You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Just turn the poker off & watch this City - Real Madrid game, it's a delight to watch.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited May 2023
    Tikay10 said:

Just turn the poker off & watch this City - Real Madrid game, it's a delight to watch.

I have 😀

2 half decent teams
    It’s almost like watching Derby under Jim Smith
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Excellent update Paul. Forum Diaries got a bad press for a while in some quarters, no idea why, I've always enjoyed the insight they gave into people's lives & minds.

"Track man at Morley Hayes golf is amazing and costly, It’s so addictive."

It's both of those things, then some. Instead of going 3 times per week, I go almost daily now. Plus, they've hiked the prices up considerably. I mean, it's great value for the analysis it gives us, but a 90 ball basket @ £8.50 seven times a week comes to real money, without even counting juice for the car.

Here's the current price list at Morley Hayes. Pretty sure that when Trackman was installed the prices went up 30%. ;

That's a bargain.
    These are the prices where I go.
    Ball Prices
    100 Balls - £12.00
    75 Balls - £10.00
    50 Balls - £8.00
    25 Balls - £6.00

All fees include use of TrackMan Range.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Excellent update Paul. Forum Diaries got a bad press for a while in some quarters, no idea why, I've always enjoyed the insight they gave into people's lives & minds.

"Track man at Morley Hayes golf is amazing and costly, It’s so addictive."

It's both of those things, then some. Instead of going 3 times per week, I go almost daily now. Plus, they've hiked the prices up considerably. I mean, it's great value for the analysis it gives us, but a 90 ball basket @ £8.50 seven times a week comes to real money, without even counting juice for the car.

Here's the current price list at Morley Hayes. Pretty sure that when Trackman was installed the prices went up 30%. ;

That's a bargain.
    These are the prices where I go.
    Ball Prices
    100 Balls - £12.00
    75 Balls - £10.00
    50 Balls - £8.00
    25 Balls - £6.00

All fees include use of TrackMan Range.
    Interesting
    I think before trackman the prices were about £3.50 for 30 and a fiver for 60.
    I think it’s worth paying the extra though.
    Guess there has to be a limit to how much they charge as you’re getting close to a green fee before long
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 904
    I get so bored at driving ranges, always go with the best of intentions, hit a few wedges, build up through the irons to hitting full shots; then after about 5 wedges I just pull out the driver and try to mash it over the fence at the end of the range. :D

Any practice I do has to be on the course, otherwise I just lose interest unfortunately.
  • Options

I get so bored at driving ranges, always go with the best of intentions, hit a few wedges, build up through the irons to hitting full shots; then after about 5 wedges I just pull out the driver and try to mash it over the fence at the end of the range. :D

Any practice I do has to be on the course, otherwise I just lose interest unfortunately.

@Toffeeandy

Have you used a Range that has Trackman? It certainly makes it more interesting, as it generates stats galore for every shot you hit, club by club.
  • Options

As this thread seems to have a few golfers reading & posting regularly, who do we fancy for the PGA?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Toffeeandy

Have you used a Range that has Trackman? It certainly makes it more interesting, as it generates stats galore for every shot you hit, club by club.
    No, not yet; I think one of the ranges relatively near to me (Kingsfield, near Linlithgow) has trackman bays and that would probably pique my interest a bit more; I'm actually up there playing a league game for my club on Friday so if I have the time I'll have a look. If nothing else it will provide more accurate carry distances for each club as, in my experience, most amateurs over-estimate how far they hit the ball.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

As this thread seems to have a few golfers reading & posting regularly, who do we fancy for the PGA?

Hard to look past the big boys, 1 of Rahm or Scheffler would be my (unoriginal!) guess. Fancy 1 of Hatton or Fleetwood to have a run too.
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Tikay10 said:

Got my usual bet on fitzpatrick and a wee nibble at day and fleetwood
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Yeah that was always the case for me too
    This definitely changes things as I can now see exactly how far clubs are going .
    I agree about the over estimations. The amount of occasional golfers who i speak to at work who can apparently hit their driver 300+…
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Gone with the usual "Camerons". Smith & Young
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    edited May 2023

Tikay10 said:

Hard to look past the big boys, 1 of Rahm or Scheffler would be my (unoriginal!) guess. Fancy 1 of Hatton or Fleetwood to have a run too.
    Fleetwood for the win.
    After all, we 3 are blessed to be blues.

I like Rahm and Finau too.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Did you get it in bad on your final hand...Asking for a friend :p
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    FITZPATRICK and HATTON for British interest

Usual Suspects ......and ADAM SCOTT e/w with lots of places :)
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528

Tikay10 said:

@Toffeeandy

No, not yet; I think one of the ranges relatively near to me (Kingsfield, near Linlithgow) has trackman bays and that would probably pique my interest a bit more; I'm actually up there playing a league game for my club on Friday so if I have the time I'll have a look. If nothing else it will provide more accurate carry distances for each club as, in my experience, most amateurs over-estimate how far they hit the ball.
    Kingsfield prices make tikay and jac35's driving range seem real cheap. Nice facility though and the course is a good 9 holer.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
    Viktor Hovland @28/1, Hideki Matsuyama @20/1 & Xander Schauffele @16/1, all e.w (8 places)
  • Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Toffeeandy

Kingsfield prices make tikay and jac35's driving range seem real cheap. Nice facility though and the course is a good 9 holer.
    Aye, doesn't look the cheapest! Haven't actually played the course before, although I've been at the range quite a few times, heard it's decent enough though.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    The PGA seems to be hotting up nicely. Brute of a course and i don’t think anyone’s really out of it. Very easy to put a big number up on a hole with just one mistake.
    I wonder what a 5 handicapper would go round in?