You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Everest Anywhere A Personal Challenge for September and October.

13»

Comments

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,600
    Hi all,

Fresh from a particularly enjoyable milsim on Anglesey and as promised the total elevation for the whole exercise was 1,883ft.

It helped that our HQ was atop a rise with an elevated field of fire which meant that every time we got hit we had to return to respawn. I got shot plenty.

Total Current ascent = 10,777

Ascent remaining = 18,257

Should have been driving to Great Yarmouth today for 4 days R&R however, illness in the family has postponed that until tomorrow. Whilst it's as flat as a witches tit I shall be hitting the gym there to keep the floors rolling, or the bars to stay hydrated.

Tough choice.
    Arrived in Yarmouth yesterday feeling decidedly unwell so left ant attempt at the challenge to today.

Completed 85 floors on the climb mill so that's another 850 feet in the bank.

Total current ascent = 11,627

Ascent remaining = 17,407

On to tomorrow.
    Went to the gym in Yarmouth yesterday then travelled home last night in weather that could only be described as biblical. In fact if a line of animals in 2x2 formation had been waiting to get on a large wooden boat I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Back on it this morning at my home gym.

So 2 lots of totals to give you.

Thursday climb mill 82 floors = 820ft
    Friday climb mill 56 floors = 560ft

Total ascent = 1,380ft

Total current ascent = 13,007

Ascent remaining = 16,027

Don't know what the weekend has in store, legs are sore, hips ache and trainers are falling apart.

Have a great weekend yeah.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,535

Nearly halfway now, well done Mark.
    A nice restful weekend meant a busy week ahead on the climb mill. However, 35 floors in and omg wtf just happened.

Well it's called a calf strain and it hurts like mad, so much so in fact that I honestly had tears in my eyes as I stumbled to a near seat and tried to get my leg in a position that didn't hurt.

That was something of an exercise in futility although an ice pack and 10 mg of morphine later it was bearable if somewhat uncomfortable.

The injury itself is not severe which means that with careful management I should be back to something like normal in a couple of weeks, in the meantime gentle weight supported exercise is recommended to keep everything supple.

Will need to see how it goes but I'm thinking maybe step up on the right foot and just bring the left foot onto the same step, almost baby steps style. Yes it will mean double the time to complete a floor but hey it's supposed to be a challenge.

So compression stockings and painkillers at the ready and I'll let you know what happens.

In the meantime

Floors 35 = 350ft

Current total ascent = 13,357ft

Ascent remaining = 15,677ft
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,890
    No sick note for self inflicted injuries S.A.S. who dares wins.

How to Walk on Your Hands (with Pictures)