You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How long can my bankroll last. RELOADED for a TON now lets play some cards.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
edited July 2023 in Poker Chat
Ok it's the 1st of July and I have £56.27 in my account. Can I get to 31st of December without reloading playing only micro / low stakes games, freerolls and tokens?

Probably not but it's going to be fun.

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,610
    play for fun and dont worry about losing the money or play for profit and take it serious or anything in between depending on what effort your willing to make etc.

However nearly anyone can be profitable at poker regardless of ability if they are just savy with the right promos and or games. I mean to make any decent/worthwhile money you would need to have an edge against opponents but if your goal is to just not go broke its pretty doable if you want some pointers just let me know.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    You challenge every poker post ive ever put up... and then post this....

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,521

@TheEdge949

You won a Free Entry to a £5.50 Mini via the Daily Forum Comp, so that might help, especially if you can convert it into a cash.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

yes every single site have some promotions to encourage people to play more and if people are savy with it they can make a little. Like place a fiver and get £10 free bets or play this tournament get this.

one poker site recently offered me $20 tournament money if I played four $5 tournaments there. effectively it was impossible for me to lose because I got the $20 back etc. (somehow I won exactly $20 with the stake and then got an extra $20 from the offer etc)

the truth is you couldnt make a lot doing this but you could make a bit. I would find going extreme freebie hunting or bonus exploits etc would not be worthwhile for me because I could make more just playing as norm. but if someone just wants to stay afloat and is playing micros its not a bad idea to do that sort of stuff.

on top of that their are sites which offer free rolls with no requirements to meet, I think sky even has 10 point ones but not sure how that ever works and if you can eventually reach a point where you cant play them now. But if not he could literally play those only though that was not my original thought.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    Somewhat belated, but best of luck with this @TheEdge949 , was good to see you at the tables again the other day.
  • Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    Good luck with this mate, do we have any updates on progress?
  • Options
    JACKDAW said:

Good luck with this mate, do we have any updates on progress?

Probably every Monday, unless something spectacular happens lol.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Yes.

I have a question if you would be so kind. Perhaps I have my stupid head on or maybe you are on a level that I can not comprehend but I don't understand your point. Is there one?
  • Options
    You feel that £56 is not enough to keep you afloat playing micro's and you feel it would be a challenge to get to the end of the year without reloading.

Im really not having a go at the level, as i play these stakes myself, but it does kind of give away of where you are at with your poker ability if you feel you are likely to go bust with that amount, playing pence and small pounds.

So when you are challenging just about everything i write, if you are being totally honest, you are not really in a position with regards to knowledge to do that.

• Options
    It's 10 £5.50 or 25 £2.20 mtts if you played them or understood the nature of the beast it is quite normal to go that many comps without a cash / win, even playing well.

I would suggest it is your knowledge that's evidently lacking on this subject or perhaps you don't think that a bad run exists online.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to comment on my thread and you have a peachy week now hear.
  • Options
    Well good luck then. Advice would be dont play on a Sunday as the big man wont like it!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,016
    The "big man" didn't turn wine into water, as I recall. And he liked to rest on the 7th day. Not that I'm overly religious-just think people's relationship with their God is not really my business.

On a more humorous note, I recall when my family moved out of London in order to run a Village shop. Our Church in London was officially a Free Church, but most of the Elders were Methodists.

The Elders approached my Mum, and said "We hope you won't be selling alcohol", to which she replied ""I'm not going to be giving it away" :)

Good luck with your Bankroll.
  • Options
    he figured out what I would have told him anyway so he will survive.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    I once went 42 games in a row at 5.50s without a single min-cash, then ran way above EV for the next 42.

Can't underestimate the swings even at micros! Gl with the challenge

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,521
    edited July 2023
    @Angmar2626

Good post.

Variance can be so brutal, & most players don't even begin to understand it.

I used to play a lot (30 to 40 per night) PLO8 DYM's & you can't get much lower variance than 6 player PLO8 DYM's where half the field "win". I did OK but still managed a 15 losing streak once, and then ran up an 11 game winning streak. It is what it is, nothing you can do about it no matter how good or bad you may be.

Most of the "it's rigged" nonsense is because players don't understand variance, exacerbated by being bad losers.
  • Options
    Hey even Tikay is joining in the poking with a stick!

My point was, TheEdge does often reload as he has mentioned it before.... also i dont think a player that is confident in his own ability, will be thinking can i get to 6 months in advance without losing my bankroll of £56 playing micro ... he would be thinking what can i turn that into... a decent player could lose that, but it would have to be a bad run, as its been mentioned.. eg 'i once had a run'... they would not be writing a post with that title and you know that. But hey, turn it into something about me not knowing jack ****!

I do understand variance, what i dont understand is how variance fits in with situations where there appears to be only one result, when it should indeed, 'be varied'..... I would wholly embrace variance, as long term this is the way you win at poker (getting your money in with the odds in your favour, losing some of the time), if thats what is happening.

At 888 for example, there was no variation in a certain result whatsoever. So if you telling me if i dont understand that version of 'variance', then i agree, i dont!
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    My post was in relation to the OP
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    TheWaddy said:

Hey even Tikay is joining in the poking with a stick!

My point was, TheEdge does often reload as he has mentioned it before.... also i dont think a player that is confident in his own ability, will be thinking can i get to 6 months in advance without losing my bankroll of £56 playing micro ... he would be thinking what can i turn that into... a decent player could lose that, but it would have to be a bad run, as its been mentioned.. eg 'i once had a run'... they would not be writing a post with that title and you know that. But hey, turn it into something about me not knowing jack ****!

I do understand variance, what i dont understand is how variance fits in with situations where there appears to be only one result, when it should indeed, 'be varied'..... I would wholly embrace variance, as long term this is the way you win at poker (getting your money in with the odds in your favour, losing some of the time), if thats what is happening.

At 888 for example, there was no variation in a certain result whatsoever. So if you telling me if i dont understand that version of 'variance', then i agree, i dont!

Why don’t you just stick to your own nonsense threads?

• Options
    Probably cos im mentioned, tagged or ridiculed within other peoples threads? I will stand up to them if thats what they do.