You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker is Rigged!!!

Comments

• Options
    Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
    TheWaddy said:

I think hes talking when hes all in and theres cards left to come... when he sees his opponents cards and what he is up against, how unlikely he is to lose....he simply wont have the time to type it as by the time he has thought 'ahh rivers a queen', its there within a split second.

I would say this happens every session you play, even if its just 30 mins or so. At hi lo, with no low possible on a non descript board... in a checked out hand and i hold like 2nd highest pair like 10's and the rivers a king.... you can comfortably say out loud 'ahhh my opponents got a king'..... You know opponents hand by the board and nothing else. You cant do that with a real deck.

There is certain situations you can just tell and its extremely commonplace. You have to adapt your game to take into account what the online version of poker has already told you numerous times.

That is the key to making a profit online. Play 'correct' poker and you will be bitten.

This is just complete waffle, like to be straight up. The cards don't come out any differently online or live the odds are the same, if you get rivered you get rivered, oh well move on.
  • Options
    Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
    Some of the things I see people say are absolutely hilarious, the arrogance someone has to have to think that a multi multi million pound company like sky have made a programme to rig you out of you £2.20 Bounty Hunter buy in is ridiculous. Sky poker isn't rigged, Sky poker doesn't care if you win or lose, the odds of things happening are the exact same online and live, just people like to play victim and think they're the best so only remember the times they get unlucky but forget all the times they got lucky.

Some of the arguments you see are incredible, a good one is that the big stack always wins or wins more often than they should, well then if this is the case when you cover just relentlessly jam wide and just print money as your the big stack and sky wants the big stacks to win don't they.

Simply why would it be rigged, what would sky achieve. Bad beats happen live its just part of the game. And if anyone actually genuinely thinks that sky poker is rigged or a fix why on earth would you play it, why would you invest your hard earned money into a game which is fixed against you and wants you to lose?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    TheWaddy said:

I think hes talking when hes all in and theres cards left to come... when he sees his opponents cards and what he is up against, how unlikely he is to lose....he simply wont have the time to type it as by the time he has thought 'ahh rivers a queen', its there within a split second.

I would say this happens every session you play, even if its just 30 mins or so. At hi lo, with no low possible on a non descript board... in a checked out hand and i hold like 2nd highest pair like 10's and the rivers a king.... you can comfortably say out loud 'ahhh my opponents got a king'..... You know opponents hand by the board and nothing else. You cant do that with a real deck.

There is certain situations you can just tell and its extremely commonplace. You have to adapt your game to take into account what the online version of poker has already told you numerous times.

That is the key to making a profit online. Play 'correct' poker and you will be bitten.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Confirmation bias is a thing. We all like to be right and forget the times we are not, especially with poker when it hurts when we are right.

Thats a bold statement to believe you know what correct poker is. Not many do and I know I definitely don't. I do know how to beat up recreationals though, using a strategy that doesn't involve doing dumb things because I "know" they'll get there by the river.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    I play online poker. I win generally 5 in 6. I know how to avoid spots that you wouldnt in live poker. I dont consider 5 in 6 to be dumb. Thank you.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    When you read any poker book written, there are 2 pieces of advice that get repeated... if you think you are ahead on the flop, bet.... if you think they are drawing, make a bet size/raise that is not giving them the pot odds to call...

Great poker advice. However, use this advice sparingly online, if at all in certain games.
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
    When are u releasing your book, I will pre-order @TheWaddy
  • Options
    Pommy2021Pommy2021 Member Posts: 28
    1767747090 just disgusting

Not played for months. Owning everyone as usual and then that with 30 left for chip lead.

Give over

• Options
    burden09burden09 Member Posts: 40
    so what ur saying is tv spice this has actually been happening for years and sky grew bigger from making money out off it so wrong lol
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    burden09 said:

so what ur saying is tv spice this has actually been happening for years and sky grew bigger from making money out off it so wrong lol

She is saying the opposite, or was in February 2021. Sarcasm can be hard to understand sometimes can't it champ.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    burden09 said:

Oh dear.

First of all try reading what I said again, including the NOT at the end of my statement. Secondly, please be serious. Making money off a river on Sky Poker would make up for potential loss of the multi multi billion business that is Sky should they lose their reputation and licence? Ask yourself, does that seem remotely likely?

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    TVSpice said:

burden09 said:

Oh dear.

First of all try reading what I said again, including the NOT at the end of my statement. Secondly, please be serious. Making money off a river on Sky Poker would make up for potential loss of the multi multi billion business that is Sky should they lose their reputation and licence? Ask yourself, does that seem remotely likely?

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    TheWaddy said:

When you read any poker book written, there are 2 pieces of advice that get repeated... if you think you are ahead on the flop, bet.... if you think they are drawing, make a bet size/raise that is not giving them the pot odds to call...

Great poker advice. However, use this advice sparingly online, if at all in certain games.

Reasonable advice for beginners playing against weak opponents. Thinking has moved on a bit otherwise.
  • Options
    Angela124Angela124 Member Posts: 71
    Tikay10 said:

Tell you what we'll do @Gino12

Next time you register for a game, let me know & I'll watch the chat box. If you can predict 8 out of 10 river cards & type them in the chat box before they are dealt, Sky Poker will give you free entry to a £33 Main Event.

Worth noting too that if you really could predict 8 out of 10 river cards, you'd not be playing Freerolls - you'd be a billionaire playing high rollers, as you simply could not lose. Had you considered that?

I'll better that, I'll also come and watch and if you predict 8 out of 10 rivers, I'll give you £500 to teach me how you do it :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Good point @Angela124

If @Gino12 or anyone else could really predict 8 out of 10 river cards before they are dealt, they'd soon be millionaires.

It'd be like winning the lottery.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Blast!, was gonna take a punt at naming the river cards but Mystic Meg has let me down.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
    edited March 2023
    River cards eh? Well lets think.

Severn
    Euphr eight ies
    StIX
    FOURth

Nope that's it although I suppose you could order them from AMAZON. Sorry I TIGRESS, well there will be others in a little NILE. Cmon then take a PUNt.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734

River cards eh? Well lets think.

Severn
    Euphr eight ies
    StIX
    FOURth

Nope that's it although I suppose you could order them from AMAZON. Sorry I TIGRESS, well there will be others in a little NILE. Cmon then take a PUNt.

Canny believe you missed out the Rhine for the straight,

Irrawaddy will surely be Seine you about that one

:)