You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Player numbers dwindling do sky actually care? (Everyone's away with the birds)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670

@lucy4

Ha, very good.

He's actually a lovely gentleman, so almost certainly not.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,045
    Tikay10 said:

@lucy4

Ha, very good.

I've had it on good authority this was Google Maps latest aerial view of @Enut property :D

:D
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    Definitely not a politician, they are fast becoming the lowest of the low and I wouldn't trust most of them as far as I could throw them. I have worked **** hard for 35 years, saved and invested wisely to be as 'lucky' as I am.;)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@lucy4

Ha, very good.

Thank you @Tikay10
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Not wanting to put a downer on things , but, I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be feeding birds bread.
    It doesn’t give them any nutritional value at all. Seeds, some nuts, insects are the best thing you can feed them. If putting water out shallow bowls are best.
    We get swallows and swifts around here , they nest in people’s lofts, unfortunately more and more lofts are being turned into extra rooms cutting down the available spots. Just down the road we have a piece of woodland where bat boxes have been put up by the local council and there is a thriving colony that you can occasionally see down our road of an evening.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

Not wanting to put a downer on things , but, I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be feeding birds bread.
    It doesn’t give them any nutritional value at all. Seeds, some nuts, insects are the best thing you can feed them. If putting water out shallow bowls are best.
    We get swallows and swifts around here , they nest in people’s lofts, unfortunately more and more lofts are being turned into extra rooms cutting down the available spots. Just down the road we have a piece of woodland where bat boxes have been put up by the local council and there is a thriving colony that you can occasionally see down our road of an evening.

Agree, it's the same as people feeding bread to Ducks, it's no good for them.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Bread bread , who will buy my bread , big ones , small ones , some as big as your head
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Bread bread , who will buy my bread , big ones , small ones , some as big as your head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpYehqcL9k
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,765
    lucy4 said:

pompeynic said:

Agree, it's the same as people feeding bread to Ducks, it's no good for them.
    but they love it, just like you love chocolate haha
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    pompeynic said:

@pompeynic

Morning Nick,

Quite a contentious topic this. Feeding bread to birds is 100% fine, as long as it's only part of a properly balanced food table.

My birds get meal worm, wild bird seed, suet/fat balls, peanuts & seeded bread, all in sensible quantities.

Here's what the RSPB say;

All types of bread can be digested by birds, but ideally it should only be just one component in a varied diet. Bread does not contain the necessary protein and fat birds need from their diet, and so it can act as an empty filler. Although bread isn't harmful to birds, try not to offer it in large quantities, since its nutritional value is relatively low. A bird that is on a diet of predominantly, or only bread, can suffer from serious vitamin deficiencies, or starve.

Source;

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/feeding-birds/safe-food-for-birds/household-scraps-for-birds/
  • Options
    Agree with the above, the problem comes at the local pond for example where everyone takes the kids and a loaf of cheap white bread at the weekend and it becomes the main source of food, leading to fat, unhealthy birdlife.
  • Options
    Enut said:

Agree with the above, the problem comes at the local pond for example where everyone takes the kids and a loaf of cheap white bread at the weekend and it becomes the main source of food, leading to fat, unhealthy birdlife.

@Enut

Yes, 100% agree with that.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

@pompeynic

Morning Nick,

Quite a contentious topic this. Feeding bread to birds is 100% fine, as long as it's only part of a properly balanced food table.

My birds get meal worm, wild bird seed, suet/fat balls, peanuts & seeded bread, all in sensible quantities.

All types of bread can be digested by birds, but ideally it should only be just one component in a varied diet. Bread does not contain the necessary protein and fat birds need from their diet, and so it can act as an empty filler. Although bread isn't harmful to birds, try not to offer it in large quantities, since its nutritional value is relatively low. A bird that is on a diet of predominantly, or only bread, can suffer from serious vitamin deficiencies, or starve.

Source;

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/how-you-can-help-birds/feeding-birds/safe-food-for-birds/household-scraps-for-birds/
    @Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Happy to have that cleared up, I was obviously misinformed.
    It sounds like your local flocks have a superb buffet of treats provided by yourself, should bring a wealth of different species for you to observe. Pot of tea, plenty of biscuits and a good pair of binoculars will provide a great morning/afternoon’s entertainment .
    Are you off to Vegas with the Sky group? If so , have a fabulous time, hope to read about your exploits at Orleans and the Horseshoe four card tables. Not envious not one bit 😢😢😢 .
    Really looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the next SPT. It’s been way too long for me.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

Tikay10 said:

pompeynic said:

@pompeynic

Morning Nick,

Source;

@Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Happy to have that cleared up, I was obviously misinformed.
    It sounds like your local flocks have a superb buffet of treats provided by yourself, should bring a wealth of different species for you to observe. Pot of tea, plenty of biscuits and a good pair of binoculars will provide a great morning/afternoon’s entertainment .
    Are you off to Vegas with the Sky group? If so , have a fabulous time, hope to read about your exploits at Orleans and the Horseshoe four card tables. Not envious not one bit 😢😢😢 .
    Really looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the next SPT. It’s been way too long for me.

@pompeynic

Hi Nick,

Yes, I head off 3 weeks today.

Not sure what MTT's I'll be able to find but if all else fails I'll play Cash at The Orleans. I really like The Orleans.

Next SPT is Manchester in September, look forward to seeing you mate.