You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

$40k profit in 6 months

124»

Comments

• ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    I wont tell you all but ill give you an example.Brazil.I probably have around 10 trends i notice with these guys and its mostly i think to do with there being so many poker schools where they all learn the same thing and do the same thing and the new concepts all appear the same month which is one great thing about poker courses it makes most players play the same.
    A couple of plays you will see vs a brazilian would be if you limp bvb they will raise around 80% of the time or another play would be they x3,x4 3bet alot with hands that flop well, but tbh alot of regs seem to be doing this since June time.

No location as i say is tougher as you have to play a bit with them to learn but my tags are very simple.I have 3 tags and have my approach set for each individual style.I dont write any notes or have a special plan for each player.On skypoker around 75% of players have the same tag and thats probably because we are all UK and Ireland.Do the Irish tend to play the same as the English? Welsh same as Scottish? I dunno i never got that specific, maybe there are some opinions on this?
    What you will learn by paying attention to trends is you can learn alot and improve by adding things u notice to ur own game or countering plays.

Today and tomorrow ill take off. I'm still fuming as my electric cut out prime time last night and i probably had around $300 of tables open and once i managed to get back i was out of most.
    Will hopefully recover some of those losses with AJ getting the KO vs Usyk tomorrow night.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    1-25%
    Power cut. Nothing so guaranteed to make my blood boil. Wise to take at least 1 day off for that.

Important to recognise the players who don't conform to type. "Jesus" Ferguson was so successful in part because he was a TAG player with a cowboy hat.

Good luck. Particularly on the AJ bet.
  • ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 55
    I always found Scottish people to be absolutely mental on sky compared to the rest of the UK. Obviously had no data on it but it felt like a legitimate thing. Not sure if others noticed this.

Gl with your challenge
    This is the challenge so far.Terrible start, nice recovery, then drop off.2 sites have eaten alot of the profits and have held me back so far in the challenge, but this is the trouble of player those sites with bigger fields.You can go half a year with no profit and maybe it was a mistake by me to play so many larger field tournaments.
    To still be down money 2 months into the challenge isnt ideal but i will still continue and see if we can have back 2 back profitable months.

gg poker and 888 poker wont be played this month as i bust both bankrolls and they both want screenshots of my bank account transactions which im not interested in sharing.Lesson here is to not withdraw much with these new regulations, seems far less hassle to just keep enough bankroll on a site which will cover any bad downswing.

For this month i will remove/add some games (far less turbos) and play more hours.I played around 1600 games in August which isnt enough to complete the goal.I got too distracted by things outside of poker but will go full lockdown mode this September.
  • River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 116
    good luck with this