You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Derby County takeover collapsed? No surprise there.

13»

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited June 2022
    pompeynic said:

Pleased for the fans. It’s no fun watching something you’ve invested time , money and lots of emotions into, being ripped apart in front of your eyes, and you can’t do anything about it.
    It will be interesting to see how they build back.

"Interesting"-that is 1 word for it.

In 3 weeks time, Derby are supposed to be playing their first friendly. In 5 weeks, their first League game.

Currently got just 5 contracted players. 4 Midfielders, and 1 Striker. No Defenders. No Goalie. No Manager-which won't exactly help when they need to recruit players

They've got a set of Administrators who have spent £millions. And-so far at least-have achieved precisely nothing. Who (once again) have a "preferred bidder". But are still doing naff all to protect the club. Because 30 July is looming ever larger.

Steps need to be taken to ensure that the Club is a viable concern. Why is no-one (including the EFL) allowing monthly contracts to be put in place (or, more likely to run to 1 or 2 days before the close of the Transfer window)? Why is there no system in place in relation to loan players? So that a Buyer can be confident that there won't be yet another points deduction, or worse, another Bury? So that fans can see hope?

Quantuma are out of their depth. As are the EFL. As shown by the lack of information being given to the 5 players they have got. Meaning they (like Rooney) are legally entitled to walk away if they choose (like Rangers players some years ago).

On the bright side, finally seem to have secured the Ground. Let's hope that the owner of the Ground does not abuse that fact-because if he does not buy the club, that will be a problem to attract anyone else.

And time is running desperately short.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,074
    I find it incredible that the EFL or before them The Football League can just carry on promoting a product with little or no regard for the well being of clubs or the impact that failure has on the community when these clubs fail.

People with passion for the game and an understanding of what it means to love your club should be at the helm of footballs governing bodies, not business people and I'll tell you why.

In business, if there is an arm of that business that is causing a problem or a loss most CEOs will look to cut it loose to ensure the rest of the venture carries on unencumbered without regard for the consequences as long as the rest of the venture is fine.

The EFL don't give a flying **** because at the end of the day they still have their salaries, their perks and their status.

Bit like bankers really.

I've always classed Derby as one of Stokes big local rivals and come match day I am passionately against them, but if they asked for a donation to keep them alive I'd gladly give one.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited July 2022
    David Clowes Black and White Army

It’s the best possible outcome in my opinion
    I think he’ll run it professionally. The other two in the running, Ashley and Appleby would have done the same. But Clowes is an actual fan.

I’m not sure he’s in there for the long term. It appears somewhat reluctant and i’m fine with that. If he can run it properly and then sell on to a more ambitious owner in time then that’s great.

With Rooney gone and now Clowes in charge hopefully we can step back from the limelight a little
    I certainly can’t see him being pictured with new signings in the way Mad Mel was.

Also

I’d love the EFL to face an investigation from all of this and be forced to be independent, but they won’t. Football will continue as it does and some other poor club will be left to the mercy of an appalling owner whilst the games administrators look on saying they are powerless to intervene.