You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS???:
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : tbf on most 'serious' poker forums it is already known as that. the amount of games on offer has little effect on the servers that sky use.  sky could offer a 50,000 tournies to start every hour, and it wouldn't put much strain on the server.  the problems happen when loads of people want to play at the same time.
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks for that, like I say, not computer literate.
    I can find the fold button easily but thats about it!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : OK well what if we get a picture of a donkey.....and here's the novelty.........without a tail. Then we all have a tail each and play blindfolded and try to stick the tail on the donkey. It has everything going for it......skill, chance, and we could have side bets or play blackjack at the same time. Oh! and guess what ........the donkey ALWAYS wins.
    Posted by elsadog
    Mernovice already has the picture............ lets roll!
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : Mernovice already has the picture............ lets roll!
    Posted by Hale72
    NO-ONE's sticking pins in me, OK?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : NO-ONE's sticking pins in me, OK?
    Posted by MereNovice
    Oh, go on, you can keep the rake!
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : Oh, go on, you can keep the rake!
    Posted by Hale72
    ... and what exactly am I supposed to do with a rake? (Don't answer that).
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They'l only be small pins, honest.
    And with my aim, lets be honest there gonna be no where near your back side!

See totally safe!
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : I like your "blue sky" thinking but I'd have to rule this one out on health and safety issues. Also, before you suggest getting the seed from the horse chestnut tree and sticking it on a bit of string and trying to hit another one, I'm going to have to rule that one out on the same grounds too.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Awww that was my next suggestion.thought we could call it something like 'bonkers'

• Options
    goddenkylegoddenkyle Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    1 chip tourney, worst idea i have ever heard of........what a waste of  time effort and energy, why did sky chose this option??? could it be the idea of making quick rake without holding a lenghty tourny????? absolute joke!!!!!
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited October 2009
    We could run a really hard-core version of the one chip tourney. We all have a gun and one bullet, then....................
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited October 2009
    my idea was for a nutters only FREEROLL-- and as such would be hardly any different from the present ones--except that it would be finished quicker and free up the players for proper games--this is why i thought sky might like the idea
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: SKY 1 CHIP TORNS??? : Unless I've made a mistake, I don't think that any of these tournaments are mandatory. So, to everyone banging on about this as if it's the end of the world as we know it, I'd suggest that you just don't play them. There are plenty of deepstack tournaments (several created at the request of people on this forum). If people want to play these types of games, that's their choice. As far as I am aware, SkyPoker is by far the most receptive poker site in terms of putting on the types of tournaments that customers request. They are, however, in the business to make a profit, not just to run a few games for 100 or so mates to have fun. Since I doubt that the deepstack tournaments are really profit making ventures at this stage, I guess that we should look on the gimmicky, popular games as subsidising our poker rather than mocking them. The constant denigration of different types of games and inexperienced players is getting rather tiresome. Just my opinion, obviously.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Hello

I respect your comments very much but my point was put accross because i personally feel that sky benefit from our words so wanted to put it out on my thread that clueless torns like that is not what we all want, i understand fully sky is here to make money which i totally agree with but surely more players and better torns would make them money
    Just an opinion B LUKKY
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2009
    GREAT POSTS BY ALL U GUYS AND GIRLS AS ALWAYS.NOW WHAT WAS THE 1 WITH THE BULLET AGAIN?
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited October 2009
    Grimstar... 1 chip no blinds, only option shove or fold... optimum strategy... wait for AA and then shove... thats pointless! thats why you have blinds to prevent that happening.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited October 2009
    my idea was for a nutters only FREEROLL-- and as such would be hardly any different from the present ones--except that it would be finished quicker and free up the players for proper games--this is why i thought sky might like the idea
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi Oynutter,
    None of us are bemoaning you winning the£50.
    We are not happy with the decision to take, what you said was a fun post, and implement it, when there some very good and interesting ideas.
    In my humble opinion, youre suggestion falls into the area the deserved a spot prize.(none of these were given to anyone).
    Your point that is was recommended that it should be a freeroll, only confirms the madness of their decision.
    col
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

i'm sorry there has been some discontent over the suggestions competition. it was intended as a fun competition and a great way to get some of your site suggestions all in one, organised thread.

the suggestions competition was judged by the poker team and the 1 chip tourney was seen as quick and easy way to give some players a bit of fun. these tournaments won't be of a high buy-in and of course wont be for everyone.

this tournament would also not affect the deepstacks or any other tournaments for that mater.

(regarding spot prizes) - across this community we have many different, fun ways to win yourself a spot prize ( tournament entry, merchandise etc etc.) every week we give out lots of different prizes to many different users.
    some of these are announced publicly (the suggestions comp) but many are done slightly more subtly (through private messaging etc).

i feel that these fun competitions that everyone can enter really add to the enjoyment of the community and hopefully will continue and grow as we continue and grow as a community.

i hope you all agree and continue to use and enjoy the forum

all the best guys,

Rich
  • Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited October 2009
    Hi guys, i'm sorry there has been some discontent over the suggestions competition. it was intended as a fun competition and a great way to get some of your site suggestions all in one, organised thread. the suggestions competition was judged by the poker team and the 1 chip tourney was seen as quick and easy way to give some players a bit of fun. these tournaments won't be of a high buy-in and of course wont be for everyone. this tournament would also not affect the deepstacks or any other tournaments for that mater. (regarding spot prizes) - across this community we have many different, fun ways to win yourself a spot prize ( tournament entry, merchandise etc etc.) every week we give out lots of different prizes to many different users. some of these are announced publicly (the suggestions comp) but many are done slightly more subtly (through private messaging etc). i feel that these fun competitions that everyone can enter really add to the enjoyment of the community and hopefully will continue and grow as we continue and grow as a community. i hope you all agree and continue to use and enjoy the forum all the best guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Many thanks for the reply rich its very much appreciated
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited October 2009
    Grimstar... 1 chip no blinds, only option shove or fold... optimum strategy... wait for AA and then shove... thats pointless! thats why you have blinds to prevent that happening.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I know :) not sure where I wrote I was in favour of it!?