet break if your in long session. I think all timed tournaments would work best if they finished before 55 mins past. I would like to see much more timed tournaments.
  • carrotttopcarrotttop Member Posts: 1
    think sky have it right with the number of bh's anything from 2.20 upwards, great fun,something for every level player. Keep up the good work Sky
  • NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 850
    Need more carrotttops around here.
  • Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    If the ONE £55 game on the schedule offends you then don't play it, why bother going out of your way to even click the tab that takes you to the games £24+ I don't get it?
  • KemnalKidKemnalKid Member Posts: 4
    When I first joined the site I too was annoyed with the number of bounty hunter tournaments versus the number of freeze-outs. Having previously only played in the live arena where freeze-outs were the norm I was a lot more familiar with how best to maximise my chances of getting a return on my money in freeze-outs.

However, after playing a few of the bounty hunters I found I preferred them. They allow you to get some return on your money without having to go deep, which for most of us is the exception rather than the rule. Admittedly they require a different mind-set and playing style but once you've got your head around that then I feel they are more fun.

I do worry, however, when I eventually get to play a live tournament I'll be knocked out in the first 10 minutes due to my new bounty hunter playing style!
  • gibbzygibbzy Member Posts: 75
    dont forget the satelites is a cheap way to get into the bigger buy in tournies so you can play several tournies at different levels. Get to mix it with the big boys on a budget. Good way to learn to. Some very good players on this site. Most important to me is the enjoyment of playing and improving. Winning at any level is good for the confidence to.
  • River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 118
    gibbzy said:

dont forget the satelites is a cheap way to get into the bigger buy in tournies so you can play several tournies at different levels. Get to mix it with the big boys on a budget. Good way to learn to. Some very good players on this site. Most important to me is the enjoyment of playing and improving. Winning at any level is good for the confidence to.

Agreed, a couple more satellites would be nice but i think sky have it about right.
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Sky have it right and Derby have it wrong happy days 😆
  • amnotere26amnotere26 Member Posts: 32
    jesus the site needed a change as soon as they got Channing on board
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157

jesus the site needed a change as soon as they got Channing on board

Good job you're not 'ere :)
  • POOLMAN529POOLMAN529 Member Posts: 1
    No one likes bad beat comments. Your site seems to pick certain players, makes sure they lose on most hands. No fun in it anymore!
  • kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    I would like to see some satellites the evening before, especially for the bigger buy - in MTT's.
  • SmillieR1SmillieR1 Member Posts: 1
    can't find any help - can you play a private table with friends?
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    SmillieR1 said:

Sorry.......I don't think so :/
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813
    SmillieR1 said:

@SmillieR1

Hi Bud,

As @MISTY4ME stated, sadly that's not something that Sky Poker currently offer.
    so one thing I have noticed is that some tournaments seem to have disappeared. I guess because they failed to meet the guarantee? like will these ever come back or is that curtains for those.

I could mention specific tournaments but I am sure others would miss a tournament I don't mention etc. do we ever try to reintroduce tournaments again if they have been cancelled once like traffic can have different peaks and the like.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813
    Doubleme said:

so one thing I have noticed is that some tournaments seem to have disappeared. I guess because they failed to meet the guarantee? like will these ever come back or is that curtains for those.

I could mention specific tournaments but I am sure others would miss a tournament I don't mention etc. do we ever try to reintroduce tournaments again if they have been cancelled once like traffic can have different peaks and the like.

@Doubleme

It's mid-summer, the nut worst time of the year for online poker in the UK, so yes, some poorly performing MTT's are bound to be removed from the schedule. I would hazard a guess that come the winter, some will return, some won't.
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

It's mid-summer, the nut worst time of the year for online poker in the UK, so yes, some poorly performing MTT's are bound to be removed from the schedule. I would hazard a guess that come the winter, some will return, some won't.
    thanks for that I guess will see if the timed tournies come back during the winter its really not a big deal just one thing i liked to play occassionly.
  • Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    I think there could be some new things that may be good
  • booker4booker4 Member Posts: 53
    who thinks the site needs a change??? Well, my son was trolled by AYLABAYLA so much that he packed up playing on the site. chat logs prove it. two days ago he asked players to collude in taking me out of a tourney. He constantly trolls me and SKY DO NOTHING. Sky couldn't care less. He abused my disabled son, he abuses anyone out of work, and SKY DO NOTHING. And you NChanning ask who thinks the site needs a change??? coolhanal said:
    can tell whoever runs it not really bothered about it
    AYLABAYLA told players not to let that Cxxt win all of yer get him, that's what SKY ALLOW.
    How many poker players would want to play on a site where a player asks others to collude in taking a player out???
    What will you say now??? you can complain to ????? Why would I complain??? Why is not SKY on top of this man's abuse??? Why does SKY allow it???
    who thinks the whole site needs a change ---- IT doesn't matter Collusion going on and nothing said is not a good thing for POKER.