You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How long can my bankroll last. RELOADED for a TON now lets play some cards.

124»

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    .......It's ALL ' Swings & Swongs ' as our slightly-Aged Away Friend would say :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    It is equal for all players, agreed, Some are able to adapt to the enhanced hands, others play rigidly to 'correct play' and get bitten.

Enhanced hands are equal for all, though poorer players will always benefit from that over a good player.

TIP: The hands you posted seemed to heavily involve all ins, miles ahead, but unfortunately with a card, or disasterously, with 2 cards to come. Avoid this where you can and the results will improve. Or you can carry on for another 14yrs being extremely disappointed with the long odds turnarounds!

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    TheWaddy said:

It is equal for all players, agreed, Some are able to adapt to the enhanced hands, others play rigidly to 'correct play' and get bitten.

Enhanced hands are equal for all, though poorer players will always benefit from that over a good player.

TIP: The hands you posted seemed to heavily involve all ins, miles ahead, but unfortunately with a card, or disasterously, with 2 cards to come. Avoid this where you can and the results will improve. Or you can carry on for another 14yrs being extremely disappointed with the long odds turnarounds!

So you would advocate folding to an all in where we have a good idea that we are way ahead. that seems very -EV to me.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    It is the norm to avoid allins even with dealt pocket pair unless your chippy. !
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    Early Doors Late Doors unless the Answer is "Bingo"
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,761
    early doors,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r679Hhs9Zs

late doors,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHXjcdNIN-Q

the answer could very well be bingo, haha

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592

TheWaddy said:

So you would advocate folding to an all in where we have a good idea that we are way ahead. that seems very -EV to me.
    You cant fold to an all in, but you can attempt to control the pot and not push all in yourself... as ive said the dominated ace situation online is particulary a bad one, which ive mentioned many times. I do this in the freeroll, as its the only way to play the freeroll.... but every night i eventually go out to the same story.... Hence my many requests to be able to bet on an obvious 6% river

Tonights;
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    tooniepeteSmall blind75.0075.001560.00
    TheWaddyBig blind150.00225.001265.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    mowgli11Fold
    charmain12Fold
    supersibbFold
    reelerRaise300.00525.005335.00
    tooniepeteFold
    TheWaddyAll-in1265.001790.000.00
    reelerCall1115.002905.004220.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • K
    • A
    reelerShow
    • A
    Flop
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    reelerWinPair of 8s2905.007125.00
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Hi Mark,

Good to see you are running a little better & going along nicely.

How's the training & weight loss going, or is that a separate thread? I'm on catch up & I've not read everything yet.
  • Options
    Hi Tikay,

Welcome back.

It's all going well thanks. Just under 4 weeks out now and definately at the sharp end. In fact an update will be on the Trek 13 thread either tonight or tomorrow in the Rail.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619

Excellent news, ride that variance train Mark.
  • Options
    Been a while folks.

The bankroll currently sits at £70 thanks to some cashes, mainly in the £2.20 £400 bounty hunter, although a nice £40 pot in a 10/20 cash game helped.

Should comfortably avoid reloading again before Chrimbo and just going to keep grinding away.

I really can't understand why I seem to be able to get bounties and a regular cash in the £400 but the minute I sit at any of the mini mains I can't ever seem to win a hand. It's the same game, same players for the most part and I really don't play any differently, or is the skill set better at £5.50 than £2.20.

Meh, whatever, it's all fun innit.