You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

7-6 off utg debate

13»

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: 7-6 off utg debate:
    Ye Im gonna do the TKO at 7, then log off to watch Arsenal (Im holding back mi first beer till 7 to make sure I can see the match properly, wud normally be half cut by now) - then log on hopefully in time to win the velocity, then game on from there.  And yeh good point about the CC limp - but with a suited ace, again, never terrible, the position is alot better - but its stlll pretty timid stuff - anything goes in a cash game - a bloke opened shoved for 130xbb with AQ on my table other day and he got paid, some clown snapped him off with 2 jacks. :( THE 2 EXTREMES! I'll be on to watch u at nl200 later! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
        nervesof5160001£232.20 + 40 League PointsDOHHHHHHH02£135.02 + 36 League Pointsdeano196403£94.60 + 32 League Pointsduluxdav2604£77.40 + 28 League Points

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

NEARLY DID N ALL!!!!!!!  :)
  • Options
    Eagle26Eagle26 Member Posts: 431
    edited April 2010
    crackin stuff dohhhhhh not a bad return for a fiver! wp mate
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    N1 dohhhhhh ure still da man.dav
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: 7-6 off utg debate : "Advanced pot control" is being discussed elsewhere and only Brownndog can tell us exactly what he means by that. With regard to "gaining a free card" this is a technique generally used when you have a draw after the flop in position. If your opponent bets on a flop and you have a draw, you can fold (if you don't have the correct odds) or call or raise. The benefit of raising is that, if your opponent just calls your raise, it generally means that he will check to you on the turn. This means that, if you miss your draw, you can also check the turn and get to see the river "for free" in the hope that it will make your draw or give you a chance to bluff. The benefit of raising the flop is that it will generally cost you less than calling another bet from your opponent on the turn who may otherwise, if he puts you on a draw, generally make it too expensive to continue after the turn. The disadvantage is that it gives your opponent a chance to 3-bet you on the flop and price you out of the hand. I would say that you can't make this play with a check-raise out of position since, if you check the turn, your opponent can still bet you off the hand. Another advantage is that, against an opponent who is not aware of this style of play, it disguises your hand.
    Posted by MereNovice

Cheers Vince

Now it makes sense. I'll have to try & incorporate this into my game

• Options
    pryce6pryce6 Member Posts: 1,058
    edited April 2010
    NEARLY DID N ALL!!!!!!!  :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    it's only 230 to win the velocity now?!

:(