You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Monday's Forum Triple Takedown Competition (APRIL 2023 ONWARDS)

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,605
    Tikay10 said:

Afternoon FTT-ers.

Sad news I'm afraid, tonight's 3 FTT's events will be the last, after tonight these three MTT's will NOT run any more.

As most of you will know, they have been missing guarantee by some way for a while now. This is exacerbated by there being no Reg Fee, plus of course there are Community Prizes every week. The Community Prizes alone cost over £3,000 per year.

So the numbers just don't add up any more.

All prizes owed, & from tonight, will of course be honoured.

Also, the cash saved from the "Community Budget" (the weekly & monthly Forum prizes) is still available, so if anyone has suggestions of how we can put that cash to good use, via some sort of Forum Comp that drives traffic & engagement & is a bit of fun, fire away & it'll be considered.

Finally, & most importantly, we all owe a debt of thanks to @MAXALLY &, before he took over, @bbMike, who ran these Competitions for us.

Yes, a sad day, but understandable with the recent dwindling numbers.

FTT, in one form or another, has been run weekly since about MAY 2011 (afaicr) .

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713
    A real shame, there have been plenty of community members that helped to run and promote these games long before I took it on, but I knew @MAXALLY would kill it :D

On a serious note a big thanks must also go to @j3ono @luvBWFC guys who put in a **** of a lot of work before we tried to make it run a bit smoother. I’m sure lots of other admins and OGs from back in the day deserve a mention even if they’re not here to see it (for various reasons).

These comps have been there to give very cheap well structured games and to give the little guys a bit more value for money enabling them to shot take bigger games or build a bit of a roll as well as a bit of friendly competition at the same time each week. There was a lot of buzz around these games a good 10 years ago and really helped with the sense of community that you get here.

They will be missed, hopefully we’ll get a good turnout for the last hurrah.

FINAL WEEK'S RESULTS (2nd September, 2024)

A VERY good week for @chkngeorge who wins FTT1 & 2 and finishes this comp with the MAX (or MIN, depends on how you look at it) SCORE of 2. Very well played.

Weekly prizes. ...Well done to

1st @chkngeorge wins a main event entry (£33) of their choice
    2nd @ToddB wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11) SUNDAY 8th SEPTEMBER
    3rd @kinematic wins a MINI entry (£5.50) of their choice

PLEASE CAN ALL WINNERS liaise with @Tikay10 to claim your prizes or amend the given date above.

A BIG PERSONNEL THANKS TO ALL THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED THIS COMP OVER THE YEARS AND ALL THE ADMINS WHO HELPED RUN
    IT

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,906

Great stuff Alan @MAXALLY, also for the posts both you & @bbMike made yesterday.

"1st @chkngeorge wins a main event entry (£33) of their choice
    3rd @kinematic wins a MINI entry (£5.50) of their choice"

I'll register @ToddB for the Mini Major this Sunday, 8th September.

@chkngeorge and @kinematic just have to let me know "what & when".
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 803
    A shame to see that the takedown comp is being stopped, but all good things must come to an end.

Big thanks to @MAXALLY, @bbMike , @j3ono & @luvBWFC for the continued running of this over the years!

Hopefully an alternative comp can be introduced in the near future.
  • kinematickinematic Member Posts: 33
    Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10

Please could I be registered for the Mini Hitman this Thursday.

Thanks, Dave

P.S. really enjoyed the FTT comps so thanks to those that have been involved in running and managing it. Hope there will be something to replace it in the future.
    kinematic said:

Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10

Thanks, Dave

P.S. really enjoyed the FTT comps so thanks to those that have been involved in running and managing it. Hope there will be something to replace it in the future.
    @kinematic

Hi Dave,

No problem, Thursday's Hitman Mini BOOKED.
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 3
    i was only just getting started with these tourneys but now they have come to an end. Thank you for the additional bit of fun you have added to these games
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,925
    maybe they shoulda tried putting them back to a quid entry.......seems they only started struggling since the 6 quid a week switch ........

• gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 161
    Here’s hoping something can replace them.
    Thanks for everyone’s efforts in making these happen.
    I’d not played them for a while due to early starts on a Tuesday and the prize pools not being big enough to warrant that late a finish.
    Really hope that between us we can come up with something else.

• bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,713

maybe they shoulda tried putting them back to a quid entry.......seems they only started struggling since the 6 quid a week switch ........

It was only the second game that increased in price from £1 to £2, so a total entry fee increase from £5 to £6. Not so bad since they’d been running at £5 since about 2011, and let’s not forget rake-free.

Unfortunately, as well as missing guarantees the effect of the games not attracting many entrants is that the prizes then become distributed to a much smaller proportion of the community and it starts to lose its purpose. The games always seemed to attract the same people but hasn’t really appealed to newer entrants probably since the old TV days and when there was a team element and people actively ‘recruiting’ others to take part.

It’s been fun (it’s also been dreadfully boring at times!) but all things run their course.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 939
    It is a shame that this comp will no longer run. Was always a bit of fun, and anything with added prizes is always a bonus.

Understandable though, that it is no longer viable.

I would just like to echo the sentiments from above that the work that had gone in to this, for a very long time, was appreciated by myself.

Fingers crossed some sort of alternative can be found.

Cheers guys
  • 18AND5TIME18AND5TIME Member Posts: 481
    I can only repeat what I was saying at the tables on Monday night, ''GUTTED'', Cheers to all involved from the start of the DTD to the end with FTT, Had a lot of fun with the team leagues, then same with the individual league. Monday Nights wont be the same, Thanks to everyone that's been involved all the way through, Ans a big thanks to TIKAY for his involvement throughout. CHEERS ALL.
    kinematic said:

Tikay10 said:

@Tikay10

Thanks, Dave

@kinematic

Morning Dave.

You've now been registered for tonight's Hitman Mini. VBOL Sir.

• chkngeorgechkngeorge Member Posts: 67
    edited September 5
    @Tikay10 can I have entry to tuesday 10th sept. main please?

Also thanks to everyone involved in running these comps. Really like the community aspect that sky poker has and the added value was a nice bonus!

@Tikay10 can I have entry to tuesday 10th sept. main please?

Also thanks to everyone involved in running these comps. Really like the community aspect that sky poker has and the added value was a nice bonus!

@chkngeorge

Free entry to Gold Rush Main, Tuesday 10th September, BOOKED
    edited September 8
    @ToddB

"2nd @ToddB wins entry to the Sunday mini-major (£11) SUNDAY 8th SEPTEMBER"

Morning.

You are now registered for tonight's Mini Major, hope it goes well for you.